The Ashes

Old Dec 17th 2013, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
so many stupid dismissals. Austrailia have played well but they are not a world class team but we have thrown away our wicket on far to many occasions.

Prior, KP and Swann have all really really struggled.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Backinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Citizen View Post
so many stupid dismissals. Austrailia have played well but they are not a world class team but we have thrown away our wicket on far to many occasions.

Prior, KP and Swann have all really really struggled.
I dreamt last night that we won it off the last ball with a wide from Mitch - oh how my dreams were shattered this morning.......
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Graeme Swann has retired with immediate effect.

Really feels like the end of an era for the England Cricket team.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Graeme Swann has retired with immediate effect...
On first impressions, it seems very cowardly. Why not wait until the end of the series? Rather late to get a replacement. First Trott and now Swann. Who is next, Bellers?
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mentalist View Post
On first impressions, it seems very cowardly. Why not wait until the end of the series? Rather late to get a replacement. First Trott and now Swann. Who is next, Bellers?
I agree.

I think KP will retire at the end of the series as well.

Really hope Bell stays though.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 8:39 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.

I think KP will retire at the end of the series as well.

Really hope Bell stays though.
I hope KP does retire and Cook loses the captaincy.

Time for Broady to step up and we start again.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76 View Post

Wouldn't be the worse idea.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 8:48 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist View Post
Some underlying problems behind closed doors? Looks like there may be more to this, and leaving before end of the series suggests to me some of the players are seriously pissed off.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 9:20 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
Some underlying problems behind closed doors? Looks like there may be more to this, and leaving before end of the series suggests to me some of the players are seriously pissed off.
I have to agree with that, problems at the top at a guess?
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
He says that his body can't take much more. FFS he is a gentle off-spin bowler! If it was Jimmy Anderson I could understand. Swanny has gone right down in my estimation. Like you said, there must be more to this than meets the eye. It does make English cricketers look even more pathetic than ever right now and a proper explanation is justified.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 2:32 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Bad idea. Broad is bang average.

Bell for captain and to bat at 3.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 9:26 am
Shark Fisherman

Bad idea. Broad is bang average.

Bell for captain and to bat at 3.
You have to remember there was serious question marks over Bell before last summers ashes and he has done nothing this time around. At 31 its not really looking to the future?
Old Dec 24th 2013, 2:11 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

You have to remember there was serious question marks over Bell before last summers ashes and he has done nothing this time around. At 31 its not really looking to the future?
Fair.

Leave it with Cook then.
Old Dec 24th 2013, 2:46 pm
Shark Fisherman

Fair.

Leave it with Cook then.
But Cook is clueless as captain.........And it is effecting his batting now.

**** knows what to do!
Old Dec 25th 2013, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Bit harsh on Cook............. he lost the toss in each of the three Tests so far - might have been different if he had won them, and Eng had batted first in each one?

I read somewhere that Cook has played more times for Eng (since his debut in March 2006) than he has for Essex, his county. That cannot be justified - maybe he just needs a break, to belt a few big 100s off the bowling of Derbyshire and Somerset, etc......... get his form back that way. Too good a batsman to discard - he will have broken all Eng records by the time he retires (most runs, most 100s, etc).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.