B-DAY

Old Jan 14th 2020, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B-DAY

Hardly surprising as Bloomberg wants to be the next POTUS.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 5:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Hardly surprising as Bloomberg wants to be the next POTUS.
Translation: "FAKE NEWS"

Old Jan 14th 2020, 7:58 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Translation: "FAKE NEWS"

Michael Bloomberg has never denied wanting to run for office one day. Isn't that why he ceded control of Bloomberg new a few years ago?
Old Jan 14th 2020, 8:36 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Mind blowing isn't it.
Indeed. The number given is more than the UK's net total contribution to the EU over the 47 years of membership. Not sure how Bloomberg's political ambitions in the US invalidate this in any way, but there you go.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 9:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
Michael Bloomberg has never denied wanting to run for office one day. Isn't that why he ceded control of Bloomberg new a few years ago?
I don't have any opinion on Bloomberg, other than I don't think what America really needs is another 400 year old man billionaire running the country.

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Indeed. The number given is more than the UK's net total contribution to the EU over the 47 years of membership. Not sure how Bloomberg's political ambitions in the US invalidate this in any way, but there you go.
Don't, the facts will be denied, the source claimed as untrustworthy, the author as too 'woke' or a snowflake and the march towards impending doom will continue.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Mind blowing isn't it.
British economy now 3% smaller than it could have been had the relationship been maintained.

Economic speculation. Very highly reliable science, ain't it? Especially as the UK hasn't even left yet. From the same set of economists in all the usual sources spending the last five years predicting economic doom and gloom and sky is falling, when none of it actually happened. And the same graph shows the UK still grew. And apparently it has nothing to do with "global growth cooling recently". Where was that missing 170 billion going to go? Not your pocket, not my pocket either.

And who knows, just maybe, being outside the EU will see the UK grow a lot faster than previously estimated And that 170 billion "loss" will turn out to be 1 trillion in gains by not being in the EU. Hey, it's prediction, just like their prediction.

Either way, people will want to believe what they want to believe. And the same is true for the economists. Their record in predicting recessions is so remarkable, isn't it?

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Jan 14th 2020 at 5:02 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 7:52 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

We're a matter of weeks away from Brexit-Day, despite a new survey showing a 52-48 split in favour of Remain, we're on our way to chaos.

When / if we leave on the 31st January, apart from the main issue being whether Big Ben rings at 11pm or not, what do we expect to happen?

'No Deal' Brexit was lauded as a ****ing disaster and the revised 'BoJo Deal' Brexit hasn't been received as much better. Will bees die? Will Mummy still have to recycle? Who will stock the first straight banana? Will the Spaniards invade our waters to steal our fish? Will remainers riot? Will anyone non-white-Brit just disintegrate (like in Game of Thrones when the Night King is killed).

Will it just be a complete non-event?

Any currency predictions?
Any housing market predictions?
Any.....other predictions?
Nothing will happen because we will be in the official transition where all the old rules continue to apply. The cliff-edge is at 2020 year end when Boris, in his infinite wisdom, has said the transition will end regardless of how much or what has been negotiated. I know the new EU trade commissioner who will be leading the negotiations on behalf of the EU. He is from my home town. We always thought he would have been best suited as a nightclub bouncer (personality, physique and intellect) though he was afraid of my mother (which indicates he was capable of some rational thought).

Old Jan 14th 2020, 7:55 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
British economy now 3% smaller than it could have been had the relationship been maintained.

Economic speculation. Very highly reliable science, ain't it? Especially as the UK hasn't even left yet. From the same set of economists in all the usual sources spending the last five years predicting economic doom and gloom and sky is falling, when none of it actually happened. And the same graph shows the UK still grew. And apparently it has nothing to do with "global growth cooling recently". Where was that missing 170 billion going to go? Not your pocket, not my pocket either.

And who knows, just maybe, being outside the EU will see the UK grow a lot faster than previously estimated And that 170 billion "loss" will turn out to be 1 trillion in gains by not being in the EU. Hey, it's prediction, just like their prediction.

Either way, people will want to believe what they want to believe. And the same is true for the economists. Their record in predicting recessions is so remarkable, isn't it?

Yeah but no but. Almost anybody in international business can give you an anecdote about proposed investment in the UK which has been shelved or cancelled since the Brexit vote. I have literally more than a dozen examples that I know of directly and I don't even work any more.

Again, the post-Brexit "unleashing" will be based on what? Some credible examples please... trading what with whom?

Old Jan 15th 2020, 4:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Yeah but no but. Almost anybody in international business can give you an anecdote about proposed investment in the UK which has been shelved or cancelled since the Brexit vote. I have literally more than a dozen examples that I know of directly and I don't even work any more.

Again, the post-Brexit "unleashing" will be based on what? Some credible examples please... trading what with whom?
Whilst I hate the term, you'll just get sucked into the usual 'whataboutery' from the Brexit camp with questions like those.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Nothing will happen because we will be in the official transition where all the old rules continue to apply. The cliff-edge is at 2020 year end when Boris, in his infinite wisdom, has said the transition will end regardless of how much or what has been negotiated. I know the new EU trade commissioner who will be leading the negotiations on behalf of the EU. He is from my home town. We always thought he would have been best suited as a nightclub bouncer (personality, physique and intellect) though he was afraid of my mother (which indicates he was capable of some rational thought).
'Bouncer' we are talking about the short fat bald bloke with glasses right? what was he bouncing the brownies bake sale. I hope for all our sake that your assessment of his intellect is equally inaccurate to that of his physical prowess. Junker was a posturing prick who cared more for an experiment than the people it affected, are you telling us that this bloke is no better? I was under the impression that an Irish negotiator would be more focused on securing a deal, given Ireland has more to loss than any other nation including Britain. It's sad that we can not manage to elect responsible politicians.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

Whilst I hate the term, you'll just get sucked into the usual 'whataboutery' from the Brexit camp with questions like those.
What's to worry about when Liz Truss is on the case