Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?

Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?

Old Aug 3rd 2013, 8:02 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?

Is this true and if yes then wow!
I myself would try ANYTHING!
Kudos to the parents!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...na-father.html
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?

Its got nothing to do with marijuana - perhaps the chemo did what it said on the tin

Why do people believe that marijuana has magical properties ?
Old Aug 4th 2013, 4:20 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent

Have 3 guesses why.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:09 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
http://i.imgur.com/qbB7RdF.jpg

Have 3 guesses why.
They listen to the music of a mixed race man with a white father who hated his white side so much he spent his career telling everyone he was black and writing songs against 'the man'?

I think it's because people like the idea that something that makes you feel good may actually be good for you.

N.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:30 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

The above are all valid but there is some serious research and some promising early results in canabinoids. There are some indications that there may be some efficacy in treating cancerous cells. Lots if mays at this stage though.
As an adjunct to chemo though that is already well proven in its efficacy and there is no medical reason not to use it only residual fear from the 50's and 60's fear campaigns.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Its got nothing to do with marijuana
How do you know that?? THC in marijuana has for centuries been used to treat a variety of ailments in a similar way to hundreds of other natural products.

I'm not saying it's magical, however, why are you so adamant that it doesn't have any healing properties?

At the end of the day, you probably believe that Aloe Vera has beneficial healing properties so why can't marijuana?

No one is saying it's a wonder plant but there are many documented cases where people have tried all the different commercial drugs with no relief only to try marijuana and found it to work. I'm not saying that everyone should head out and 'spark a fatty' but THC can be ingested in several different forms with little or no side effects. So if it helps then wheres the problem?

The only reason marijuana was made illegal is due to lobbying by the paper and cotton industries back in the day, as hemp had the potential to be such a versatile product and these industries were set to lose out on a lot of cash.

Even as a recreational drug marijuana is far less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes and far less addictive than coffee.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:46 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

I think it's because people like the idea that something that makes you feel good may actually be good for you.

N.
well there a lot of things out there that make you feel very very good and are good for you

case in point : your signature

Originally Posted by jam25mack
How do you know that?? THC in marijuana has for centuries been used to treat a variety of ailments in a similar way to hundreds of other natural products.

I'm not saying it's magical, however, why are you so adamant that it doesn't have any healing properties?

At the end of the day, you probably believe that Aloe Vera has beneficial healing properties so why can't marijuana?

No one is saying it's a wonder plant but there are many documented cases where people have tried all the different commercial drugs with no relief only to try marijuana and found it to work. I'm not saying that everyone should head out and 'spark a fatty' but THC can be ingested in several different forms with little or no side effects. So if it helps then wheres the problem?

The only reason marijuana was made illegal is due to lobbying by the paper and cotton industries back in the day, as hemp had the potential to be such a versatile product and these industries were set to lose out on a lot of cash.

Even as a recreational drug marijuana is far less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes and far less addictive than coffee.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

jam25mack - read what i wrote again

My retort was that the baby wasnt "cured" of cancer by injecting marijuana. The marijuana helped with the pain relief and as a stimulant for pain relief it is one of the best (and natural cures).

There were a couple of tests done (one by Harvard) on the effacy of using pot as a cancer cure but it only got as far as rats/mice (from memory).

Do you doubt that the chemo wasnt an active measure ?

Personally i would legalise pot, purely for the tax to go to the government and standardisation of the quality, rather than criminals.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:09 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
well there a lot of things out there that make you feel very very good and are good for you

case in point : your signature

No argument there. Weed has been used in medicine for millennia - not sure if smoking it is so good for the body though). It's interesting to see how in the Victorian era (an age of widespread innovation and social change) most drugs were readily available. Today we are told we are safer and have more freedom but are not allowed to decide for ourselves what we can put in our own bodies.

The libertarian in me says that any adult should be allowed to buy and consume any drug he or she can afford if so inclined. Provided no harm comes to others (in the same way we stomp on drunk drivers and violent drunks, sack people who come to work plastered and take a dim view of people who smoke around non-smokers without permission etc) who cares what people do?

I think there's a lot of potential tax revenue being lost with drugs for sure. Governments love to intrude on citizen's lives given half a chance. Reminds of the Judge Dredd comics where sugar and coffee are class A drugs because they aren't good for you and smoking is only allowed in one building in the entire city...sounds a bit like London in 20 years

N.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:11 am

My retort was that the baby wasnt "cured" of cancer by injecting marijuana. The marijuana helped with the pain relief and as a stimulant for pain relief it is one of the best (and natural cures).

There were a couple of tests done (one by Harvard) on the effacy of using pot as a cancer cure but it only got as far as rats/mice (from memory).

Personally i would legalise pot, purely for the tax to go to the government and standardisation of the quality, rather than criminals.
Agreed. That applies to most recreational drugs I think. The individual can decide if they want to use them, and will know they are not funding crime and terrorism by doing so.

N.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I did, and from what you wrote and how it came across I stand by my response, however, I now get what your trying to say.

I'm a bit mixed on legalisation of drugs to be honest. I agree that weed should be legal or at least decriminalised, however, I am not convinced when it comes to harder drugs such as crack and smack. You can give up weed in a heartbeat where as harder drugs take a lot more time and effort and severely change a persons personality with no added benefits. They can severely f**k you up!
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:29 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Agreed. That applies to most recreational drugs I think. The individual can decide if they want to use them, and will know they are not funding crime and terrorism by doing so.
Uhuh, and what about those that induce dependence and addiction. In my job we are zero tolerant to illegal drugs (and even some prescribed medicines) and there are random checks for drug taking. Long may that continue, I do not support your position.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikewot
Uhuh, and what about those that induce dependence and addiction. In my job we are zero tolerant to illegal drugs (and even some prescribed medicines) and there are random checks for drug taking. Long may that continue, I do not support your position.
OK, but I assume this is the same for say... alcohol which is legal.

I think Norms point is that just because it is legal doesn't mean that everyone will be in work stoned out of their tits, similar to where being hammered in work is generally frowned upon...... there should be some degree of self regulation.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:06 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

OK, but I assume this is the same for say... alcohol which is legal.
Yes of course.
I think Norms point is that just because it is legal doesn't mean that everyone will be in work stoned out of their tits, similar to where being hammered in work is generally frowned upon...... there should be some degree of self regulation.
And what about flashbacks etc? Alcohol works it's way out of your system, drugs ***** with your mind.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Legalisation and regulation of the manufacturing and supply of recreational drugs should happen.

Canabis has benefits for sufferers of certain diseases (MS for example) and needs further testing to find out what other benefits it could have. However the levels of THC in the current supply available in the UK are through the roof and I "believe" this is responsible for a number of mental health issues within young adults in the UK. Regulation of the supply could go a long way to stemming this problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.