Bad Day

Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Bad Day

We all have bad days, from time to time...today is a particular stinker.

I'm about ready to tear someone's head off. Work is desperately slow because of holidays / ramadan, but full expectations remain in place (which makes no sense to me). I'm surrounded by half-wits in my office (we all know what I do, so you can only imagine the kinds of people that make up a percentage of the office), I have been in Dubai for 4 months and 1 day and we still don't have a trade license which means I still don't have a visa. No one will tell me what's going on either. Every week I have to re-explain why I'm still living for free in the company apartment "I haven't got a visa, you spastic, I can't rent a place. Please, do not ask this question again until I have a visa, now...FO". It's shit and hot and the girls in the office insist on opening the ****ing window, rendering all air con useless and me boiling hot. It's find for them wearing dresses and not a lot else, I'm wearing a pure wool suit, shirt and tie - I can't take shit off. Oh, and then there are the bastards who just want to talk at you about shite non stop all day, about nothing relevant, useful or interesting.

Think I might put a request in to move my desk to face a wall, come in in shorts and go to the visa place and give them all the info they need to close the office until the trade license is sorted...

- A very miserable, pissed off and fed up Scamp.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad Day

Otherwise OK So technically you are an illegal...... Why haven't they started your visa yet? Even if you are on probation you should still have a visa. Without a visa I am sure you have had problems opening a bank account so how do they pay you?

Last edited by soukie; Aug 8th 2011 at 9:30 am.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by soukie
Otherwise OK So technically you are an illegal...... Why haven't they started your visa yet? Even if you are on probation you should still have a visa.
We haven't got a Trade License, haven't since the 31st March, I started on 7th April. Long story short, two businesses became one and the name changed along with most of the management. I keep getting told we'll have it soon, but don't believe anyone.

Until we have that, they can't process a visa for me or anyone else...i am just unlucky in the respect that I've been here longer than anyone else without a visa.

My probation was 3 months, I've passed that stuff and had it signed off.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor scamp- let it all out!

In regards to people talking inane rubbish to you I have a few solutions;

Listen to your ipod (this is my easy solution but noone ever calls me and I dont call anyone so dont have to worry about hearing the phone ring)

Tell the person who is irritating you that your watchig their lips move but all your hear is blah

Tell them you need some me time and turn away

As for the girls in the office opening windows- what sort of mad are they? Wait til they go home tonight then nail the windows shut or perhaps explain to them the situation- or go shopping and but a new suit or two?

And above all- sit back- count to 10/100 and think of the money- and isnt your gf moving out soon? Thats something to look forwards to. If all else fails tell them you have an external meeting and go home and hopefully wake up in a better mood tomorrow

Chin up love
xxx
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Having just lost over Dhs175,000 on the latest FTSE stock market collapse, my day is hardly much better. Now looking for buying opportunities...once a bottom picker, always a bottom picker.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

mentalist how about investing in an exciting lingerie company?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:41 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Having just lost over Dhs175,000 on the latest FTSE stock market collapse, my day is hardly much better. Now looking for buying opportunities...once a bottom picker, always a bottom picker.
Were you in 3rd Avenue last night?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
We all have bad days, from time to time...today is a particular stinker.

I'm about ready to tear someone's head off. Work is desperately slow because of holidays / ramadan, but full expectations remain in place (which makes no sense to me). I'm surrounded by half-wits in my office (we all know what I do, so you can only imagine the kinds of people that make up a percentage of the office), I have been in Dubai for 4 months and 1 day and we still don't have a trade license which means I still don't have a visa. No one will tell me what's going on either. Every week I have to re-explain why I'm still living for free in the company apartment "I haven't got a visa, you spastic, I can't rent a place. Please, do not ask this question again until I have a visa, now...FO". It's shit and hot and the girls in the office insist on opening the ****ing window, rendering all air con useless and me boiling hot. It's find for them wearing dresses and not a lot else, I'm wearing a pure wool suit, shirt and tie - I can't take shit off. Oh, and then there are the bastards who just want to talk at you about shite non stop all day, about nothing relevant, useful or interesting.

Think I might put a request in to move my desk to face a wall, come in in shorts and go to the visa place and give them all the info they need to close the office until the trade license is sorted...

- A very miserable, pissed off and fed up Scamp.
So, a normal day in a ME office then?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

why do you need to wear a suit ?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Poor scamp- let it all out!

In regards to people talking inane rubbish to you I have a few solutions;

Listen to your ipod (this is my easy solution but noone ever calls me and I dont call anyone so dont have to worry about hearing the phone ring)

Tell the person who is irritating you that your watchig their lips move but all your hear is blah

Tell them you need some me time and turn away

As for the girls in the office opening windows- what sort of mad are they? Wait til they go home tonight then nail the windows shut or perhaps explain to them the situation- or go shopping and but a new suit or two?

And above all- sit back- count to 10/100 and think of the money- and isnt your gf moving out soon? Thats something to look forwards to. If all else fails tell them you have an external meeting and go home and hopefully wake up in a better mood tomorrow

Chin up love
xxx
Some stellar suggestions there.

I like the one about saying I'm busy and then turning away. I like that alot.

Now, to add to your humour, the work I had done on my trousers to get them taken in round the arse and crotch (they were a bit big) has just ceased to hold, i have a tear up my arse.

**** MY LIFE.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sandboy
why do you need to wear a suit ?
Jacket is kind of up to you, but I like to feel smart which is why i wear a tie every day too.

However, having a suit jacket will now save my bacon given the recent discovery of a tear.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hope its not a no knickers monday day!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I hope its not a no knickers monday day!
No, never let the boys hang free.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a local company darling, if not I would be very cautious working without a trade license, it can all go wrong very quickly.
Keep your chin up and as already been suggested nail the windows closed and go buy a nice linen/cotton mix suit.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Are you a local company darling, if not I would be very cautious working without a trade license, it can all go wrong very quickly.
Keep your chin up and as already been suggested nail the windows closed and go buy a nice linen/cotton mix suit.
No, not local. It's a farce. Just had an email expecting it to be with us this week though....heard it before but never over email where I can hold it and moan!!

Fingers crossed.

Linen / Cotton - good enough for business attire or too casual?

Want to go and get some tailor made in Satwa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.