The Ashes

Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by Kix
As my previous post stated - you mr aussie is the Pom, not us English.
You are still reading the usage of the word wrong. It relates to the rosy cheeked immigrant who looks like a pomegranate, UNTIL he has been taken into the fold and can drop the moniker.

E.g
1. My father-in-law was a ten pound pom, arrived from blighty in 1968. Recently became an Aussie citizen. he is no longer a Pom.
2. The visiting Barmy Army, who look like pomegranates after a few hours in a long hot Aussie summer before they fly back to their cold wet miserable Isle. They are Poms
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:49 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
You are still reading the usage of the word wrong. It relates to the rosy cheeked immigrant who looks like a pomegranate, UNTIL he has been taken into the fold and can drop the moniker.

E.g
1. My father-in-law was a ten pound pom, arrived from blighty in 1968. Recently became an Aussie citizen. he is no longer a Pom.
2. The visiting Barmy Army, who look like pomegranates after a few hours in a long hot Aussie summer before they fly back to their cold wet miserable Isle. They are Poms
so only UK people who go to Aus are poms then? Fair comment. So Scamp (who has never been) and me (who went reluctantly one July for a week - it rained), are not.

Your use of English is somewhat lacking.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
so only UK people who go to Aus are poms then?
No. You are all bloody whinging Poms. How many times do I need to tell you?
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:53 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't give a shit if she gave me a parking ticket, Fine paid.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:57 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

No. You are all bloody whinging Poms. How many times do I need to tell you?
How can someone (no matter where they are from) who has never set foot in your backward country be called a pom?

Stick to barbies, having said that even the South Africans do it better than you lot.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
How can someone (no matter where they are from) who has never set foot in your backward country be called a pom?

Stick to barbies, having said that even the South Africans do it better than you lot.
Just call them Felons and be done with it.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kix
Because when you stepped off that Emirates A380 and set foot into the 40+ degrees, you looked like a damned pomegranate, whether in Australia, Dubai, or Kuala Lumpur. Kapish?
Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Okay, Okay, I had better stop the sledging now or else you might be getting all tetchy and flounce back home.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:14 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Just call them Felons and be done with it.
I prefer Scamp's term - shackle-draggers...
Old Nov 30th 2013, 2:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Met a nice one.

Yesterday at Sevens. She was pleasant, had the standard Aussie shit banter but was a decent person to talk to. Married to an English bloke as well.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Met a nice one.

Yesterday at Sevens. She was pleasant, had the standard Aussie shit banter but was a decent person to talk to. Married to an English bloke as well.
Hallelujah.

Now all you need do is meet an Aussie bloke to whom you don't take an instant dislike the minute he opens his mouth. Evidently that's the challenge according the cultural experts on this bored.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 5:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
Hallelujah.

Now all you need do is meet an Aussie bloke to whom you don't take an instant dislike the minute he opens his mouth. Evidently that's the challenge according the cultural experts on this bored.
Yeah. I think it will be.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 7:21 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Scamp
Met a nice one.

I bet she was drunk.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 7:38 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been to Oz and I don't turn red in the sun. Am I Pom?
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

This 'Pom is short for pomegranate' stuff is garbage - I have never heard that before.

Everyone I know assumes it is a reverse-knock on the English always teasing Aussies about being former convicts etc - a POM is thus a 'Prisoner Of Motherland' (i.e. stuck in England).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.