The Ashes

Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
I hope you are proved wrong.

C'mon you Aussies
No surprises that the Aussie fan has been silent for days and perks up now.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:05 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

(My FB Status)

So England won the test and elected to collapse? ‪#‎Ashes‬
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
for sure mate
To be honest I don't come here as often during the quiet periods i.e Ramadan
Now that I know you bunch of galahs are in here I might swing by a bit more often.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
for sure mate
To be honest I don't come here as often during the quiet periods i.e Ramadan
Now that I know you bunch of galahs are in here I might swing by a bit more often.
The irony of an Aussie using that.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
(My FB Status)
So England won the test and elected to collapse? ‪#‎Ashes‬
Did you mean to say "won the toss", matey?
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:31 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by mentalist
Did you mean to say "won the toss", matey?
Bugger - yep!
Old Jul 19th 2013, 10:02 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Well that was a good start, Bresnan out first ball of the day.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Well that was a good start, Bresnan out first ball of the day.
.......... and he might be out again to the last ball of the day....... watch this space.......
Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
.......... and he might be out again to the last ball of the day....... watch this space.......
What a ceazy day of cricket that was. The Swann dismissal of Rogers was laughable. Should be an easy England victory even if they are dismissed for less than 175 in their second innings. The pitch will deteriorate and another five-for is likely from Swanners and/or Jimmy.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 8:34 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Interesting you should say that, I can't recall a game when both the first and last balls of the day were wickets.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Interesting you should say that, I can't recall a game when both the first and last balls of the day were wickets.
All sorts of notable statistics.......... both openers in both teams out LBW in the first innings (a first, I think) ......... Watson first player to open the batting and the bowling in an Ashes Test since Percy Hornibrook (Google him if you like but it was 1928/29)............ Swann moves into the top ten of the England All-Time Leading Wicket Takers list (kicking Darren Gough out to 11th) .........
Old Jul 20th 2013, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

All sorts of notable statistics.......... both openers in both teams out LBW in the first innings (a first, I think) ......... Watson first player to open the batting and the bowling in an Ashes Test since Percy Hornibrook (Google him if you like but it was 1928/29)............ Swann moves into the top ten of the England All-Time Leading Wicket Takers list (kicking Darren Gough out to 11th) .........
.......... oh, and this from the BBC Sport website:

When Graeme Swann took five wickets yesterday, he became the first England spinner to take five wickets in an innings of an Ashes Test at Lord's in 79 years. The last person to do it was Yorkshire left-arm great Hedley Verity.

Verity took 144 wickets in 40 Test matches, at an average of 24.37, but died fighting for his country in Sicily on 31 July 1943.

There's a good article on the website about him:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23226523

Last edited by The Dean; Jul 20th 2013 at 12:34 pm. Reason: :
Old Jul 20th 2013, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yeah, I'll just go ahead and pipe right down now.
What a day yesterday. I switched off just as the Poms came in to bat thinking that there wouldnt be any action and they'd see the end of play with no wickets.

Fair play to England bowling was on the mark, but bloody hell the Aussies just had a shocker of a day
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:30 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

2 days laeft and a lead of 566, no sign of rain.

I think we should bat until tea, let's get the pitch really broken up, have a lead of over 700 and wipe the floor with them and very possibly their biggest test defeat ever.

Mmmmm
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
2 days laeft and a lead of 566, no sign of rain.

I think we should bat until tea, let's get the pitch really broken up, have a lead of over 700 and wipe the floor with them and very possibly their biggest test defeat ever.

Mmmmm
Root to smash 200 and then we'll declare if it's about tea-time.

Swann to take 5 wickets again. All over by the end of today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.