The Ashes

Old Aug 4th 2013, 5:38 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Ashes

We need what,35 runs or so to draw the test as the prospect of loads or rain today and tomorrow will make 4 full innings pretty much impossible.

As for the Pieterson comment, wasn't it the Aussies who rushed through citizenship of some Pakistani guy recently so that he could play for the floppys?

Bad losers you lot.

One scenario, we get to 340, Australia can't force the follow on and MUST win to keep the ashes alive, will they forfeit their entire innings in a bid to win? Then England play a one day innings and win!

I'd love that ending.

Last edited by Kix; Aug 4th 2013 at 5:42 am.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
As for the Pieterson comment, wasn't it the Aussies who rushed through citizenship of some Pakistani guy recently so that he could play for the floppys?
Gave him refugee status you mean?
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:14 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
Semantics....
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

You showed pity on him.......... until you found out he could play a bit........
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone see Trott's dismissal (caught by Clarke at second slip)?

Clarke clearly caught the ball cleanly but simultaneously, on trying to regain his balance after his diving catch, rubbed it along the ground while holding it. 'Not Out' I thought..............
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Did anyone see Trott's dismissal (caught by Clarke at second slip)?

Clarke clearly caught the ball cleanly but simultaneously, on trying to regain his balance after his diving catch, rubbed it along the ground while holding it. 'Not Out' I thought..............
yeah a tricky one, what I read from another forum is:

"A catch starts from the time when the ball comes into contact with some part of a fielder’s person other than a protective helmet, and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control both over the ball and over his own movement."

Subjective call from the umpire on whether the catcher had control over his movement.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Game on.

Now it will be a quick 2 one-day matches, weather permitting
Old Aug 4th 2013, 12:10 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Game on.

Now it will be a quick 2 one-day matches, weather permitting
With the Aussies now on 183/1 at lunch.

As you say, game on.

What do you expect a declaration at? I would tentatively suggest 280-300 so that even if there is some inclement weather Australia still have a shout of a win. Anything more than that will have a draw all over it.

Surely Clark will want a full day tomorrow to bowl?
Old Aug 4th 2013, 1:04 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
With the Aussies now on 183/1 at lunch.

As you say, game on.

What do you expect a declaration at? I would tentatively suggest 280-300 so that even if there is some inclement weather Australia still have a shout of a win. Anything more than that will have a draw all over it.

Surely Clark will want a full day tomorrow to bowl?
Would agree with that, think Aussies will bat till tea time and as you say declare at around 300 to try to bowl England out.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:08 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by rowell
Would agree with that, think Aussies will bat till tea time and as you say declare at around 300 to try to bowl England out.
262/4, if it's anything like the first innings, Clark will give his batsmen 20 minutes or so after tea. I would guess that would put them on around the 300-310 mark.

if he does, it's game on. England could still win this!
Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:13 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
262/4, if it's anything like the first innings, Clark will give his batsmen 20 minutes or so after tea. I would guess that would put them on around the 300-310 mark.

if he does, it's game on. England could still win this!
137 for 5 at the minute a lead of 296 and early T due to rain

Last edited by rowell; Aug 4th 2013 at 2:38 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:38 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Tea is 294/4 - in effect. I'll stand by my 20-30 minutes after tea, Aus will try to get 350 in that time, I reckon it'll be nearer 330.

333 the run chase anyone?
Old Aug 4th 2013, 3:30 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Bad light stops play? Don't they have flood lights?

Anyway surely Clark must declare now, they have a lead of 331. 28 or so overs today and 90 (I think) tomorrow and he MUST win!

Last edited by Kix; Aug 4th 2013 at 3:36 pm. Reason: Can't add up!
Old Aug 4th 2013, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Kix
Bad light stops play? Don't they have flood lights?

Anyway surely Clark must declare now, they have a lead of 331. 28 or so overs today and 90 (I think) tomorrow and he MUST win!
Flood lights were on, Clark was trying to state his case to keep playing but to no avail, they could in theory play till half 7 tonight but Radio 5 reckon the way things look that will beit for the day, with rain forecast for tomorrow, however if play goes ahead then should be a good days cricket.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 3:52 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Indeed, the umpires said to England that they could only bowl spin (which they declined) so what if Australia declare and tell the umpires they want to open the bowling with (spinners) Nathan Lyon and Steve Smith?

Can they do that?

(From BBC and TMS, not my question).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.