Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Banning the burkini in France

Banning the burkini in France

Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Banning the burkini in France

Some of you know about this controversy.

While I understand the dislike of the burka (in Europe, that is) and am not opposed to laws that ban fully closed faces, the recent French laws banning the burkini on some of their beaches is just insane.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-on-nice-beach

Look at the picture of the woman. There's nothing wrong with what she's wearing. Good god, she's just as covered up as our great-grandmothers would have been at Victorian beaches. The burkini is also tight enough that it'd difficult to hide explosives or other weapons, certainly no more than a regularly dressed person with a rucksack.

And aren't 99% of Islamic terrorists in Europe actually male? Who dress no differently from western men?

This is just stupid.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banning the burkini in France

The issue is when they start complaining and preaching to the topless girls.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:44 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Bosnian / American friend and we spoke about her wearing a headscarf. Something she would never do in USA, but did here sometimes. She said she like wearing it as she found it liberating as a women. Maybe she had been brainwashed, or maybe we westerners just don't understand.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Nothing like the French pouring petrol on their own fire eh.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:48 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

We just have to accept when our time is over, Europe will be an Emirate. Who will be France's next Charlemange?
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

The French are at their witt's end in fighting the Islamists so they end up with this hamfisted approach.

Unlike the GCC or China, they can't just officially discriminate against races and religions or keep out certain cultures and religions so they end up being taken advantage of by Islamists and don't know how to defend their society without screwing up their liberty and secularism.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
The French are at their witt's end in fighting the Islamists so they end up with this hamfisted approach.

Unlike the GCC or China, they can't just officially discriminate against races and religions or keep out certain cultures and religions so they end up being taken advantage of by Islamists and don't know how to defend their society without screwing up their liberty and secularism.
And it also doesn't help that a large proportion of their former lands are North Africa and Islamic.

You have to feel sorry for the frogs, we have Canada, Aus, Seychelles, Zanzibar, Maldives, Hong Kong, Singapore, NZ, South Africa, Caribbean, Fiji, Cyprus, Malta and they get Tunsia and Algeria.

Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

i never like the frigging frogs...complete bunch of tossers....this is further confirms that.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mission
i never like the frigging frogs...complete bunch of tossers....this is further confirms that.
I wouldn't ban covering up on a beach in the UK (Hey i probably don't wanna see your body as much as you want me to see it) but I'd be all for banning the Burka in the UK
Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iggle
I wouldn't ban covering up on a beach in the UK (Hey i probably don't wanna see your body as much as you want me to see it) but I'd be all for banning the Burka in the UK
I am no advocate for the face covering burka (to be honest it just kinda freaks me out)....but as to banning it, I wouldn't necessarily want that....freedom of choice, innit.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok. Nobody likes the french.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:19 am
Banned

I am no advocate for the face covering burka (to be honest it just kinda freaks me out)....but as to banning it, I wouldn't necessarily want that....freedom of choice, innit.
What about my freedom to feel safe and secure?

Freedom of choice, PC culture, Liberal media and handing out free passports to the Mo Farahs of this world is what's got us in this mess.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely gutted after failing my French self defence course last night.
I've never ran so fast in my life.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:33 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iggle
What about my freedom to feel safe and secure?

Freedom of choice, PC culture, Liberal media and handing out free passports to the Mo Farahs of this world is what's got us in this mess.
im not sure you get this whole freedom concept
Old Aug 24th 2016, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

its a bit ridiculous. by all means ban wearing a burka or Chador as they pose possible security threats. But is women want to wear a Burkini why stop them.

I do wonder though how many of the women complaining about this rule would support the right for women to wear a bikini in islamic countries?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.