Bali

Old Apr 9th 2018, 9:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bali

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I especially despise white kids with matted hair and bad tattoos who think they can save the world in their bagged trousers and keffiyeh headdress worn as a scarf. They think they're being offbeat individuals raging against the consumerist machine yet look, talk and behave exactly like every other one.
You don't want to visit Motueka and Golden Bay NZ then.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure I said Bali was a bit take it or leave it earlier in this thread..... I've done 2 visits. Once with mates travelling round (we hired a car) and a second for a destination wedding in Uluwatu. Both times we got out of Kuta quick smart, limited time in Seminyak to only 2 nights and then headed over to the Gillys.

The Gilly islands 'were' excellent but they've probably been spoilt now too.

For me its just like an expensive Thailand..... where the folk are generally not as nice. At least you know where you are with Thailand.

For SEA I would recommend Cambodia. Going back for my 3rd visit later this year.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Really mission? I thought you were more of a happy go lucky, chill out, not a care in the world, go with the flow kinda gal. You must have mightily pissed off that you left just 2 days early, did you not hire a car and see the Island?

Ah well, onward and upward, what's next in store on #missionstravels?
Na no car hire and just as well because the traffic is truly horrendous - Dubai is noting in comparison. i think the other issue was that i went with a bunch of women who were obsessed with constantly taking selfies...like seriously OBSESSED - it's totally put me off travelling with women again. My travelling companions are usually guys - friends - way better to travel with

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I'm both sorry to hear that and not surprised.

Bali is not my favourite place but Kuta and Seminyak are pretty bad. It's better up in the hills around Ubud (which does have good food). The quieter beaches on the east coast along Amed are decent.

Bali is one of those places where you have to be very careful in organising your trip around specific sights and activities and it can be decent. Otherwise it's very much a case of 'I can't say i was at all impressed with Bali' for most people.
Seminya wasn't too bad, but clearly wee were there for far to long...2-3 days max would have been more than enough. We did head to some resort along the coast (i can't remember the location but the resort was called Sundays Beach something or other), now that wasn't too bad...amazing view from the infinity pool of the resort.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Shame to hear you left early and didn't enjoy it.

Kind of nail in the coffin for Bali from my perspective, was talking to a mate and he said it was dull too.
I think some of the islands are probably worth going to

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Am sorry the holiday romance didn’t work out.
holiday romance? have you actually seen the 'men' there

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I'm pretty sure I said Bali was a bit take it or leave it earlier in this thread..... I've done 2 visits. Once with mates travelling round (we hired a car) and a second for a destination wedding in Uluwatu. Both times we got out of Kuta quick smart, limited time in Seminyak to only 2 nights and then headed over to the Gillys.

The Gilly islands 'were' excellent but they've probably been spoilt now too.

For me its just like an expensive Thailand..... where the folk are generally not as nice. At least you know where you are with Thailand.

For SEA I would recommend Cambodia. Going back for my 3rd visit later this year.
yep JAM you did indeed say Bali was fairly naff - and now having been i concur
Old Apr 10th 2018, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Originally Posted by mission
obsessed with constantly taking selfies...like seriously OBSESSED

This is one thing in life which I hate with a passion. I call it a curse of modern technology.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 9:56 pm
`

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
This is one thing in life which I hate with a passion. .
Yup. One of the few things in life I loathe with a passion.

You should've come to Bali with me and him Mission.
We like to do stuff as well as chill.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 4:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what it is about Bali but I have never had any desire to go there. Same as Benidorm, no desire to go there either.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 4:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
This is one thing in life which I hate with a passion. I call it a curse of modern technology.
Totally with you on this. I have a friend who insists we have a selfie taken everytime we get together. I love her dearly but this drives me mad. I hate selfies. I put them up there with people who take photos of everything they are eating.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Selfies are worse than a properly taken group photo. What happened to people asking passers by to take a snap..?
Old Apr 11th 2018, 6:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
Selfies are worse than a properly taken group photo. What happened to people asking passers by to take a snap..?
Nothing. We do it all the time.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 8:45 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
They nick your phone these days.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 11:00 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
... I put them up there with people who take photos of everything they are eating.
This was nice:

Bali-burger.jpg
Old Apr 11th 2018, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
This was nice:

Attachment 129799
The only time I ever took a snap of something I was eating was to show a bug baked inside a roll on a Singapore Airways flight, which I emailed to the airline but never got an acknowledgement (was hoping they'd give me a free flight )

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Apr 11th 2018 at 11:11 am.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 11:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
This was nice:

Attachment 129799
That does look tasty to be fair. I'm a sucker for an onion ring .

The only time I've taken a photo of what I'm eating is when I had ordered a rum baba. I expected a circular shaped pud but it was rather more phallic in shape . It didn't stop me from eating it
Old Apr 11th 2018, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t see the big deal. We made a video of me eating once.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 10:53 pm
`

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I don't know what it is about Bali but I have never had any desire to go there. .
I think Mission was unfortunate . Not all Bali is like Seminyak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.