The Ashes

Old Aug 11th 2013, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by Kix View Post
Like it, and as he's a Sikh alcohol is not banned in his religion.
You can say that again!

I was best man at a Sikh wedding.... 5 nights of hammeredness!

The Sikh religion's pretty reasonable and is probably the one that fits in best with others.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
You can say that again!

I was best man at a Sikh wedding.... 5 nights of hammeredness!

The Sikh religion's pretty reasonable and is probably the one that fits in best with others.
Fascinating to hear Tommy Robinson of the English Defence League recently praising the Sikh community - 'we have a tremendous rapport and relationship with them'.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
Fascinating to hear Tommy Robinson of the English Defence League recently praising the Sikh community - 'we have a tremendous rapport and relationship with them'.
I hadn't heard that.

It is true tho. Sikhs are very easy going in terms of their religion and integrating with others. Other than the lack of hair chopping they are pretty relaxed all in all.

I have several British Asian mates and the Brit Sikhs and Brindians are top draw.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 12:36 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Well, what can u say, 5 wickets down before lunch and a lead of only 32.

This has all the makings of a great match.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

'On current form, Ian Bell is the best batsman in the world'. Discuss.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that. Hats off to Stuart Broad.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:16 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by mentalist View Post
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that. Hats off to Stuart Broad.
Nor was I, I left the bar I was watching the game in when they were something like 150/2 fully expecting to see the finish today.

Moral of the story is, don't leave a bar.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:07 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

I never thought this one could get interesting but....

We bowl them out and bed 220 or so in 40 overs?

Game on.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:33 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

227 from 44 overs?

Mystic Meg here.

Fair play to Clarke for giving a game of it.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 5:35 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Fair play to Clarke for 'making a game of it' although he had zero ****ing choice really.

But I wonder if he'd have been such a complete **** to the umpires if we were 100-9 with 5 overs left?

Would Starc have pulled out of deliveries? Bowled dodgy wides? Unlikely.

Still, who really gives a ****, 3-0.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

we getting this thread going again?

Aus are 195-6 with Broad getting 4.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:05 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievably just seen a message on TMS saying that we're not a top side because we can't finish teams off.

Haddin and Johnson aren't actually bad batsmen....we'll get there...
Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Unbelievably just seen a message on TMS saying that we're not a top side because we can't finish teams off.

Haddin and Johnson aren't actually bad batsmen....we'll get there...
We are playing in Australia and have them on the ropes and some people will still find a reason to moan!

And another one goes!!!
Old Nov 21st 2013, 7:31 am
WWLLCJD?

Close of play, 273-8
Old Nov 21st 2013, 7:58 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

And it looks like Australia are still experimenting with the inverted batting line up tactic they first trialed this summer.

(From TMS).

Broad is certainly having the last laugh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.