British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Avatar in 3D (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/avatar-3d-651094/)

Max the Dog Jan 25th 2010 5:52 am

Anyone seen it? is it worth it?? where is it ??? Do you have to wear funny glasses????

lionheart Jan 25th 2010 5:55 am

Re: Avatar in 3D

Originally Posted by Max the Dog (Post 8279297)
Anyone seen it? is it worth it?? where is it ??? Do you have to wear funny glasses????

Yes...yes...in most good cinemas...and yes.

Max the Dog Jan 25th 2010 5:57 am

Great...Thanks!!

busybee2 Jan 25th 2010 6:31 am

seen it twice, cinestar in marina mall, but best to watch it at imax in ibn same price as abu dhabi, but you get the much bigger screen, plus they had the subtitles in english unlike cinestar so we could actually figure out what they were talking about.

Blue Cat Jan 25th 2010 6:38 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8279341)
seen it twice, cinestar in marina mall, but best to watch it at imax in ibn same price as abu dhabi, but you get the much bigger screen, plus they had the subtitles in english unlike cinestar so we could actually figure out what they were talking about.

my husband saw it at IBN on Saturday, said it was fantastic :thumbup:

Jeeper Jan 25th 2010 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8279351)

A feast for the eyes definately:thumbup: (if you can get your eyes to see it in 3d which I couldn't for the most part) but the plot itself is pretty average.

I been reading reports of people feeling depressed after seeing it....how nice pandora is and how grim our world is when you walk back out of the cinema.

Anyway - thinking of going to watch it again, this time at imax to see if I can get the 3D going.....will be the first time I have ever paid to see a move twice.

busybee2 Jan 25th 2010 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8279351)

the storyline isnt that brill, but you can see why it cost so much to make, but its a very long film, 166 mins i believe.

but i thought the imax was good, but why do they only allow you to go in 5 mins before the film starts, and because its a long film, there are no trailers it starts straight away.... and then you get all these late people coming in trying to find their seat which will always be the ones in the middle, then you find some not in the right seat so they have to move, the guys with their toches trying to sort it out, all right in front of you and because of the way the screen and seating arrangements you cant see past them and they have to give you the glasses in the cinema and not before.

i thought it was better at the imax, but they are not helping themselves with the comfort and enjoyment for the peeps in their already trying to watch. also the seats are tiny! so you cant have a big bum:rofl:

The Dean Jan 25th 2010 7:56 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8279394)
the storyline isnt that brill, but you can see why it cost so much to make, but its a very long film, 166 mins i believe.

but i thought the imax was good, but why do they only allow you to go in 5 mins before the film starts, and because its a long film, there are no trailers it starts straight away.... and then you get all these late people coming in trying to find their seat which will always be the ones in the middle, then you find some not in the right seat so they have to move, the guys with their toches trying to sort it out, all right in front of you and because of the way the screen and seating arrangements you cant see past them and they have to give you the glasses in the cinema and not before.

i thought it was better at the imax, but they are not helping themselves with the comfort and enjoyment for the peeps in their already trying to watch. also the seats are tiny! so you cant have a big bum:rofl:

Otherwise OK? :huh:

Max the Dog Jan 25th 2010 10:20 am

Sounds like Ibn Batutta it is then!!
Any recomendations on where to sit, obviously not at the front??

Spugsy Jan 25th 2010 12:12 pm

the glasses are new cool ones, no red and blue or whatever,

and yeah, pardon my french but its fûcking INCREDIBLE.

Spugsy Jan 25th 2010 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 8279374)
A feast for the eyes definately:thumbup: (if you can get your eyes to see it in 3d which I couldn't for the most part) but the plot itself is pretty average.

I been reading reports of people feeling depressed after seeing it....how nice pandora is and how grim our world is when you walk back out of the cinema.

Anyway - thinking of going to watch it again, this time at imax to see if I can get the 3D going.....will be the first time I have ever paid to see a move twice.

heh yeah I felt a bit like that, after Pandora Ibn Buttuta and Dubai seemed as grim as can be.

Spugsy Jan 25th 2010 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Max the Dog (Post 8279708)
Sounds like Ibn Batutta it is then!!
Any recomendations on where to sit, obviously not at the front??

in the middle, with loads of pick n mix as its pretty long.

or maybe a hotdog.

Nu-Shooz Jan 25th 2010 12:31 pm

It's a brilliant film...you must go see it in 3D:thumbsup:

Max the Dog Jan 25th 2010 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8279938)
in the middle, with loads of pick n mix as its pretty long.

or maybe a hotdog.

A nice pork one and a Kia ora

Spugsy Jan 25th 2010 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Max the Dog (Post 8280071)
A nice pork one and a Kia ora

heh, that sounds canny as well.

Anyone seen sherlock holmes? any good?