Wikiposts

Atlantis....

Old Sep 27th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlantis....

Originally Posted by Dreammaker

(Rant over, I've had a bad day)
Stop whining about having a bad day - you're not supposed to have one in Dubai.... Why don't you go to the Atlantis and cheer yourself up instead? I hear the structure in the main lobby is well worth a visit
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:01 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
Stop whining about having a bad day - you're not supposed to have one in Dubai.... Why don't you go to the Atlantis and cheer yourself up instead? I hear the structure in the main lobby is well worth a visit
it certainly takes your mind off other things for a few seconds that's for sure...
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:45 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
you'd expect nowt less from the sun...

MM, xx
true, this is one of the reasons I left the UK, small minded shite like this, and the thing is a lot of teh readers will just go along and believe anything they say.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:46 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
damn straight, Spugs... which is why I feel actually dirty for (a) reading the whole article :curse:, and (b) agreeing with every word

of course, it's possible that it was written from some general anti-Arab, xenophobic Sun-type bias, and not from a specific anti-cheese, anti-fakeness bias, so I can still rest on my Guardianista laurels and feel contentedly smug
its the 'souless dubai' thing that gets me.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 5:29 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
its the 'souless dubai' thing that gets me.
Why? It's pretty accurate, don't you think?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:01 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say some parts of the hotel are a bit tacky but personally I love the glass sculpture in the check in area, each to their own I suppose. Some of the paintings throughout the hotel are just fab whilst some of the others are vile!! I love the aquarium and the lost chamber and the aquaventure is amazing. The dolphin experience is amazing!! I loved every minute of it
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:04 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by lionheart
Why? It's pretty accurate, don't you think?
nope, there's a lot going on in Dubai, it not what I'd call 'souless'.

I'd leave that for watford, luton etc...
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

I was lucky enough to spend a day there prior to opening and be looked after by an amazing group of staff from different parts of the world who were nothing but courteous, friendly and couldnt do enough for us, yes its over the top, yes it may not be everyone's cup of tea but it will be a huge success because its different. I personally loved the glass sculpture in the main lobby and follow this designer's work often. At the end of the day there is something for everyone in Dubai
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:28 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
nope, there's a lot going on in Dubai, it not what I'd call 'souless'.

I'd leave that for watford, luton etc...
Cant believe Im gonna side with LH!!!

Just because there is a lot to do, doesnt mean the place has a soul, Spugs. All it means is that there is a cornucopia of ways that Dubai takes every pound of flesh you are willing to part with, and to hell with morals, ethics and there own religion.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Jammy D has been on here for some time so I will speak on his behalf.....

Dubai has no soul.

FACT.

(actually - he might like the place...I just wanted to say it's 'FACT').

Last edited by Jeeper; Sep 27th 2008 at 10:53 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:16 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Cant believe Im gonna side with LH!!!

Just because there is a lot to do, doesnt mean the place has a soul, Spugs. All it means is that there is a cornucopia of ways that Dubai takes every pound of flesh you are willing to part with, and to hell with morals, ethics and there own religion.
there's a lot against it, but more for it, I'd never say 'souless' though.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

There is still some "old" Dubai left and hopefully they will leave it intact, now that they've run out of money...lol

Visit Fahidi, gold souq and the area behind Burjuman during Diwali (Oct 25-28) - it is simply beautiful with all those lamps/lights.....I love the creek and all those dhows. It's certainly not souless in this part of Dubai....or may I'm just rambling and don't understand what you mean by "souless"
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I never believe myself saying this, but, why whinge and bitch and moan...
If you don't like Dubai, buy the damn ticket and get the *uck outta here!!!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I never believe myself saying this, but, why whinge and bitch and moan...
If you don't like Dubai, buy the damn ticket and get the *uck outta here!!!
Oh and just so I don't give the wrong idea to anyone, I was referring to TGF,Jeeper,JD and Lionheart...
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:32 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Oh and just so I don't give the wrong idea to anyone, I was referring to TGF,Jeeper,JD and Lionheart...
so I can stay...phew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.