Wikiposts

Australia Flights

Old May 12th 2013, 11:19 pm
Bothered

kungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud of
Default Australia Flights

The price of flights to Sydney from Dubai is making my eyes bleed.

7000 - 8000 with Qantas / Emirates.

Does anyone have any suggestions on better (cheaper) alternatives? For example I considered flying Emirates to Singapore then FlyScoot to Sydney but the 1500 saving doesnt justify the crappy layover ball-ache.

Looking to go around the end of September for 2 weeks should it matter.
Old May 13th 2013, 1:08 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia Flights

Originally Posted by kungpowdow

Does anyone have any suggestions on better (cheaper) alternatives? For example I considered flying Emirates to Singapore then FlyScoot to Sydney but the 1500 saving doesnt justify the crappy layover ball-ache.

Have a look at Royal Brunei - a mate flew with them to Aus from DXB recently.
Old May 13th 2013, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

I just booked the family home for Summer.

Cost approx 6000dhs adult Direct to Melbourne (14hrs)

That was via Expedia on Emirates.

Let me know if you can ever get cheaper than that.

I hoped the Qantas partnership would have brought a few specials out, but alas it seems the price gouging has continued twofold.
Old May 13th 2013, 1:30 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
I just booked the family home for Summer.

Cost approx 6000dhs adult Direct to Melbourne (14hrs)

That was via Expedia on Emirates.

Let me know if you can ever get cheaper than that.

I hoped the Qantas partnership would have brought a few specials out, but alas it seems the price gouging has continued twofold.
Cathay Pacific, one of the few good airlines in the world, 4500AED. Through their website.
Old May 13th 2013, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Have a look at Royal Brunei - a mate flew with them to Aus from DXB recently.
No booze though, gotta be a 2k saving to make that worthwhile!
Old May 13th 2013, 2:31 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
No booze though, gotta be a 2k saving to make that worthwhile!
heh - I do agree. Though I did fly with them once years ago to Heathrow and they didn't seem to mind of you had your own. Felt a bit alkie with big bottle of duty free and asking for mixers...
Old May 13th 2013, 3:50 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

www.skyscanner.com
Old May 13th 2013, 4:09 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
heh - I do agree. Though I did fly with them once years ago to Heathrow and they didn't seem to mind of you had your own. Felt a bit alkie with big bottle of duty free and asking for mixers...
not allowed to open duty free anymore. if you really need to, bring your own in 100ml bottles. RBA are quite used serving tonic water with ice & lemon....
Old May 13th 2013, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Cathay Pacific, one of the few good airlines in the world, 4500AED. Through their website.
I meant tell me if you can beat the 14hrs @ 6000dhs

Cathay goes through Honkers, and I ain't doing that with a 2.5yo and 0.6yo.
The ipad batteries wont last that long, and I'll be stonkered.
Old May 13th 2013, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
I meant tell me if you can beat the 14hrs @ 6000dhs

Cathay goes through Honkers, and I ain't doing that with a 2.5yo and 0.6yo.
The ipad batteries wont last that long, and I'll be stonkered.
You get USB ports on the back of the seats in Emirates (presumably Cathay as well) - so you could charge their ipads during the flight.
Old May 13th 2013, 10:22 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kungpowdow

We paid 8k with Emirates over the Christmas week a couple of years back
Old May 13th 2013, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Go from Muscat, via Dubai. AED 5,400. Have a nice weekend in Muscat some time over the summer then fly back to Dubai and do a stop-over until end September. Then fly to Sydney. Then fly back and have another stop-over in Dubai until the next time you fancy a weekend in Muscat.
Old May 14th 2013, 1:25 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

clever!
Old May 14th 2013, 1:26 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
+1 , you won't find better .