A Bad News Day

Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:13 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Bad News Day

Originally Posted by Sparkly
Don't know that I fancy a day on the beach with this!!!
I was down there once when there had been an oil spill and you had to be careful if you went on the beach and swimming in the sea was a no no but the hotel did have wipes to clean the oil off you!!! It'll be ok as long as you stick to the pool
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know anythin about a book sale
sorry Sparkly! wasn't paying attention I thought you were spugsy! Ring the hotel about the beach
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:17 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fairydust
I was down there once when there had been an oil spill and you had to be careful if you went on the beach and swimming in the sea was a no no but the hotel did have wipes to clean the oil off you!!! It'll be ok as long as you stick to the pool
I fear its much worse this time...the smell of oil even reached the hotel lobby it seems.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Sparkly will become famous soon enough

No probs Blue Cat. Have had a look now, hope it goes well for you!!

FD,

Was really wantin the beach for DD. Not at all sure about it now but will give the hotel a ring. What a shame
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

No probs Blue Cat. Have had a look now, hope it goes well for you!!

FD,

Was really wantin the beach for DD. Not at all sure about it now but will give the hotel a ring. What a shame
mmmm, why not postpone or go somewhere else just in case?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:27 am
Just Joined

DH is gonna give the hotel a call but at this late stage we will prob have to pay cxl. No way I wanna go if I can't get on the beach and if you can smell iol from the hotel lobby..........yuk!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

The beach at the Rotana in Fujairah is closed at the moment.

This oil slick is a real pain. Has affected Dibba Rock which is one of my favourite dive sites. Was planning to start again in a couple of weeks.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:30 am
Account Closed

DH is gonna give the hotel a call but at this late stage we will prob have to pay cxl. No way I wanna go if I can't get on the beach and if you can smell iol from the hotel lobby..........yuk!
But don't expect the hotel to try and deter you...they will need the business. Have a look at the picture on gulfnews website and decide for yourself. Maybe other beaches nearby will be okay. Personally, the constant fleet of oil tankers visible just off-shore always puts me off the east coast anyway, but that's just me.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:32 am
Just Joined

DH has just spoken to the hotel and they say the beach has been closed for a couple of days but has reopened today and the water is crystal clear????????????

Not got a good feeling about this
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:39 am
Just Joined

No you are right Lionheart they will not want us to cancel. Can't find any pictures?? You got a link I can try??
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:44 am
Account Closed

No you are right Lionheart they will not want us to cancel. Can't find any pictures?? You got a link I can try??
Its on the front page of gulfnews.com
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.7days.ae/en/2008/02/21/cl...oil-slick.html
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the link. This looks just awful and seems it was delibarate!!!!!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link. This looks just awful and seems it was delibarate!!!!!
thats absolutely disgusting, they should be fined millions and closed down.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Spugsy
thats absolutely disgusting, they should be fined millions and closed down.
Happens a lot in shipping. little chance of getting caught unless the coastguard have planes up spotting.
Fujairah is one of the main bunkering calls in the world so they really should have spotter planes up all the time but I doubt it.