Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice
Default Re: Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

Originally Posted by commander

Don't get too fussed over what you eat, just train sensibly. Intervals, slow runs, go on the bike in the gym and do intervals...get the heart working.
By intervals I am guessing you are referring to High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), for example a 30 second sprint on the treadmill followed by 30 second jog or fast walk within 20 mins. I find this puts my heart rate though the roof and burns fat very fast. Also no muscle loss either when you are weight training.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

BMI certainly doesn't work if you are very tall - I admit I could do with losing a few pounds but those who know me (and who are good-enough friends to tell me the truth) would never call me obese.

But I'm not the one to look at - Shaquille O'Neal was 'obese' at the height of his career, apparently............
Old Apr 4th 2012, 5:08 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Preparation Week: Day 2
Legs and Abs workout at 6am, on an empty stomach
Meals / Snacks
05:45 Lemon squeezed into big glass of water
07:00 Shake (straight after workout): whey protein / oats / strawberries / apple vinegar
09:00 Small handful of nuts
11:00 Small tin of sardines in tomato sauce
13:30 3-egg omelette, tomatoes
16:30 Small handful of nuts, glass of skimmed milk
19:30 Sushi (very little rice)
22:00 Glass of skimmed milk
 Glass of water every hour-ish
 1 cup of coffee

What I Did Well Today
 Got up early, good acclimatisation workout
 Clean food
 Plenty of water
 No booze

What I Should Do / Do Better Tomorrow
 CV workout (5 mins warm up + 20 mins HIIT on the Concept2)
 Have some boiled eggs handy as snacks
 Low intensity exercise in the evening (walk or swim)
Old Apr 4th 2012, 5:19 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

yea, eat immediately after CV. always.
I'm going for fat loss, not maintenance/improvement of athletic performance (although that should improve as a side effect of resistance training, CV and good eating). Rationale behind waiting an hour or so to eat after CV is that that is the optimum time for fat burning--replenishment of glycogen via food synthesis decreases the body's metabolism of its fat stores. (I always eat immediately after--and usually immediately before--resistance training to avoid muscle catabolism.) What's the rationale behind eating immediately after CV given that I want to shift as much fat as possible? (I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to understand why.)
Old Apr 4th 2012, 6:49 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

nope..i underwent full aerobic testing the other week and according to the results of my BMI I am borderline obese...
Borderline obese means BMI of close to 30 right? So if I was to take someone 6 foot tall they would need to be 220 pounds to be borderline 30 (1.83cm 100kg). This to me would certainly be borderline obese.

Taking the example of Jonny Wilkinson from before, he is 178cm and 89kg so has a BMI of 28 (overweight).
From my own measurements I am just over 6 foot 2 and weigh less than 200 pounds (189cm and 90kg) which makes my BMI 25.2 but I know myself I could lose 3 or 4kgs which would probably make me exactly right.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 6:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Borderline obese means BMI of close to 30 right? So if I was to take someone 6 foot tall they would need to be 220 pounds to be borderline 30 (1.83cm 100kg). This to me would certainly be borderline obese.

Taking the example of Jonny Wilkinson from before, he is 178cm and 89kg so has a BMI of 28 (overweight).
From my own measurements I am just over 6 foot 2 and weigh less than 200 pounds (189cm and 90kg) which makes my BMI 25.2 but I know myself I could lose 3 or 4kgs which would probably make me exactly right.
I'm 6'2 and 108kg.

I'm a big boy but I'm not what I'd class as obese.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 6:59 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
BMI certainly doesn't work if you are very tall - I admit I could do with losing a few pounds but those who know me (and who are good-enough friends to tell me the truth) would never call me obese.

But I'm not the one to look at - Shaquille O'Neal was 'obese' at the height of his career, apparently............

It would be hard to call him obese but he certainly was no lightweight
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

How on earth do you put weight on without the Big Mac option. I'm 5'10" and haven't shifted from within a Kg of 64 Kg in 10 years!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:22 am
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm 6'2 and 108kg.

I'm a big boy but I'm not what I'd class as obese.
What weight would you consider yourself to be obese at? Just out of curiosity.

I know the term obese makes people think of roly-poly Americans and the like but the objective reality seems to be that obesity is judged to be happening at a much lower point than this.
The visual idea of obesity has changed a lot, because generally more people are fatter we are taking this as the visual average and applying it to ourselves
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
How on earth do you put weight on without the Big Mac option. I'm 5'10" and haven't shifted from within a Kg of 64 Kg in 10 years!
Wait until you get a bit older...
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:41 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Meow
Wait until you get a bit older...
Genetics have a role to play. Well, that and beer...
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I know the term obese makes people think of roly-poly Americans and the like but the objective reality seems to be that obesity is judged to be happening at a much lower point than this.
The visual idea of obesity has changed a lot, because generally more people are fatter we are taking this as the visual average and applying it to ourselves
I don't know being honest. 108kg is 17stone. I'd like to be maybe 15.5 or 16stone I think but am not worried about being 17stone.

If I hit 20 stone I'd be panicking and I'd consider that truly obese.

But, when I look at myself today I have a big gut. My legs, shoulders, arms etc are all pretty well in proportion and aren't fat. It's just my love tyre that adds the lbs.

I don't know the technical medical definition of obesity, if it classes me as obese without using the BMI I'd be shocked and feel pretty shit to be honest. If it uses the BMI I'd choose to ignore it because I don't see it as universally applicable and therefore universally relevant...
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:59 am
Account Closed

I am obese apparently;

188cm
108kg

= 30.6 on the BMI.

To be the maximum value of "normal weight" (24.9) I would need to weight 88kg / 13.85 stone.

If I weighed less than 14 stone I think I'd look an idiot.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 8:11 am
Hit 16's

I don't know the technical medical definition of obesity...
I think its when you're fatter than your doctor.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I am obese apparently;

188cm
108kg

= 30.6 on the BMI.

To be the maximum value of "normal weight" (24.9) I would need to weight 88kg / 13.85 stone.

If I weighed less than 14 stone I think I'd look an idiot.
No you wouldn't you'd look thin .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.