The Ashes

Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:46 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Ashes

Right here we go for round two, starts in just over 3 hours.

England unchanged - should Finn have been dropped?

Aussies, Ryan Harris and Usman Khawaja in and Mitchell Starc and Ed Cowan out.

Lords, the home of cricket, great weather forecast, how I wish I was there.

Predictions please?

England to bowl first and win. (So that's England to bat first and lose then knowing my brilliant predictions).
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kix

Predictions please?

England to bowl first and win. (So that's England to bat first and lose then knowing my brilliant predictions).
Quite surprised that Finn is still in the team. Can only think it is because he has bowled well previously at Lord's and has a good record. He will be targeted by the Aussies though and if he has another bad test he has to be dropped for the next test.

Prediction is for England to bowl first and win by 5 wickets.

Had a look on viagogo for ticket prices and they were £400 per day last week!
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix

Predictions please?

Finn - Tough. Not good enough to stand deep in the field not paying attention. It comfortable cost 2-3 runs. Not good enough bowling.

Do you take him out and take a chance on Onions or Bresnan? Surely Finn will have had a kick up the arse and maybe come out all guns blazing?
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:56 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Scamp
Finn - Tough. Not good enough to stand deep in the field not paying attention. It comfortable cost 2-3 runs. Not good enough bowling.

Do you take him out and take a chance on Onions or Bresnan? Surely Finn will have had a kick up the arse and maybe come out all guns blazing?
I'm hoping Finn will, if he's passionate about playing for England, then I'm sure he will.

Just read this:-

Australia have a strong record at Lord's and have only lost once at the ground since 1934.

Records are there to be broken!

Last edited by Kix; Jul 18th 2013 at 7:00 am.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd stick with Finn for this one but test bowlers need to bowl decent line and length .

It's the yardstick of test cricket . Hope he comes good because he's the quickest .
If the Aussies lose they'll implode . Clark and Watson despise each other .

Not a happy camp .
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I'd stick with Finn for this one but test bowlers need to bowl decent line and length .

It's the yardstick of test cricket . Hope he comes good because he's the quickest .
If the Aussies lose they'll implode . Clark and Watson despise each other .

Not a happy camp .
WE need Finn to step up. Broad is ****ing horrifically average and only in the test side because he's bum chums with the two who lead it - Swann and Anderson.

We cannot rely on Jimmy and Swann to take all the wickets.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

WE need Finn to step up. Broad is ****ing horrifically average and only in the test side because he's bum chums with the two who lead it - Swann and Anderson.

We cannot rely on Jimmy and Swann to take all the wickets.
It's who steps up that's the problem , i agree with your point but do you think Onions or Bresnan are better ?

Broad can get better with the ball and arguably by not walking won the first test . Remember he's no rabbit with the willow
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:26 am
Account Closed

It's who steps up that's the problem , i agree with your point but do you think Onions or Bresnan are better ?

Broad can get better with the ball and arguably by not walking won the first test . Remember he's no rabbit with the willow
Problem with Broad is that his figures are not good enough to match the expectations that he is the future all-rounder / Flintoff:

Tests 58
Ave 25.21
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix

TOSS
England win the toss and will bat first.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Why won't they listen to us?

ENGLAND TEAM NEWS
England have announced one change, with Tim Bresnan replacing Steven Finn from the side which won at Trent Bridge.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Problem with Broad is that his figures are not good enough to match the expectations that he is the future all-rounder / Flintoff:

Tests 58
Ave 25.21
I agree he's never an all rounder , he's a strike bowler who should also be looking to make 30 plus runs per innings .

He's not good enough to bat further down , he's got the technique of a Serbian bodyguard .
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:33 am
Account Closed

I agree he's never an all rounder , he's a strike bowler who should also be looking to make 30 plus runs per innings .

He's not good enough to bat further down , he's got the technique of a Serbian bodyguard .

Well, I suppose instead of moaning about him I should just cheer on his bowling and understand his batting limitations....just like KP. He should get either 3 or 100.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:52 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Not the best of starts - 3/28, Cook, Root & Peterson....
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

If the Aussies lose they'll implode . Clark and Watson despise each other .Not a happy camp .
I hope you are proved wrong.

C'mon you Aussies
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Cook, Root & Peterson....
Better than, Eats Roots & Leaves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.