British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Avram Grant sacked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/avram-grant-sacked-538632/)

The Dean May 24th 2008 5:03 pm

Avram Grant sacked

Breaking news...........

Inselaffen May 24th 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Avram Grant sacked

its not exactly a surprise.

at least it gets them over the visa controversy for their summer tour!

The Dean May 24th 2008 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6389363)
its not exactly a surprise.

at least it gets them over the visa controversy for their summer tour!

John "Work Rate" Hollins was just on Sky saying SGE is in the frame......

Inselaffen May 24th 2008 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6389375)
John "Work Rate" Hollins was just on Sky saying SGE is in the frame......

reckon they'll go dutch!

Madam Medusa May 24th 2008 5:26 pm

(is this a football thing...?)

MM, xx

The Dean May 24th 2008 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6389387)
(is this a football thing...?)

MM, xx

Football? No it's about Chelsea.........

nottmbantam May 24th 2008 5:49 pm

Feel a bit sorry for the guy actually, he got them to the CL FInal, which Mourinho never managed,and took the title race into the last day of the season.

Still, many people argue it was JM's team he inherited. It will be interesting to see who they appoint and what success he will bring at the end of next season.

The Dean May 24th 2008 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 6389451)
Feel a bit sorry for the guy actually, he got them to the CL FInal, which Mourinho never managed,and took the title race into the last day of the season.

Still, many people argue it was JM's team he inherited. It will be interesting to see who they appoint and what success he will bring at the end of next season.

As I said, Hollins has started a Sven rumour......... but the word is that, when it comes to tactics, substitutions, etc, Terry and Ballack call the shots.......

Inselaffen May 24th 2008 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6389470)
As I said, Hollins has started a Sven rumour......... but the word is that, when it comes to tactics, substitutions, etc, Terry and Ballack call the shots.......

it won't be long until Abramovich gets bored with Chelsea and then they will head straight into administration!

lionheart May 25th 2008 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6389482)
it won't be long until Abramovich gets bored with Chelsea and then they will head straight into administration!

I've heard that Alex Ferguson might fancy a new challenge...or how about the return of The Maestro or whatever Jose Mourinho calls himself these days? SGE would be a step backwards...

Inselaffen May 25th 2008 5:43 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6390649)
I've heard that Alex Ferguson might fancy a new challenge...or how about the return of The Maestro or whatever Jose Mourinho calls himself these days? SGE would be a step backwards...

Fergie won't leave United. He probably will manage the British Olympic team though.

I think Frank Rijkaard will get the job.