British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Baby with cancer cured through marijuana? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/baby-cancer-cured-through-marijuana-804984/)

Irishbeekeeper Aug 3rd 2013 8:02 pm

Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 
Is this true and if yes then wow!
I myself would try ANYTHING!
Kudos to the parents!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...na-father.html

UKCityGent Aug 3rd 2013 9:48 pm

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 
Its got nothing to do with marijuana - perhaps the chemo did what it said on the tin

Why do people believe that marijuana has magical properties ?

weasel decentral Aug 4th 2013 4:20 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 

Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 10833821)
Why do people believe that marijuana has magical properties ?

http://i.imgur.com/qbB7RdF.jpg

Have 3 guesses why.

Norm_uk Aug 4th 2013 6:09 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10834089)
http://i.imgur.com/qbB7RdF.jpg

Have 3 guesses why.

They listen to the music of a mixed race man with a white father who hated his white side so much he spent his career telling everyone he was black and writing songs against 'the man'?

I think it's because people like the idea that something that makes you feel good may actually be good for you.

N.

shiva Aug 4th 2013 6:30 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 
The above are all valid but there is some serious research and some promising early results in canabinoids. There are some indications that there may be some efficacy in treating cancerous cells. Lots if mays at this stage though.
As an adjunct to chemo though that is already well proven in its efficacy and there is no medical reason not to use it only residual fear from the 50's and 60's fear campaigns.

jam25mack Aug 4th 2013 6:40 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 

Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 10833821)
Its got nothing to do with marijuana

How do you know that?? :confused: THC in marijuana has for centuries been used to treat a variety of ailments in a similar way to hundreds of other natural products.


Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 10833821)
Why do people believe that marijuana has magical properties ?

I'm not saying it's magical, however, why are you so adamant that it doesn't have any healing properties? :confused:

At the end of the day, you probably believe that Aloe Vera has beneficial healing properties so why can't marijuana? :confused:

No one is saying it's a wonder plant but there are many documented cases where people have tried all the different commercial drugs with no relief only to try marijuana and found it to work. I'm not saying that everyone should head out and 'spark a fatty' but THC can be ingested in several different forms with little or no side effects. So if it helps then wheres the problem?

The only reason marijuana was made illegal is due to lobbying by the paper and cotton industries back in the day, as hemp had the potential to be such a versatile product and these industries were set to lose out on a lot of cash.

Even as a recreational drug marijuana is far less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes and far less addictive than coffee.

Irishbeekeeper Aug 4th 2013 6:46 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 10834176)

I think it's because people like the idea that something that makes you feel good may actually be good for you.

N.

well there a lot of things out there that make you feel very very good and are good for you ;)

case in point : your signature :thumbsup:


Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10834198)
How do you know that?? :confused: THC in marijuana has for centuries been used to treat a variety of ailments in a similar way to hundreds of other natural products.



I'm not saying it's magical, however, why are you so adamant that it doesn't have any healing properties? :confused:

At the end of the day, you probably believe that Aloe Vera has beneficial healing properties so why can't marijuana? :confused:

No one is saying it's a wonder plant but there are many documented cases where people have tried all the different commercial drugs with no relief only to try marijuana and found it to work. I'm not saying that everyone should head out and 'spark a fatty' but THC can be ingested in several different forms with little or no side effects. So if it helps then wheres the problem?

The only reason marijuana was made illegal is due to lobbying by the paper and cotton industries back in the day, as hemp had the potential to be such a versatile product and these industries were set to lose out on a lot of cash.

Even as a recreational drug marijuana is far less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes and far less addictive than coffee.

x 1

UKCityGent Aug 4th 2013 8:04 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 
jam25mack - read what i wrote again

My retort was that the baby wasnt "cured" of cancer by injecting marijuana. The marijuana helped with the pain relief and as a stimulant for pain relief it is one of the best (and natural cures).

There were a couple of tests done (one by Harvard) on the effacy of using pot as a cancer cure but it only got as far as rats/mice (from memory).

Do you doubt that the chemo wasnt an active measure ?

Personally i would legalise pot, purely for the tax to go to the government and standardisation of the quality, rather than criminals.

Norm_uk Aug 4th 2013 8:09 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 10834201)
well there a lot of things out there that make you feel very very good and are good for you ;)

case in point : your signature :thumbsup:



x 1

No argument there. Weed has been used in medicine for millennia - not sure if smoking it is so good for the body though). It's interesting to see how in the Victorian era (an age of widespread innovation and social change) most drugs were readily available. Today we are told we are safer and have more freedom but are not allowed to decide for ourselves what we can put in our own bodies.

The libertarian in me says that any adult should be allowed to buy and consume any drug he or she can afford if so inclined. Provided no harm comes to others (in the same way we stomp on drunk drivers and violent drunks, sack people who come to work plastered and take a dim view of people who smoke around non-smokers without permission etc) who cares what people do?

I think there's a lot of potential tax revenue being lost with drugs for sure. Governments love to intrude on citizen's lives given half a chance. Reminds of the Judge Dredd comics where sugar and coffee are class A drugs because they aren't good for you and smoking is only allowed in one building in the entire city...sounds a bit like London in 20 years :sneaky:

N.

Norm_uk Aug 4th 2013 8:11 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 

Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 10834298)
jam25mack - read what i wrote again

My retort was that the baby wasnt "cured" of cancer by injecting marijuana. The marijuana helped with the pain relief and as a stimulant for pain relief it is one of the best (and natural cures).

There were a couple of tests done (one by Harvard) on the effacy of using pot as a cancer cure but it only got as far as rats/mice (from memory).

Do you doubt that the chemo wasnt an active measure ?

Personally i would legalise pot, purely for the tax to go to the government and standardisation of the quality, rather than criminals.

Agreed. That applies to most recreational drugs I think. The individual can decide if they want to use them, and will know they are not funding crime and terrorism by doing so.

N.

jam25mack Aug 4th 2013 8:27 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 

Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 10834298)
jam25mack - read what i wrote again

OK, I did, and from what you wrote and how it came across I stand by my response, however, I now get what your trying to say. ;)


Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 10834298)
My retort was that the baby wasnt "cured" of cancer by injecting marijuana. The marijuana helped with the pain relief and as a stimulant for pain relief it is one of the best (and natural cures).

There were a couple of tests done (one by Harvard) on the effacy of using pot as a cancer cure but it only got as far as rats/mice (from memory).

Do you doubt that the chemo wasnt an active measure ?

Personally i would legalise pot, purely for the tax to go to the government and standardisation of the quality, rather than criminals.

I'm a bit mixed on legalisation of drugs to be honest. I agree that weed should be legal or at least decriminalised, however, I am not convinced when it comes to harder drugs such as crack and smack. You can give up weed in a heartbeat where as harder drugs take a lot more time and effort and severely change a persons personality with no added benefits. They can severely f**k you up!

mikewot Aug 4th 2013 8:29 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 10834305)
Agreed. That applies to most recreational drugs I think. The individual can decide if they want to use them, and will know they are not funding crime and terrorism by doing so.

Uhuh, and what about those that induce dependence and addiction. In my job we are zero tolerant to illegal drugs (and even some prescribed medicines) and there are random checks for drug taking. Long may that continue, I do not support your position.

jam25mack Aug 4th 2013 8:52 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10834334)
Uhuh, and what about those that induce dependence and addiction. In my job we are zero tolerant to illegal drugs (and even some prescribed medicines) and there are random checks for drug taking. Long may that continue, I do not support your position.

OK, but I assume this is the same for say... alcohol which is legal.

I think Norms point is that just because it is legal doesn't mean that everyone will be in work stoned out of their tits, similar to where being hammered in work is generally frowned upon...... there should be some degree of self regulation.

mikewot Aug 4th 2013 9:06 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10834363)
OK, but I assume this is the same for say... alcohol which is legal.

Yes of course.

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10834363)
I think Norms point is that just because it is legal doesn't mean that everyone will be in work stoned out of their tits, similar to where being hammered in work is generally frowned upon...... there should be some degree of self regulation.

And what about flashbacks etc? Alcohol works it's way out of your system, drugs ***** with your mind.

Theseus Aug 4th 2013 9:08 am

Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?
 
Legalisation and regulation of the manufacturing and supply of recreational drugs should happen.

Canabis has benefits for sufferers of certain diseases (MS for example) and needs further testing to find out what other benefits it could have. However the levels of THC in the current supply available in the UK are through the roof and I "believe" this is responsible for a number of mental health issues within young adults in the UK. Regulation of the supply could go a long way to stemming this problem.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:22 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.