Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Bahrain - where to stay?

Bahrain - where to stay?

Old Nov 26th 2012, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Round-Bum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bahrain - where to stay?

If I'd clicked earlier that my visa run would coincide with the rugby 7s, I'd be off to Dubai, however it's too late to book the extra time off, so a trip across the causeway is on the cards on Thursday.

I thought I may over-night it and have a few bevvies, so am looking for recommendations for a decent (but not "hellish expensive" decent!) hotel with a nice bar and maybe other bars nearby.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Round-Bum; Nov 26th 2012 at 3:44 pm. Reason: Utterly bonk spelling.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain - where to stay?

hotel diva in jaffair,
nice bar (kicks and the food is ok as well.
Not too many of the chinese talkaways in there

Harvesters in the crowne plaza
warberlers,
the bar down stairs in the regency ( cannot remember the name sorry.)

Thats a start for you enjoy.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coffindodger
hotel diva in jaffair,
nice bar (kicks and the food is ok as well.
Not too many of the chinese talkaways in there

Harvesters in the crowne plaza
warberlers,
the bar down stairs in the regency ( cannot remember the name sorry.)

Thats a start for you enjoy.
Thanks for that Mr Dodger . Hotel Diva looks fine, and I can have a wonder around the place in search of other throat moistening locations
Old Nov 27th 2012, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Hotel Diva is nice , plenty of other watering holes close by as well.
The Pars Hotel just at the back of it has a special chinese bar !! At the rear of hotel diva there is a nice bar as well.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Delmon Hotel - full of fun and frolicks especially Diggers !
Old Nov 27th 2012, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Delmon Hotel - full of fun and frolicks especially Diggers !
Naughty... that's just plain naughty sending him there!!!!!
Old Nov 27th 2012, 10:36 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by camel jockey
Naughty... that's just plain naughty sending him there!!!!!
Ah, but he missed a trick. Its actually the Delmon International Hotel, makes it sound so much better...
Old Nov 27th 2012, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

So a chinese special take with or without rice, or the Peking duck.
Think thats a number 69 on the special bar menu.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Err... thanks? I'm getting the feeling the Delmon International is one to avoid! (where is it, btw?). <cough>

So, Diva (which actually sounds worse) is still favourite...
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Marriott executive suites is also in Juffair or the old faithful Gulf Hotel is good too... Avoid the Delmon. Hooker city and nasty ones at that is located down the Souk area (bab al Bahrain) and suddenly I feel dirty just telling you that....
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by camel jockey
Marriott executive suites is also in Juffair or the old faithful Gulf Hotel is good too... Avoid the Delmon. Hooker city and nasty ones at that is located down the Souk area (bab al Bahrain) and suddenly I feel dirty just telling you that....
Not half as dirty as I'm going to feel now you've told me where it is

Thanks for the other recommendations, I'll give them a look see
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Holiday Inn Express, cheap and clean. Best bit it's next door to the Warbler and hundreds of other Cess Pits
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hotel Diva is good clean and no problems.

Its the hotel next to that is your problem The Pars !!
Cheap n cheerfull with the good ole USA Military shouting and falling over at silly o clock in the am .
Old Nov 27th 2012, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

See how the other half live, visit the Tylos. THAT will open your eyes !
Old Nov 28th 2012, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

(TripAdvisor) The'no-name' hotels like the Tylos cater to and attract the 'alcohol and hooker' tourists from the neighbouring region and can get a little noisy on weekends.
Originally Posted by scot47
See how the other half live, visit the Tylos. THAT will open your eyes !
You make it sound like that's a bad thing

Still looking like the Diva for this trip, all I want is a decent bed, a few beers and a hair cut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.