The Ashes

Old Dec 2nd 2013, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by Scamp
Met a nice one.

Yesterday at Sevens. She was pleasant, had the standard Aussie shit banter but was a decent person to talk to. Married to an English bloke as well.
When I was a young single bloke I always found Aussie women very errr friendly and direct. If you were looking for a friendly and direct woman, bars full of Aussies would usually do the trick.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

I agree with The Dean on this point regarding the term POM as "prisoner of motherland" in that the convicts were better off living in the clean unpolluted air and sunshine of Australia compared to their countrymen in squalled conditions of overcrowded, damp and miserable England.

The pomegranate thing sounds like something Bongoman2 was told by someone who didn't really know, or his Mum, as a childhood explanation of an insult.

Don't assume all Australians are descended from convicts. The refined gentle folk of South Australia were all freeman who came out to settle of their own volition.

The other thing is not to assume that all Australians are "sport nuts", there are many of us who don't give a toss about the cricket, football or rugby and take exception to the assumption that we all love sport. For too many generations far too much attention is paid to those who demonstrate a sporting ability and very little to those who might be academically minded. This is reflected throughout the education system and society. Consequently, Australia is facing a massive "brain-drain" as all our really clever people leave the country for better opportunities overseas where they can get recognition, better pay and funding for their great ideas.

It's a great place to live but it's become too expensive as the tax system is designed to support those who don't give a damn about working for a living and don't contribute anything meaningful toward society, even their offspring are replicants with the same mindset - we have generations of unemployable people.

Any citizen with any sense will get their education and get out of the place as fast as they can. Then they can join the likes of you good folk earning the big bucks - well that's what I hope for my kids. After all, they'll have to support me when the time comes.

Steps off soap box now.

OMG Ronnie Biggs, it was THAT generation if Aussie bird who made it a nightmare for me to travel through Europe as a young girl without every male assuming I was "easy"!!

Last edited by Work Widow; Dec 3rd 2013 at 7:36 pm. Reason: Clarification
Old Dec 7th 2013, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

If you are just waking up, DO NOT look at the score.......... in particular, do NOT watch it on the telly............

[I can tell you that a second rate fast-ish bowler has taken three England wickets in one maiden over]
Old Dec 7th 2013, 5:54 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Can we have this thread deleted?
Old Dec 7th 2013, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Getting a bit embarrassing now!
Old Dec 8th 2013, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

What a bunch of muppets. Let's get Brearley back in to sort this lot out....
Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

very quiet in here!

But why the hell is Broad playing a hook shot in the first over. Did he not realise what the plan for the day was. Seriously idiotic play.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez, they didn't put up much a fight did they?

Heres hoping the Poms can at least get one decent innings for the series, nah screw it, I hope the Aussies wipe the floor with this whingeing mob.

Terrible winner that I am .
Old Dec 9th 2013, 7:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bongoman2

Heres hoping the Poms can at least get one decent innings for the series, nah screw it, I hope the Aussies wipe the floor with this whingeing mob.

We are probably going to lose 5-0 unless something drastic changes.

Still, a draw this weekend and two wins for us means we keep the Ashes. But I think that's unlikely.

Michael Clarke is finally being backed up by a team that he deserves. He's a MUCH better captain than Cook, more aggressive, more controlled, better fields. I felt sorry for him in the summer.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

3-2 we're gonna win 3-2, we're gonna win 3-2
Old Dec 9th 2013, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I felt sorry for him in the summer.
What do you mean? Its summer now.

Or do you mean an english Summer? or as we call it, "less rainy & dreary"
Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

What do you mean? Its summer now.

Or do you mean an english Summer? or as we call it, "less rainy & dreary"
I haven't seen an English summer in 3 years so can't possibly comment, but yes, the English summer.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I can accept losing to a 'better' team, but to lose to this lot really sticks in the gullet (to such an extent that I am even tempted to say England can still salvage a drawn series)........ if you were picking a 'Best Anglo-Ocker XI' before the series began, it would have included at least eight England players, but they seem completely devoid of confidence now. Look at the world-class players who have been AWOL: Cook, Trott (literally), KP (up to a point), Prior, Swann, Anderson. Broad - jury still out despite today's shot (for which he should be).

And while I'm on it - has there ever been a couple of Test matches in which the toss has had so much influence?
Old Dec 17th 2013, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

please not 5-0.

At least Stokes looks promising.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 5:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
please not 5-0.

At least Stokes looks promising.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.