The Ashes

Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:34 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by Scamp
Root to smash 200 and then we'll declare if it's about tea-time.

Swann to take 5 wickets again. All over by the end of today
Root will get his 200 (if he does) by lunch.

It'll be great to see the Aussies totally humiliated on a ground where they've not lost for 40 or so years if I recall - and Glenn McGrath saying just after the first test. Just watch us bounce back, we love Lords.

Brilliant, let's totally and utterly humiliate them.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
2 days laeft and a lead of 566, no sign of rain.

I think we should bat until tea, let's get the pitch really broken up, have a lead of over 700 and wipe the floor with them and very possibly their biggest test defeat ever.

Mmmmm
I would have put them in last night for 45 mins , they look like a lost team at the moment . They've defiantly got some major personal problems in their dressing room as they look lost .

I'd also put them to the sword and humiliate them . They're not taking it too well down under.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/...721-2qbz5.html

The comments are a tad bitter !!!
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:40 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Brilliant

And the poll, can Aussies make it to the fifth day, 81% say no.

That's backing your team eh?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:52 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Could be a great Sunday for us Brits.

A Joe Root double and England win, Chris Froome TDF winner and then a Lee Westwood Open title.

bet the odds aren't great on that triple.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:20 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

So, England declare when Root was out for 180 and now Australia have a run chase of 583 to win, best part of two days to play.

My money's on the Aussies....
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix
So, England declare when Root was out for 180 and now Australia have a run chase of 583 to win, best part of two days to play.

My money's on the Aussies....
3.3 / over is the run rate required.

I don't think they'll get close.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:41 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

3.3 / over is the run rate required.

I don't think they'll get close.
3.3/over - they can do that....

How many players do they have?

And as my betting predictions are always wrong, I'm still backing the baggy greens!
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix
3.3/over - they can do that....

How many players do they have?

And as my betting predictions are always wrong, I'm still backing the baggy greens!
it's 173 overs they need to survive.

Surely even we can't **** this up?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:51 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

it's 173 overs they need to survive.

Surely even we can't **** this up?
You'd hope not wouldn't you

However this is England we're talking about...

Having said that, I am getting worried, Aussies are ahead of the run rate and haven't lost a wicket.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
You'd hope not wouldn't you

However this is England we're talking about...

Having said that, I am getting worried, Aussies are ahead of the run rate and haven't lost a wicket.
24/1
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

24/1
Is that the latest score - or the odds against Oz surviving the day........??
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Dean
Is that the latest score - or the odds against Oz surviving the day........??

WICKET - Watson lbw Anderson 20 (Aus 24-1)
It just had to be. Shane Watson, the man whose pads are permanently in front of the stumps, is trapped by that lbw hunter James Anderson. Nipping back in, Watson's defensive shot is defeated. It looks plumb and, after an eternity, Marais Erasmus raises the finger. The biggest surprise? Watson doesn't review.

Fall of wicket: 24-1 (Watson 20)
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

WICKET - Watson lbw Anderson 20 (Aus 24-1)
It just had to be. Shane Watson, the man whose pads are permanently in front of the stumps, is trapped by that lbw hunter James Anderson. Nipping back in, Watson's defensive shot is defeated. It looks plumb and, after an eternity, Marais Erasmus raises the finger. The biggest surprise? Watson doesn't review.

Fall of wicket: 24-1 (Watson 20)
How many times has that wanker been caught out lbw . Are his feet made of concrete , he's got the mobility of a phone box .

Ordinary
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:16 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

32/2 - well that's the openers out.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

From the BBC Sport website:

31.16% of Shane Watson's Test dismissals have been lbw - more than any other batsman in Test history (minimum 70 dismissals). Ten out of his 18 Ashes dismissals have been lbw (55.55%).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.