British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   is this on Bangle's wish list (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bangles-wish-list-619587/)

Inselaffen Jul 12th 2009 2:14 am

is this on Bangle's wish list

bit chavy so it probably is :)

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/...kit-leaked.jpg

Eva Jul 12th 2009 2:44 am

Re: is this on Bangle's wish list

Morning Inse, how you doin?
That's putrid btw......

BangleMan Jul 12th 2009 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7744389)

i saw it on a website a few days ago, and its just a rumour at the moment, and there are a few other designs which the new kit could be....its launched on Monday officially (unveiled)

but without doubt, if it is this one, it is the worst WHU kit i have ever seen, and if the plan was to sell a lot of them, i think they could be in for a suprise, as not one person on the WHU fansites has said they like it !!

truly terrible design.....

Madam Medusa Jul 12th 2009 3:38 am

(looks the same as the last one to me, lol...)

MM, xx

MataHari Jul 12th 2009 5:17 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7744466)
i saw it on a website a few days ago, and its just a rumour at the moment, and there are a few other designs which the new kit could be....its launched on Monday officially (unveiled)

but without doubt, if it is this one, it is the worst WHU kit i have ever seen, and if the plan was to sell a lot of them, i think they could be in for a suprise, as not one person on the WHU fansites has said they like it !!

truly terrible design.....

so what's wrong with it...other from the obvious that it's a football kit...
this is a serious question by the way...

Eva Jul 12th 2009 5:20 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7744660)

It's synthetic fibres........

MataHari Jul 12th 2009 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7744665)
It's synthetic fibres........

actually...that is something I wonder about...
isn't 100% cotton the most comfortable thing to wear at all times...

Eva Jul 12th 2009 5:29 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7744667)
actually...that is something I wonder about...
isn't 100% cotton the most comfortable thing to wear at all times...

Totally MH surpassed only by a combination of cotton mix & Irish linen.They would say that's not aprppo for sport and it has to be that adi dri fit stuff....yuck .Okay wear it on the field if they must but how guys can wear it as leisure dress I don't know.So so 'NO'. Am I coming over a bit strong on this?

MataHari Jul 12th 2009 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7744678)
Totally MH surpassed only by a combination of cotton mix & Irish linen.They would say that's not aprppo for sport and it has to be that adi dri fit stuff....yuck .Okay wear it on the field if they must but how guys can wear it as leisure dress I don't know.So so 'NO'. Am I coming over a bit strong on this?

no, I agree...
and why does it need to be dri fit...it's not like they will play another game after the first one...so plenty of time to wash it and let it dry...
football kits, or any other sports outfit worn as leasure wear is a complete no no...

BangleMan Jul 12th 2009 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7744531)
(looks the same as the last one to me, lol...)

MM, xx

well, you should know, you told me you dress up in it regularly for role play ....or did I imagine that ?

BangleMan Jul 12th 2009 5:45 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7744660)

whats wrong with it....its fcking awful....whats with the light and dark checks !

Traditionally, West Ham wear Claret on the body and light blue arms....where the light blue ?....Oh yeah.....I can just make out a little piping under the armpit !

And, And.....We wear white sock, not bloody claret hooped socks ....

It would be like the Dutch team coming out in Orange shirts with black stripes.....!!

Eva Jul 12th 2009 5:46 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7744686)
no, I agree...
and why does it need to be dri fit...it's not like they will play another game after the first one...so plenty of time to wash it and let it dry...
football kits, or any other sports outfit worn as leasure wear is a complete no no...

I concur.
Also, do you notice how 'grey' white tops become so quickly- a couple of cool washes and they lose the whiteness....euuwyuk ,truly the day wardrobe of potlickers.
No decent 4dhs per hour labourer would swop his two bit kalwar for a nikeysmikey whitegrey 150dhs football top ......

Eva Jul 12th 2009 5:48 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7744702)
whats wrong with it....its fcking awful....whats with the light and dark checks !

Traditionally, West Ham wear Claret on the body and light blue arms....where the light blue ?....Oh yeah.....I can just make out a little piping under the armpit !

It would be like the Dutch team coming out in Orange shirts with black stripes.....!!

Ah, I defo thought it was more AV colour co ordinated than your mob......

MataHari Jul 12th 2009 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7744703)
I concur.
Also, do you notice how 'grey' white tops become so quickly- a couple of cool washes and they lose the whiteness....euuwyuk ,truly the day wardrobe of potlickers.
No decent 4dhs per hour labourer would swop his two bit kalwar for a nikeysmikey whitegrey 150dhs football top ......

exactly...and if syntetic fibres where that good, all the Arabs and Indians would be wearing long shiny dishdashes etc by now...but they are not...

MataHari Jul 12th 2009 5:51 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7744702)

white socks are the biggest turn off in mankind...maybe that's where you've been going wrong...