Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:09 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

To all my faithful followers out there, I'm so sorry to have disappointed you both with the lack of blogs in the last couple of weeks. Life's sort of taken over...

Still doing what I need to do, just not being so anal about recording it. All shirts now comfortable, and getting close to 2 trouser sizes down. Will ramp up in the next couple of weeks before Shanghai.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 2:03 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
To all my faithful followers out there, I'm so sorry to have disappointed you both with the lack of blogs in the last couple of weeks. Life's sort of taken over...

Still doing what I need to do, just not being so anal about recording it. All shirts now comfortable, and getting close to 2 trouser sizes down. Will ramp up in the next couple of weeks before Shanghai.
Go on then give us the final updates on this? And an estimate of when you go on holidays how long before you pack it back on
Old Jul 8th 2012, 10:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, just back from Shanghai. Targets were, in 12 weeks:

Trousers: go from bulging over the top of 38" to being comfortably in 34". Didn't quite achieve that, but down to a firm 36". So that's about a size and a half.

Shirts: go from not even being able to button up (round the waist) 120cm shirts, to fitting in them comfortably. Achieved.

Exercise & eat correctly consistently for 12 weeks. I fell off a bit towards the end.

Next programme starts now: will be in Dublin in 17 weeks, which is my target date. I don't think I can consistently follow for 17 weeks the relatively harsh regime I tasked myself with before. I guess I have two options:

1 Split the next 17 weeks into two equal parts of 8 weeks with a 1 week rest in the middle, and go for the same harsh regime as before.
2 Try a less harsh regime for the entire 17 weeks.

Option 1 seems, on first view, most suited to how I do things. This time targets will be: A) Stick more consistently to what I plan, and B) Expect to be comfortably in 34" trousers, and let the rest take care of itself (I'll probably be upping the weights and protein intake with the expectation of visible muscle growth).

Yours, Narcissus.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 11:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Trousers: go from bulging over the top of 38" to being comfortably in 34". Didn't quite achieve that, but down to a firm 36". So that's about a size and a half.

Shirts: go from not even being able to button up (round the waist) 120cm shirts, to fitting in them comfortably. Achieved.

Exercise & eat correctly consistently for 12 weeks. I fell off a bit towards the end.

Next programme starts now: will be in Dublin in 17 weeks, which is my target date. I don't think I can consistently follow for 17 weeks the relatively harsh regime I tasked myself with before. I guess I have two options:

1 Split the next 17 weeks into two equal parts of 8 weeks with a 1 week rest in the middle, and go for the same harsh regime as before.

Option 1 seems, on first view, most suited to how I do things. This time targets will be: A) Stick more consistently to what I plan, and B) Expect to be comfortably in 34" trousers, and let the rest take care of itself (I'll probably be upping the weights and protein intake with the expectation of visible muscle growth).

Yours, Narcissus.
I think a harsh few weeks to get back into routine, then a more comfortable, less stringent plan of maintenance with gradual improvement? BUT treating it as seriously....

Would that work? (Only you know best)
Old Jul 8th 2012, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Yours, Narcissus.
like most, been following the blog for a while now..

imho...i think the time is right to the move toward the lifestyle change way of thinking...which steers towards option 2.

consistency is the key word here.

your body will respond positively to regular lighter meals and excercise - you can still bang out some hefty weights every other day if you want but a routine of regular, consistent food intake and cardio excercise will see you maintain what you have achieved so far longer term.

review your goals and adapt your plan accordingly - the "no pain no gain" rule is true to a point - you have to decide when you have reached that point.

Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:34 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goonerseba
like most, been following the blog for a while now..

imho...i think the time is right to the move toward the lifestyle change way of thinking...which steers towards option 2.

consistency is the key word here.

your body will respond positively to regular lighter meals and excercise - you can still bang out some hefty weights every other day if you want but a routine of regular, consistent food intake and cardio excercise will see you maintain what you have achieved so far longer term.

review your goals and adapt your plan accordingly - the "no pain no gain" rule is true to a point - you have to decide when you have reached that point.

Wise words. It shouldn't be a regime now. You have shocked your body, now maintain it. You don't need to train every day, you should have that post work pint every now and then. Incorporate exercise and diet into your long term (years) life plan. And review and adapt as your life changes...

Mine has changed dramatically since Sunday. I completed the event I had been training for, so now I am resting, so I have had to re-assess my diet and exercise routine. If I continued to eat what I was before, then I would certainly put on around 10K in a few months..

As soon as I get back into a program for my next race. Or just the UAE racing season come October....then ill re-assess again...

Make it work around your life...not rule your life