Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?

Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?

Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:09 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby with cancer cured through marijuana?

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
They listen to the music of a mixed race man with a white father who hated his white side so much he spent his career telling everyone he was black and writing songs against 'the man'?

I think it's because people like the idea that something that makes you feel good may actually be good for you.

N.
No because they smoke it The smoker was incidental, the action was what I wanted to show

Last edited by weasel decentral; Aug 4th 2013 at 9:16 am.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:09 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
OK, I did, and from what you wrote and how it came across I stand by my response, however, I now get what your trying to say.

I'm a bit mixed on legalisation of drugs to be honest. I agree that weed should be legal or at least decriminalised, however, I am not convinced when it comes to harder drugs such as crack and smack. You can give up weed in a heartbeat where as harder drugs take a lot more time and effort and severely change a persons personality with no added benefits. They can severely f**k you up!
Many studies show nicotine to be more physically addictive than heroin and cocaine. (http://www1.umn.edu/perio/tobacco/nicaddct.html) and it kills many, many more people than illegal drugs combined. Booze ruins people's lives too. Ever lived with a proper alcoholic (not the jolly functional type, I mean the type that has a complete and usually negative personality change after a few drinks).

There are medical uses for cocaine (original and best local anesthetic) and heroin (an excellent pain killer which also slows digestion) as with weed. The fact is even too much coffee can cause personality change. It comes down to people should have a choice and those who cannot control themselves will be punished. Despite their legality it appears millions take these drugs anyway and fund a lot of nasty criminal gangs who commit crimes and acts of terrorism - Not all users become homeless addicts who mug old ladies for their next fix just as millions of regular drinks are perfectly functional members of society. A lot of doctors are habitual drug users - no problem there as they can get the uncut medical stuff and proscribe their own doses safely.

N.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:12 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theseus
Legalisation and regulation of the manufacturing and supply of recreational drugs should happen. <snip>Regulation of the supply could go a long way to stemming this problem.
But it's the active ingredient that should be provided and available on prescription. Not just sold so people can go tripping and this wouldn't solve the issue of 'recreational' drugs.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:22 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Yes of course.
And what about flashbacks etc? Alcohol works it's way out of your system, drugs ***** with your mind.
I am most certainly not for legalising everything, certainly not drugs that stay in the system and affect judgement at a later date at random. Cannabis, Heroin and Cocaine don't do that so are candidates for legalisation. Acid does and so should remain banned for obvious reasons. It is beyond the control of a responsible user to cease and be sure he or she will not affect anyone.

N.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:24 am

But it's the active ingredient that should be provided and available on prescription. Not just sold so people can go tripping and this wouldn't solve the issue of 'recreational' drugs.
The problem with recreational drugs is they are illegal, controlled by drug dealers who don't care if people get hooked and die, who promote an underground lifestyle, fund terrorism and crime and suck up police time and resources.

Some people like getting a buzz. Some do it with booze and fags, others want something different. If it doesn't harm others and can be controlled and taxed then there's no need to ban them.

N.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:26 am

Uhuh, and what about those that induce dependence and addiction. In my job we are zero tolerant to illegal drugs (and even some prescribed medicines) and there are random checks for drug taking. Long may that continue, I do not support your position.
Nicotine is at least as addictive as heroin and cocaine, perhaps more so. Serves little purpose but is perfectly legal and increasingly banned in most enclosed spaces where non-smokers can be affected. I wouldn't dream of telling someone they cannot smoke in their own home or in public if it doesn't bother someone though.

Do you think I support people turning up to do their work off their head? I am very clear that anything that affects others should be punishable. I would and do support drugs tests for jobs where their effects can cause problems on the job even in responsible users. I know a lot of pilots who drink but none who go to work drunk for example. This rule can apply to any drug that affects judgement - if cannabis was legal it would be a crime to use it and drive or fly etc. Making things legal tends to reduce their use over time (drinking and smoking are decreasing in Europe) - banning them increases use and crime.

I am not for blanket bans which continue to fund terrorism and crime just because you or I would not do these drugs (for the record I have no interest in hard drugs). Sky diving is a legitimate hobby that is extremely dangerous - would you ban it? How about bungee-jumping? Cage diving? Hard drugs should be legal, taxed, controlled, hard to buy and illegal/extremely hard to market or promote.

Oh, and I am not asking for support of my position...if you don't like my opinion I am quite ok with that - we never learn anything from people we agree with

N.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:27 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Not just sold so people can go tripping and this wouldn't solve the issue of 'recreational' drugs.
I am for legalising all drugs, it's the individuals choice if they use or not and they bear the consequences.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
No because they smoke it The smoker was incidental, the action was what I wanted to show

http://i.imgur.com/LJwtrZo.jpg
Understood.

My explanation was longer though...

N.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:30 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I am most certainly not for legalising everything, certainly not drugs that stay in the system and affect judgement at a later date at random. Cannabis, Heroin and Cocaine don't do that.
You did look at the link I posted on the study? " 'a transitory recurrence of emotions and perceptions originally experienced while under the influence of a psychedelic drug'.1 Flashbacks are usually associated with LSD, DOM and cannabis use."
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:31 am

I am for legalising all drugs, it's the individuals choice if they use or not and they bear the consequences.
I'd stop at things that can cause flashbacks and don't leave the system...then again I suppose a test can be devised to stop people who have that in their system from every working in any kind of critical profession or operating machinery.

N.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:33 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
there should be some degree of self regulation.
self regulation comes with age mate, and even then to some it never comes
the newly 'of-age' with any form of paying job tend to go nuts when they are allowed to pub it and some of them end up either jobless, or in accidents etc

if you legalize pot, your throwing another variable in there

I say legalize the drug (only pot, nothing heavier) only AFTER you hit 38 and can show a good credit and job history along with a nice bank statement.
Sort of like applying for a visa, walk in to a government controlled / regulated office with your papers and say 'Hello, I would like to buy some pot please'
Go through the membership process and get a valid Membership card which can be used to buy from local pot-shops
We might be on to something here!
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:35 am
Knee deep and rising

I'd stop at things that can cause flashbacks and don't leave the system...then again I suppose a test can be devised to stop people who have that in their system from every working in any kind of critical profession or operating machinery.

N.
Flashbacks are a myth for the typical user, unless you a Timothy Leary type. I must have piled through a ton of acid and mushrooms in college (along with others in my class) and none of us have ever suffered this.

Anecdotal evidence is the best
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Flashbacks are a myth for the typical user, unless you a Timothy Leary type.
"Studies generally show that roughly a quarter of LSD and cannabis users experience some kind of flashback."
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Ah yes because society doesn't have to bear any consequences for heroin addicts who commit crimes to feed their habit.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:51 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

cannabis users experience some kind of flashback."
Balderdash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.