British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Ballet Shoes? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/ballet-shoes-566577/)

Kim67 Oct 11th 2008 5:29 pm

Ballet Shoes?

I know this is a bit of a long shot on here, but thought I'd ask the question anyway. Is there a Bloch shop or anything seriously ballet in Dubai (or anywhere within a couple of hours drive)? I've been to The Ballet Centre and Magrudy's to try and get ballet shoes for my girls today - but the leather's like it's been drying in the sun for 300 years and only full soles made of something similar to wood. I can live with most things here, but if I can't get decent ballet gear I'm going to go bonkers.

Madam Medusa Oct 11th 2008 6:17 pm

Re: Ballet Shoes?

i think there's a shop in palm strip mall but, to be honest, if the ballet centre doesn't stock what you want, can't imagine that this place does, although it might be worth giving them a try...

MM, xx

Kim67 Oct 11th 2008 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6866077)
i think there's a shop in palm strip mall but, to be honest, if the ballet centre doesn't stock what you want, can't imagine that this place does, although it might be worth giving them a try...

MM, xx

Thanks, I'll give it a try - might have to stock up next time we're in Australia I guess, as it's a bit hard to judge sizes if you order online for shoes. I'll check out what's in the container when we unpack over the next couple of weeks, might be a few pairs to get us through until our next trip home if the palm strip doesn't sell them.

Thanks again.

Blue Cat Oct 12th 2008 10:07 am

McGrudy's at Ibn Battuta, try there.

Kim67 Oct 12th 2008 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6867165)
McGrudy's at Ibn Battuta, try there.

Thanks - I'm going to try the Palm Strip tomorrow as MM suggested first - I saw some of the older girls at ballet with fairly decent shoes on today so I asked them where they got them and they got them at Palm Strip - hopefully they have them in kids sizes too. I'll let you know how I go.

CapezioDubai Oct 13th 2008 10:19 am

Hi. I am the owner of the licence for Capezio danceshoes. We have a fab range of balletshoes etc and I am opening a shop shortly. You can call me on 050 3527446. Belinda:thumbsup:

Kim67 Oct 13th 2008 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by CapezioDubai (Post 6869637)
Hi. I am the owner of the licence for Capezio danceshoes. We have a fab range of balletshoes etc and I am opening a shop shortly. You can call me on 050 3527446. Belinda:thumbsup:

Thanks Belinda - I'll call you tomorrow.