Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Ayman maliki's paintings

Ayman maliki's paintings

Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayman maliki's paintings

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Sorry I'm using that pesky original British English...bad habit of mine.

Translated into 'foreign' it means 'an accurate description I approve of'

N.
never mind take it easy
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future

Arrogance and vanity are foul and make you feel disgusted
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:31 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maudawia
Arrogance and vanity are foul and make you feel disgusted
And here's me thinking they were obligatory in the middle east
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:56 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

My building in Dubai was very modern. Emaar and all that. Clean and simple lines ruled the architecture. Floor to ceiling windows which let in a lot of natural light.

It also meant that at night you could look up at the towers and identify which apartments were lived in by Arabs - from all the frilly curtains and fake French gilt chandeliers

Originally Posted by shiva
Yet more evidence of a lack of any taste. Those will look lovely next to the faux louis 14 commodes and Perspex tables with frilly tissues holders.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ethos83
My building in Dubai was very modern. Emaar and all that. Clean and simple lines ruled the architecture. Floor to ceiling windows which let in a lot of natural light.

It also meant that at night you could look up at the towers and identify which apartments were lived in by Arabs - from all the frilly curtains and fake French gilt chandeliers
So you can stare wherever you want
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Originally Posted by maudawia
So you can stare wherever you want
Stare space into the most times the.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
Stare space into the most times the.
hhhhhhhh
Old Jan 28th 2012, 12:22 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

The middle picture looks like Dame Judi Dench
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:51 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83

I know a Syrian chap who told me decades ago locals used to fit small chandeliers in their cars - no idea if it's true but it seems so believable

N.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I know a Syrian chap who told me decades ago locals used to fit small chandeliers in their cars - no idea if it's true but it seems so believable

N.
local have every thing money and time they are the happiest one round the world high income hhhh
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Oo an art thread :-) isn't this a bit intellectual for this site?

Personally I am a fan of comtemporary art compared to the classics, art installations, print work, illustration and typography as well as photography and fashion (yes it counts as art) are my main interests and i love a good nude- I always used to do life drawing classes but there don't seem to be any here...

I was surprised by some of the art available in Lebanon, loads of local artists producing some beautiful work, as for the OP images shown- I'd say they are pretty much crap, reproduced for the masses, cheap knock it out and sell it cheap, painted with no passion or motivation other than making money, but if it evokes an emotional responce to the voyeur its doing its job- just not for me.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

maudawia- check out Lucian Freud http://www.google.ae/images?q=lucian...ult_group&sa=X
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Fees are wonderful, u seem interested in terms of faces, show insight and the ability to analyze high-brewing in the minds of others
Old Jan 29th 2012, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Scubaroo is an unknown quantity at this point

An appropriate contribution to this appreciation society,

http://uglyrenaissancebabies.tumblr.com/
Old Jan 29th 2012, 8:53 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Not on my living room wall, thanks all the same. (Yeah, I do realise that whether or not I'd hang something on my living room wall isn't quite the same as a critical analysis of whether or not its art (or how good it is), and that one man's art is another man's trash, and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder (and that art doesn't have to be beautiful), (and that that's a lot of ands), but for ****'s sake Lucien, couldn't you at least have done one--just one--that's appealing to look at?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.