Asthma...

Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:31 am
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
pauldxb's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,238
pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Asthma...

Question: In the UK i use both the blue (ventolin) inhaler & the brown (becotide) inhaler in UAE its impossible to get becotide but you can get a substitue called beclazone, has anyone else had this problem ???? If so where can i get a brown inhaler.

Thanks
pauldxb is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:19 am
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,553
The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asthma...

Originally Posted by pauldxb View Post
Question: In the UK i use both the blue (ventolin) inhaler & the brown (becotide) inhaler in UAE its impossible to get becotide but you can get a substitue called beclazone, has anyone else had this problem ???? If so where can i get a brown inhaler.

Thanks
Have you tried Symbicort?

Combines both, and only takes about a week to build up the necessary levels of resistance.

It even gives my son relief, and that's saying something.
The Dean is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:25 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
pauldxb's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,238
pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: Asthma...

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
Have you tried Symbicort?

Combines both, and only takes about a week to build up the necessary levels of resistance.

It even gives my son relief, and that's saying something.
So you use Symbicort collectively ? You see im supposed to use the blue when i need it & the brown first thing in the morning & the last thing at night
pauldxb is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:27 am
  #4  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,553
The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asthma...

Originally Posted by pauldxb View Post
So you use Symbicort collectively ? You see im supposed to use the blue when i need it & the brown first thing in the morning & the last thing at night
My son takes one shot in the morning and one at night.

Hasn't used the blue for ages - hasn't needed to.
The Dean is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:27 am
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Abu Dhabi by body and Sydney by soul
Posts: 1,841
al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asthma...

Becotide is the UK's steroid of choice but in oz it's pulmicorte. Try looking for that, it sounds as if it's from the same family as the one Dean's son uses..

You use it the same as the brown and then use your blue as and when you need it. though if you need to use it often it sounds like your asthma is not being managed and you need to see a doctor.

Asthma attacks which kill occur most commonly with people who mismanage it and rely too heavily on ventolin.... Just to cheer you up!
al dente is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:29 am
  #6  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,553
The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asthma...

By the way, a tablet called Singulair is being trialled in the region......

Herbal or organic or something but someone told me a while back it was effective.

No idea of up to date situation though (eg availability).
The Dean is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:40 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
pauldxb's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,238
pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: Asthma...

Originally Posted by al dente View Post
Becotide is the UK's steroid of choice but in oz it's pulmicorte. Try looking for that, it sounds as if it's from the same family as the one Dean's son uses..

You use it the same as the brown and then use your blue as and when you need it. though if you need to use it often it sounds like your asthma is not being managed and you need to see a doctor.

Asthma attacks which kill occur most commonly with people who mismanage it and rely too heavily on ventolin.... Just to cheer you up!
THANKS !!!!

I feel loads better now, ive never had an attack as such its come through 12 years off working in a smoky industry, i use both of them mainly as i can become wheasy in the mornings / evenings
pauldxb is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:41 am
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
pauldxb's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,238
pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: Asthma...

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
My son takes one shot in the morning and one at night.

Hasn't used the blue for ages - hasn't needed to.
I might give it a go, thanks
pauldxb is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:39 am
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Abu Dhabi by body and Sydney by soul
Posts: 1,841
al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asthma...

Originally Posted by pauldxb View Post
I might give it a go, thanks
I know you're a bloke and, as such, simply cannot go to see a doctor but i'd really recommend it. Self medicating just ain't wise on this one. Especially, if you are using your ventalin twice a day. That would ring major f'ing alarm bells!

sure you're fine though...
al dente is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:14 am
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
pauldxb's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,238
pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: Asthma...

Originally Posted by al dente View Post
I know you're a bloke and, as such, simply cannot go to see a doctor but i'd really recommend it. Self medicating just ain't wise on this one. Especially, if you are using your ventalin twice a day. That would ring major f'ing alarm bells!

sure you're fine though...
true, but as you say im a man
pauldxb is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.