Bad smell

Old Nov 3rd 2016, 5:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Bad smell

Can't get them to do the same fix?
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping the fix this time leads me to moving to a new apartment.

It's a different configuration though - with less storage space and I've filled this place up.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I must say today I'm impressed with the people they have sent.

The guys arrived bang on time today, called to say they were coming etc.

Came with as-built plans for the building and found a 1.8mx50cm hole in my boundary wall above the ceiling with the core of the building (where the bins vent). They have boarded up the hole, and then built another partition in the upper ceiling to box in the area and some pipes.

In addition, they are rerouting the bin shoot so that it loads the main bins horizontally (rather than vertically as the air gets displaced differently) and putting in trap doors in the shoot.

Already the smell seems to have gone, and they haven't finished the second partition, or the shoot rerouting yet.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 8:24 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Well, I must say today I'm impressed with the people they have sent.

The guys arrived bang on time today, called to say they were coming etc.

Came with as-built plans for the building and found a 1.8mx50cm hole in my boundary wall above the ceiling with the core of the building (where the bins vent). They have boarded up the hole, and then built another partition in the upper ceiling to box in the area and some pipes.

In addition, they are rerouting the bin shoot so that it loads the main bins horizontally (rather than vertically as the air gets displaced differently) and putting in trap doors in the shoot.

Already the smell seems to have gone, and they haven't finished the second partition, or the shoot rerouting yet.
Have you moved to another country? Service like this just does not exist in Dubai
Old Nov 19th 2016, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Seems I've been too optimistic and will be moving apartments in the next week or so.

To give them credit. They tried their best and did a great job. There is another air leak and it requires all celings being removed so the landlord will move me to another unit.

Royal pain in the arse but the lesson learnt is that you rent from someone who owns the whole block.