Old Dec 21st 2009, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Avatar

First off, thread is not gona be a spoiler.

Ok with that said, all I can say about the 3d is Hot Damm!!! If you plan on seeing this movie , which by the way one should, then you have to see it in Digital 3D (assuming theaters in the Emirates have it). The 3D is what makes this movie.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:16 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Avatar

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
First off, thread is not gona be a spoiler.

Ok with that said, all I can say about the 3d is Hot Damm!!! If you plan on seeing this movie , which by the way one should, then you have to see it in Digital 3D (assuming theaters in the Emirates have it). The 3D is what makes this movie.
There happens to be a new cinema in Mirdiff called Cinemacity in the Arabian Center. They are showing Avatar in Dolby Digital 3D on 2 screens...

It is an amazing movie experience.

You can download this week's show times here

Cinemacity Dec 17-23

*this has been a public service announcement.... not an advert...ahem*
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Marina Mall and Khalidiya in AD have it in 3D. Though gold class at MM is just 2D.

Absolute magic, no story line to speak of but the Pandora planet was stunning and the combat scenes had me shrieking!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

saw it at mirdiff in 2d and it was pretty amazing....
Old Dec 21st 2009, 7:58 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B Bear
saw it at mirdiff in 2d and it was pretty amazing....
curious - why 2D?
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Utterly breathtaking........... unlike any other film you will ever have seen.

Nit-pick: the alien language is subtitled in Arabic - you have to go to the UK to get it in English. (Mind you, you can still get the gist of what they are saying).

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Dean
Utterly breathtaking........... unlike any other film you will ever have seen.

Nit-pick: the alien language is subtitled in Arabic - you have to go to the UK to get it in English. (Mind you, you can still get the gist of what they are saying).

i thought aliens all spoke english? did they cut any of the fight scenes and gratuitous butt shots out of the film over there?
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 12:55 pm
Powered by cows

Originally Posted by Cham128
i thought aliens all spoke english? did they cut any of the fight scenes and gratuitous butt shots out of the film over there?
Nope, no cuts - you can't easily do cuts on digital / 3D as it all comes direct from the studios with the subtitles already added...
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

I saw it 2 days ago in 2D, brilliant experience btw: the lady asked me if I wanted to see the 2D or 3D film, surprised that they had the 3D I of course chose that one, only to be told that they are only showing the 2D and that I need to go to Dubai for the 3D.

Even in 2D it's a cool movie though, thinking of watching it again in 3D though as I think it will be absolutely stunning.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc-
I saw it 2 days ago in 2D, brilliant experience btw: the lady asked me if I wanted to see the 2D or 3D film, surprised that they had the 3D I of course chose that one, only to be told that they are only showing the 2D and that I need to go to Dubai for the 3D.

Even in 2D it's a cool movie though, thinking of watching it again in 3D though as I think it will be absolutely stunning.
I just spent 3 hours straining my eyes trying to see it in 3D. Succeeded for all of about 3 mins in total.
Must have fuc/ked up eyes or something. The 3D trailers at the start I saw perfectly.

Not sure what all the fuss is about other than the 3D malarky though.
7/10.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
There happens to be a new cinema in Mirdiff called Cinemacity in the Arabian Center. They are showing Avatar in Dolby Digital 3D on 2 screens...

It is an amazing movie experience.

You can download this week's show times here

Cinemacity Dec 17-23

*this has been a public service announcement.... not an advert...ahem*
Thanks for the post.....That is where I went...it was great because I guess not many people know about it so it was quiet for a change.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I just spent 3 hours straining my eyes trying to see it in 3D. Succeeded for all of about 3 mins in total.
Must have fuc/ked up eyes or something. The 3D trailers at the start I saw perfectly.

Not sure what all the fuss is about other than the 3D malarky though.
7/10.
I was fidgeting with the 3D glasses for about 10-15 mins, partly because I wear spectacles when watching movies, so getting the 3D glasses aligned and sitting properly took some adjusting. The other reason was that some objects were blurry and my eyes were hurting now and then.

Eventually though, my eyes must have got accustomed as I had no headache/pain and images were clear except in very rare instances of objects that were in the very near foreground.

Out of curiosity, what are the ticket prices in Dubai/AD cinemas for the 3D version?
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

I was fidgeting with the 3D glasses for about 10-15 mins, partly because I wear spectacles when watching movies, so getting the 3D glasses aligned and sitting properly took some adjusting. The other reason was that some objects were blurry and my eyes were hurting now and then.

Eventually though, my eyes must have got accustomed as I had no headache/pain and images were clear except in very rare instances of objects that were in the very near foreground.

Out of curiosity, what are the ticket prices in Dubai/AD cinemas for the 3D version?
Arabian Center was 40dhs.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

MOTE was AED 30 in 2D and AED 50 in 3D but the nice man said they were 'reviewing' that policy..........
Old Dec 24th 2009, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

saw it here in 3D last night. worth seeing in 3D but wouldnt bother in 2D
why do they insist on make films so damn long now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.