Bali

Old Apr 1st 2018, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Bali

Originally Posted by Kooky.
Hey Scamp, yes it's my cat that is terminally ill. He has cancer in 3 sites (that we know of) and we decided not to operate because he's nearly 16, and we decided not to do chemo because he was hand-reared and very sensitive, we're sure he would not tolerate it well, and we decided not to do chemo tablets because we'd have to isolate him and we don't think that's any life at all for such a loving and sociable cat.

So we brought him home to spend what's left of his life with his sister (litter mate) and little brother (taken off the street 4 years later and the love of his life). He's eating, he seems happy, he's on anti-seizure meds - his legs were going from under him, which is when we did the tests and got the cancer diagnosed. We installed motion-sensitive cameras so we can watch him when we're out and so far we've had six months post-diagnosis. We love him, his siblings love him, and he eats all the bread and chips he damn well wants (which is a lot, he's a carb fiend). When he deteriorates, I can assure you we won't let him suffer. But thanks for your concern.
If I'm honest, I was just curious / being nosy.

I like it when people know their pets this well, it's a pleasant thing to hear that people understand them in such detail. I've never really had pets (apart from a budgie who was wicked) but appreciate the important part they are to families.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 11:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Scamp
She won't have gone. She'll have got the wrong passport, missed the flight and rebooked to visit Tanzania with flights via Istanbul and Krakow.
This did cross my mind a little teeny weeny bit.
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 12:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Mission had her flight and accommodation booked, why are people thinking she didn't go
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 6:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Mission had her flight and accommodation booked, why are people thinking she didn't go
Coz tiz Mission
Old Apr 7th 2018, 11:51 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Coz tiz Mission
🤣👍
Old Apr 9th 2018, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Hello peeps...of course i went.....and to be frank it was shyte
I think we made the mistake of just staying in one place too long ie Seminyak.
The weather was so damn humid....we didn't get any rain until the very last day.
I had originally booked for 7 days and then changed my flight and came back 2 days earlier (cost me a small fortunate but i was all for coffing up, rather than staying any longer)
The traffic was bl00dy horrendous. The food was meh.
I can't say i was at all impressed with Bali....but people keep saying that some of the islands are nice. Not sure i would venture there again.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
The weather was so damn humid....we didn't get any rain until the very last day.
I had originally booked for 7 days and then changed my flight and came back 2 days earlier (cost me a small fortunate but i was all for coffing up, rather than staying any longer)
I can't say i was at all impressed with Bali....but people keep saying that some of the islands are nice. Not sure i would venture there again.
I'm both sorry to hear that and not surprised.

Bali is not my favourite place but Kuta and Seminyak are pretty bad. It's better up in the hills around Ubud (which does have good food). The quieter beaches on the east coast along Amed are decent.

Bali is one of those places where you have to be very careful in organising your trip around specific sights and activities and it can be decent. Otherwise it's very much a case of 'I can't say i was at all impressed with Bali' for most people.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Really mission? I thought you were more of a happy go lucky, chill out, not a care in the world, go with the flow kinda gal. You must have mightily pissed off that you left just 2 days early, did you not hire a car and see the Island?

Ah well, onward and upward, what's next in store on #missionstravels?
Old Apr 9th 2018, 10:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Shame to hear you left early and didn't enjoy it.

Kind of nail in the coffin for Bali from my perspective, was talking to a mate and he said it was dull too.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Am sorry the holiday romance didn’t work out.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Shame to hear you left early and didn't enjoy it.

Kind of nail in the coffin for Bali from my perspective, was talking to a mate and he said it was dull too.
Tropical paradises are more dull than not. Other than swimming and relaxing on the beach what else is there to do?

Bali is a victim of itself and proximity to the white trash of Australia. Traffic is insane, narrow roads choked with cars. Then it's very built up in the south portions of the island. It's also choked with rubbish everywhere. And there are too many white kids with dreadlocks and bad tattoos following the SE banana pancake trail in a perpetually stoned haze.

The one saving grace is that the water is especially lovely.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 11:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Tropical paradises are more dull than not. Other than swimming and relaxing on the beach what else is there to do?

Bali is a victim of itself and proximity to the white trash of Australia. Traffic is insane, narrow roads choked with cars. Then it's very built up in the south portions of the island. It's also choked with rubbish everywhere. And there are too many white kids with dreadlocks and bad tattoos following the SE banana pancake trail in a perpetually stoned haze.

The one saving grace is that the water is especially lovely.
Exactly. Sounds like another Thailand.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Exactly. Sounds like another Thailand.
I especially despise white kids with matted hair and bad tattoos who think they can save the world in their bagged trousers and keffiyeh headdress worn as a scarf. They think they're being offbeat individuals raging against the consumerist machine yet look, talk and behave exactly like every other one.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I especially despise white kids with matted hair and bad tattoos who think they can save the world in their bagged trousers and keffiyeh headdress worn as a scarf. They think they're being offbeat individuals raging against the consumerist machine yet look, talk and behave exactly like every other one.
Oh don't. Those baggy shit trousers with elephants all over them, a shitty vest and a shit load of bracelets....all purchased with cash provided by the parents. They're walking, talking adverts to not have children.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 1:44 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Oh don't. Those baggy shit trousers with elephants all over them, a shitty vest and a shit load of bracelets....all purchased with cash provided by the parents. They're walking, talking adverts to not have children.
My daughter did the four weeks in Thailand 541t before Uni and we met her in Bangkok at the start of our holiday. She is normally very well turned out and turned up to meet us with braided hair. It took her months to sort her hair out and 10s of hours in the last few years searching photos and Facebook to ensure there’s never a permanent record of her braided hair lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.