British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Arte Souk this Friday (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/arte-souk-friday-692886/)

Blue Cat Nov 9th 2010 11:16 am

Arte Souk this Friday

It is Arte Souk this Friday. For those of you who are not familiar with Arte it is a craft fair of all things made in the UAE. I will be there will my friend selling jewellery, which is really reasonable starting at 50 dhs. It's a nice afternoon out, there are plenty of cake bakers, sweet makers etc.

www.arte.ae

Friday from 12 Noon at Times Square :thumbup:

Ethos83 Nov 9th 2010 11:28 am

Re: Arte Souk this Friday

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8970674)
It is Arte Souk this Friday. For those of you who are not familiar with Arte it is a craft fair of all things made in the UAE. I will be there will my friend selling jewellery, which is really reasonable starting at 50 dhs. It's a nice afternoon out, there are plenty of cake bakers, sweet makers etc.

www.arte.ae

Sorry. I don't go to Al Quoz.

Blue Cat Nov 9th 2010 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 8970700)
Sorry. I don't go to Al Quoz.

too far away from the luxury of The Greens :rolleyes:

Ethos83 Nov 9th 2010 11:41 am

I can never figure out which exit off Sheikh Zayed to take and end up making ridiculous U-turns and loops.

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8970717)
too far away from the luxury of The Greens :rolleyes:

Blue Cat Nov 9th 2010 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 8970722)
I can never figure out which exit off Sheikh Zayed to take and end up making ridiculous U-turns and loops.

come out of the Greens and hit the SZR, go past MOE, under the flyover and then take the first slip road on the right, the one next to the garden centre, continue straight down and you will come to Times Square

Blue Cat Nov 11th 2010 3:14 am

Just a reminder that it is Arte Souk tomorrow, come down for a browse. My friend Toffee Princess sells wonderful Scottish tablet, I know we have a few Scottish members so come down and get a gift box for Christmas :thumbup:

Millhouse Nov 11th 2010 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8970734)
come out of the Greens and hit the SZR, go past MOE, under the flyover and then take the first slip road on the right, the one next to the garden centre, continue straight down and you will come to Times Square

If it involves me going through a toll then forget it. :eek:

Blue Cat Nov 11th 2010 3:41 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8974640)
If it involves me going through a toll then forget it. :eek:

lol you must be like me, I avoid them like the plague, it has become a challenge. I can get from my place to Times Square and not go anywhere near a toll :thumbup:

Blue Cat Dec 4th 2010 7:36 am

And it's on again this weekend for two days, Friday 10th and Saturday 11th. I will be there with House of Colour Jewellery on the 10th but leave for UK on the 11th. Come down and have a browse, there are some lovely gifts to buy and some fabulous home made cakes and chutneys too, not forgetting my lovely friend Toffee Princess and her home made tablet (special Scottish delicacy).

Times Square, (the one with Sharaf in it), 12 Noon til 7 pm :thumbup:

Meow Dec 4th 2010 7:45 am

Feline Friends are running a booksale in Times Square on both days, 10.00am to 7.00pm.

They will also be selling Christmas cards and their 2011 calendars which are very cute indeed.

:thumbup:

Blue Cat Dec 4th 2010 12:54 pm

we have a couple of very good quality bags to take down to the sale this Friday, always a worthy cause for us feline lovers :thumbup:

rowell Dec 5th 2010 3:56 pm

Im moving Thursday and have a box of what i consider good reads, James Patterson, PD James, Karen Slaughter, Karen Rose, Jeffrey Deaver, Steig Larson, Kathy Reichs, Clive Cusler etc all in good condition, do you need any more for your book sale and where and when can I drop them if so.

Blue Cat Dec 5th 2010 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 9022534)
Im moving Thursday and have a box of what i consider good reads, James Patterson, PD James, Karen Slaughter, Karen Rose, Jeffrey Deaver, Steig Larson, Kathy Reichs, Clive Cusler etc all in good condition, do you need any more for your book sale and where and when can I drop them if so.

no HH sales planned soon so you can drop them off at the Feline friends sale at Times Square on Friday or Saturday from 12 Noon, is that possible? :thumbup:

rowell Dec 6th 2010 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9022551)
no HH sales planned soon so you can drop them off at the Feline friends sale at Times Square on Friday or Saturday from 12 Noon, is that possible? :thumbup:

Yes should be able to make it

Blue Cat Dec 6th 2010 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 9023998)
Yes should be able to make it

great :thumbup:

Blue Cat Dec 8th 2010 1:50 pm

Don't forget it is Arte Souk this weekend. Two day event at Times Square from 12 Noon on both days. I have spend the morning helping out my friend Toffee Princess pack toffee!! come along and get into a festive mode :) and there is the monthly Feline Friends Book Sale too :thumbup:

kittycat1 Dec 8th 2010 2:08 pm

anyone selling curtain poles?

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2010 3:17 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9028678)
anyone selling curtain poles?

:rofl:

lionheart Dec 9th 2010 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9028652)
Don't forget it is Arte Souk this weekend. Two day event at Times Square from 12 Noon on both days.

We went to the Arte Souk last weekend at Dubai Festival City where, much to our surprise, there was also a Feline Friends book stall. We bought some nice bracelets and nice earrings, none of which cost more than Dhs25 and Dhs5 respectively as well as plenty of books for Jasmine. Off to find Santa this weekend.:thumbsup:

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2010 3:41 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9030028)
We went to the Arte Souk last weekend at Dubai Festival City where, much to our surprise, there was also a Feline Friends book stall. We bought some nice bracelets and nice earrings, none of which cost more than Dhs25 and Dhs5 respectively as well as plenty of books for Jasmine. Off to find Santa this weekend.:thumbsup:

this Arte is twice the size of that FC one, 150 tables booked. Santa is at Wafi :thumbup:

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2010 2:36 pm

just a reminder, Arte is tomorrow :)

Blue Cat Jan 11th 2011 11:11 am

It's Arte Souk again this Friday, if anyone is free, it is on at Times Square from 12 Noon til 7 pm :thumbup:

Autonomy Jan 11th 2011 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9093036)
It's Arte Souk again this Friday, if anyone is free, it is on at Times Square from 12 Noon til 7 pm :thumbup:

Are you selling your pork terrines - just curious how you get away with that here?!?!

Also heard that the municipality was getting a bit curious about all the home produce?

Hope not, or at least for some sensible discussion....

Blue Cat Jan 11th 2011 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9093057)
Are you selling your pork terrines - just curious how you get away with that here?!?!

Also heard that the municipality was getting a bit curious about all the home produce?

Hope not, or at least for some sensible discussion....

nope I don't sell them there, but people do collect them from me there as I am working on House of Colour stand. The municipality were at the last event checking the retailers who sold food that wasn't packaged, (I think)

Blue Cat Feb 9th 2011 12:01 pm

Arte is on this Friday at Times Square incase anyone is interested which I know none of you are but there must be lurkers who do as the post count on this thread is high.

Thank you

kittycat1 Feb 9th 2011 7:33 pm

Hiya lovely,

How do I go about getting a stall?

xxx

Blue Cat Feb 10th 2011 2:54 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9165000)
Hiya lovely,

How do I go about getting a stall?

xxx

contact them via www.arte.ae :thumbup:

lionheart Feb 10th 2011 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9164031)
Arte is on this Friday at Times Square incase anyone is interested which I know none of you are but there must be lurkers who do as the post count on this thread is high. Thank you

We only go for the Feline Friends book sales as much of the jewellery and craftwork is (dare I say it) somewhat over-priced. Much cheaper at the Flea Market.

Blue Cat Mar 7th 2011 11:31 am

yes well Lionheart if you think 75 dhs for a hand made necklace is expensive so be it. But for the rest of you Arte is on this weekend, Times Square from 12 noon til 7 pm. The Feline Friends Book sale is on at the same time.

Blue Cat May 9th 2011 5:45 am

Arte, this Friday, Times Square from 12 Noon. Remember there is also the Feline Friends Book sale running at the same time :)

kittycat1 May 10th 2011 7:25 am

I'm coming this week :D

Blue Cat May 10th 2011 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9354246)

:thumbup:

Blue Cat Jun 10th 2011 5:43 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9354246)

today :p

Arte Souk from 12 Noon, Times Square :thumbup: and a Feline Friends book sale at the same time, come down, I will be right next to Toffee Princess :)

kittycat1 Jun 10th 2011 8:29 am

Im coming with a friend this week- be there about 2.30 xxx

Millhouse Jun 10th 2011 8:46 am

I was all set to come BC, but, well, you know, petrol shortage and all that so we decided to go to Al Ain instead.

kittycat1 Jun 10th 2011 3:37 pm

Hi all,

I went along today and must say I was really very impressed- I bought loads- some presents to take home and some bits for my apartment- there's some cool stuff down there that would very happily sit in a cool London market and a really nice find! I can't believe it has taken me so long to go! but will now be making frequent visits. If you haven't been before I would strongly recommend going. Some prices are on the higher side but lots of affordable stuff to and you have to remember this is all handmade not made in china crap so worth it in my opinion!

I bought some art for my walls, some jewelery for gifts (and for me) and a mug and some pretty camels (for gifts but might end up keeping them).

Thanks BC for keeping pushing this and was lovely to meet you

xxx

Blue Cat Jun 10th 2011 4:23 pm

It was lovely to meet you too, Arte doesn't get the praise it deserves, today was an amazing event, with over 100 vendors selling their hand made wares. I got a fab tray!! some shortbread, some Toffee Princess, a new top!! and made some super new friends :thumbup:

jackthehat Jun 11th 2011 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8970674)

www.arte.ae

Just heard the Fifteenth Repeat of the Interview on Dubai Eye! - A Nation Yawns!

Meow Sep 8th 2011 8:16 am

The ARTE Souk is back at Times Square, SZR, from 12-7pm tomorrow (Friday 9th September).

If you aren't brunching it's something different to do on a Friday and there will be masses of stalls, as well as the Feline Friends book sale.

This month there is a new vendor, Well Preserved, selling a range of homemade preserves - jams, jellies, marmalade, relishes and chutneys. If you come along do say hello to me and Mrs Auto ;)

www.facebook.com/wellpreserveddubai

www.arte.ae

:)

kittycat1 Sep 8th 2011 9:14 am

I was coming but a friend is celebrating his birthday so going for lunch, will try and come after though :-) Im sure you'll do well Meow.

I miss the days of doing Portobello market- that used to be fun but bloody hard work- especially getting on the wine at 7am lol (that was fun btw not hard work!)

Do people sell stuff for other people there? for example I make hats- always used to do very well in the UK, did it as a hobby but ended up getting steady business, however here I am not allowed to do any type of second job, even if its a hobby job, if I got caught i'd be sacked :thumbdown: so not worth risking, but if someone else was selling for me it could work. Obviously if anyone from my hr is reading then this is purely thoeretical and I would never do this ever ever EVER. Or does the person that makes the product have to run the stall as well?