The Ashes

Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
Aussies and Kiwis are no more racist than any other western country. It exists, for sure, but like any nation of immigrants they are careful these days to at least try and dispel latent beliefs based on race. Unless we're talking about One Nation party members of course....

Nah, when people don't like you on sight even though they can converse with you, look a bit like you and have the same values/belief system as you - it's not because of your passport.
So it's my appearance then?? Oh well that's OK then..............
Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Anybody who writes off an entire nation of people the way you have must clearly have a chip on their shoulder Scamp. It doesn't take much to imagine how, the minute you discover somebody is Australian, your social interaction changes (perhaps unconsciously) to exhibit your prejudices. All I'm suggesting is that you've never found an Aussie you like because you've never been a person any Aussie could like - why would they when it's so clear you have such antipathy for them?
Are you Australian?

A chip on my shoulder about what, though? I've never been to the country, I just don't like the people I've met from there. That is a really, really simple statement based on fact.

You're making it all a bit chicken/egg though...

I haven't written off an entire nation, I've clearly stated I'm yet to meet one I like. Huge difference.

I'm not sure why you think my dislike for some people I've met means that I can't simply judge someone on face value. I have a belief that I'll not like or dislike anyone at first impressions because you don't know yet. I'll cast a judgement and more often than not I'm right as to whether I like or dislike someone...but it can take time to work out if you'll get on well with someone.

What the other person thinks is up to them, I don't really care. If I don't like you I don't expect you to be falling over yourself to talk to me or have a laugh. We're just not people that will be anything more than pleasant and polite to each other. What's wrong with that?

Surely saying that I'm a person that the entire nation of Aussies couldn't like is you doing exactly what you're moaning at me for doing?
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Are you Australian?

A chip on my shoulder about what, though? I've never been to the country, I just don't like the people I've met from there. That is a really, really simple statement based on fact.

I haven't written off an entire nation, I've clearly stated I'm yet to meet one I like. Huge difference.

I'm not sure why you think my dislike for some people I've met means that I can't simply judge someone on face value. I have a belief that I'll not like or dislike anyone at first impressions because you don't know yet. I'll cast a judgement and more often than not I'm right as to whether I like or dislike someone...but it can take time to work out if you'll get on well with someone.

What the other person thinks is up to them, I don't really care. If I don't like you I don't expect you to be falling over yourself to talk to me or have a laugh. We're just not people that will be anything more than pleasant and polite to each other. What's wrong with that?

Surely saying that I'm a person that the entire nation of Aussies couldn't like is you doing exactly what you're moaning at me for doing?
See Scamp, you should really follow my lead. I dislike absolutely everyone regardless of their nationality, colour, creed, religion, shoe size, ethnicity, racial outlook, political views, age etc etc. I then work from there back.

Saying that I do absolutely despise some other folk more tho, however, that's solely reserved for paedos (the Watkins bloke in particular - WTF) and people who are cruel to animals. Oh and parking wardens!
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
See Scamp, you should really follow my lead. I dislike absolutely everyone regardless of their nationality, colour, creed, religion, shoe size, ethnicity, racial outlook, political views, age etc etc. I then work from there back.

Saying that I do absolutely despise some other folk more tho, however, that's solely reserved for paedos (the Watkins bloke in particular - WTF) and people who are cruel to animals. Oh and parking wardens!
Parking Wardies are people too you know....
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

And you have proof of this...?
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
And you have proof of this...?
No, I now just feel sorry for them. Since moving here I wish there were parking wardens in my apartment block instead of hopeless security guards who do the square root of **** all useful and simply create issues when they aren't needed....like needing a signed form from the management company to allow removals guy in the building to move me from one apartment to another, 16 floors down.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Are you Australian?

Fine. I just think you have made "I don't like Aussies" such a mantra for yourself (at least two threads I can think of, and probably more) that now you never will. You'd have to reassess your belief system which gets harder to do the more you back yourself into a corner.

Perhaps one day you'll come onto the bored and let us all know when you finally meet one you actually like?
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:59 am
Account Closed

Fine. I just think you have made "I don't like Aussies" such a mantra for yourself (at least two threads I can think of, and probably more) that now you never will. You'd have to reassess your belief system which gets harder to do the more you back yourself into a corner.

Perhaps one day you'll come onto the bored and let us all know when you finally meet one you actually like?
When I meet one, I will. I won't be able or willing to make my statement.

I don't agree with your first point at all. But what difference does that make? You've already made a judgement.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 9:05 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

When I meet one, I will. I won't be able or willing to make my statement.

I don't agree with your first point at all. But what difference does that make? You've already made a judgement.
I definitely recall you saying Mrs Scamp is a pom, or was it a tom, maybe a mom? I don't really recall.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 9:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
I definitely recall you saying Mrs Scamp is a pom, or was it a tom, maybe a mom? I don't really recall.
Pom - nope
tom - not sure what you're getting at...
mom - not that I know of.

What I probably told you, is that she's a very lucky girl.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 10:32 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie birds are alright though Scamp? Its just the males that are utter ****tards.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie parking wardens
Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Its just the males that are utter ****tards.
I think we've worked ourselves back to the origin of this argument.
Aussies are arrogant when they win, which they seem to have a great history of doing over the Poms.

And yes Aussie birds are alright, nothing against pommy birds though, some of those can be alright too. #coveredallbases
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
Tick.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:24 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
I think we've worked ourselves back to the origin of this argument.
Aussies are arrogant when they win, which they seem to have a great history of doing over the Poms.

And yes Aussie birds are alright, nothing against pommy birds though, some of those can be alright too. #coveredallbases
As my previous post stated - you mr aussie is the Pom, not us English.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.