Atlantis?

Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:23 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlantis?

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
It'll be a little quiet at the fish tank from now on then!? Dear god, that's appalling. Unfortunately, I can imagine the Indian hordes that descend on the place probably don't spend a single Dirham in the place but fill it completely.
This has probably been done to make it less appealing as opposed to actually making money from it. They will be well aware that most of those families will not visit any longer, allowing a more comfortable experience for the unsuspecting tourists who will happily pay the 25AED to visit. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying I can see why.
No, I can see why too, from a business point of view - I mean, on the one hand "these freeloaders" could be seen as polluting the paying guests' experience (boll0cks) and then, yes, secondly, why not cash in on something that seems so popular?!

BUT, you know, so much of that godforsaken place is out of bounds, surely it's no bad thing to just give something for free.

Still, kind of confirms my suspicions about Sammy - had she been in good health when they released her, they would have made a big song and dance of it and been flogging tickets and "Sammy is free" merchandising...
Old Feb 28th 2011, 4:29 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlantis?

Did you know that the Kerzner group also owns the One & Only resorts?

Piece on 'budget' tourism in Dubai here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ck/9401764.stm