British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Arte Souk this Friday (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/arte-souk-friday-692886/)

Blue Cat Dec 8th 2010 1:50 pm

Re: Arte Souk this Friday

Don't forget it is Arte Souk this weekend. Two day event at Times Square from 12 Noon on both days. I have spend the morning helping out my friend Toffee Princess pack toffee!! come along and get into a festive mode :) and there is the monthly Feline Friends Book Sale too :thumbup:

kittycat1 Dec 8th 2010 2:08 pm

anyone selling curtain poles?

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2010 3:17 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9028678)
anyone selling curtain poles?

:rofl:

lionheart Dec 9th 2010 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9028652)
Don't forget it is Arte Souk this weekend. Two day event at Times Square from 12 Noon on both days.

We went to the Arte Souk last weekend at Dubai Festival City where, much to our surprise, there was also a Feline Friends book stall. We bought some nice bracelets and nice earrings, none of which cost more than Dhs25 and Dhs5 respectively as well as plenty of books for Jasmine. Off to find Santa this weekend.:thumbsup:

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2010 3:41 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9030028)
We went to the Arte Souk last weekend at Dubai Festival City where, much to our surprise, there was also a Feline Friends book stall. We bought some nice bracelets and nice earrings, none of which cost more than Dhs25 and Dhs5 respectively as well as plenty of books for Jasmine. Off to find Santa this weekend.:thumbsup:

this Arte is twice the size of that FC one, 150 tables booked. Santa is at Wafi :thumbup:

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2010 2:36 pm

just a reminder, Arte is tomorrow :)

Blue Cat Jan 11th 2011 11:11 am

It's Arte Souk again this Friday, if anyone is free, it is on at Times Square from 12 Noon til 7 pm :thumbup:

Autonomy Jan 11th 2011 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9093036)
It's Arte Souk again this Friday, if anyone is free, it is on at Times Square from 12 Noon til 7 pm :thumbup:

Are you selling your pork terrines - just curious how you get away with that here?!?!

Also heard that the municipality was getting a bit curious about all the home produce?

Hope not, or at least for some sensible discussion....

Blue Cat Jan 11th 2011 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9093057)
Are you selling your pork terrines - just curious how you get away with that here?!?!

Also heard that the municipality was getting a bit curious about all the home produce?

Hope not, or at least for some sensible discussion....

nope I don't sell them there, but people do collect them from me there as I am working on House of Colour stand. The municipality were at the last event checking the retailers who sold food that wasn't packaged, (I think)

Blue Cat Feb 9th 2011 12:01 pm

Arte is on this Friday at Times Square incase anyone is interested which I know none of you are but there must be lurkers who do as the post count on this thread is high.

Thank you

kittycat1 Feb 9th 2011 7:33 pm

Hiya lovely,

How do I go about getting a stall?

xxx

Blue Cat Feb 10th 2011 2:54 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9165000)
Hiya lovely,

How do I go about getting a stall?

xxx

contact them via www.arte.ae :thumbup:

lionheart Feb 10th 2011 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9164031)
Arte is on this Friday at Times Square incase anyone is interested which I know none of you are but there must be lurkers who do as the post count on this thread is high. Thank you

We only go for the Feline Friends book sales as much of the jewellery and craftwork is (dare I say it) somewhat over-priced. Much cheaper at the Flea Market.

Blue Cat Mar 7th 2011 11:31 am

yes well Lionheart if you think 75 dhs for a hand made necklace is expensive so be it. But for the rest of you Arte is on this weekend, Times Square from 12 noon til 7 pm. The Feline Friends Book sale is on at the same time.

Blue Cat May 9th 2011 5:45 am

Arte, this Friday, Times Square from 12 Noon. Remember there is also the Feline Friends Book sale running at the same time :)