Arte Souk this Friday

Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arte Souk this Friday

Originally Posted by Meow
Your 'findings' are wrong. The vast majority of items are made here. Are you sure you were in the right place?
Sorry Meow but I know what I see. Try looking beyond the cake and home made jewellery stalls. To me it doesn't really matter where exactly products are made, but why do people blatantly lie about it?
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:21 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Sorry Meow but I know what I see. Try looking beyond the cake and home made jewellery stalls. To me it doesn't really matter where exactly products are made, but why do people blatantly lie about it?
You really don't what what you see. I can assure you that the vast majority of items are genuinely made in the UAE. The clothing, pottery, signs, preserves, homewares, pictures, candles, cushions etc are made here. (And you really shouldn't accuse people of lying.)

You might find life a bit better if you stopped looking for the negative in everything.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 1:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

If a vendor is found to be selling items not made in the UAE they are asked to not attend future events. There has been the odd one that has go through in the past but as Meow says it is all made in the UAE.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

You really don't what what you see. I can assure you that the vast majority of items are genuinely made in the UAE. The clothing, pottery, signs, preserves, homewares, pictures, candles, cushions etc are made here. (And you really shouldn't accuse people of lying.) You might find life a bit better if you stopped looking for the negative in everything.
There is nothing negative about items being produced in Syria, Lebanon or wherever. At the Xmas Arte Souk, we talked to vendors who openly admitted that the products were made by family or friends back in their home countries. I see nothing wrong with that. My wife also spoke with Kenyans and Tanzanians selling batiks and carvings shipped over, much like Global Village products. Why are you guys denying it? Next time just have a wonder around the hall. We have been going either to the Times Square or DFC events every month for the past few years. Why should we lie about such things? Technically they may be breaking the rules but who actually checks where products are made? Moreover, who really cares?
Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:04 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing negative about items being produced in Syria, Lebanon or wherever. At the Xmas Arte Souk, we talked to vendors who openly admitted that the products were made by family or friends back in their home countries. I see nothing wrong with that. My wife also spoke with Kenyans and Tanzanians selling batiks and carvings shipped over, much like Global Village products. Why are you guys denying it? Next time just have a wonder around the hall. We have been going either to the Times Square or DFC events every month for the past few years. Why should we lie about such things? Technically they may be breaking the rules but who actually checks where products are made? Moreover, who really cares?
People do check, they do care and there are rules. You're the one who was accusing the vendors of lying so what's your problem? You just want something to moan about, don't you?
Old Feb 11th 2013, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe the fridge magnets and 'comedy number plates' sold at the xmas souk where made anywhere but China... especially as I've the exact same crap sold in non-Arte places.

I quite liked Arte - it is like the love child of a jumble sale and a school fate. Only without the parking.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I don't believe the fridge magnets and 'comedy number plates' sold at the xmas souk where made anywhere but China... especially as I've the exact same crap sold in non-Arte places.

I quite liked Arte - it is like the love child of a jumble sale and a school fate. Only without the parking.
That's as maybe, but winding up the stupid. backwards twunt Mentalist is always good for a laugh, as he is he most miserable , cheap, bastard in the UAE. He should have stayed in Jeddah, as he is a humourless, cheapskake money obsessed tighrwad f**khead of the sort who gives Dubai its piss poor reputation.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 10:00 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OleJanx
That's as maybe, but winding up the stupid. backwards twunt Mentalist is always good for a laugh, as he is he most miserable , cheap, bastard in the UAE. He should have stayed in Jeddah, as he is a humourless, cheapskake money obsessed tighrwad f**khead of the sort who gives Dubai its piss poor reputation.
I can only give you a 6 out of 10 rating for that tirade. No bold letters, no capitals, no real venom.

Sorry.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 5:49 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I can only give you a 6 out of 10 rating for that tirade. No bold letters, no capitals, no real venom.

Sorry.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I don't believe the fridge magnets and 'comedy number plates' sold at the xmas souk where made anywhere but China... especially as I've the exact same crap sold in non-Arte places. I quite liked Arte - it is like the love child of a jumble sale and a school fate. Only without the parking.
Thank you. I rest my case.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Dubai doesn't really need the likes of me to give it its piss poor reputation. The chavs on here do it well enough.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 6:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Dubai doesn't really need the likes of me to give it its piss poor reputation. The chavs on here do it well enough.
It's my dream to be the feature of a Daily Mail Dubai special.:fingerscr ossed:
Old Feb 12th 2013, 7:37 am
Concierge

On behalf of Arte if you would like to contact them via [email protected] and inform them of the vendors that you feel are not adhering to the rules.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 8:27 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
On behalf of Arte if you would like to contact them via [email protected] and inform them of the vendors that you feel are not adhering to the rules.

I bet he doesn't. He just likes to moan...
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:00 am
Concierge

I bet he doesn't. He just likes to moan...
I know but let's see if he puts his money where is mouth is, policing Arte is difficult at the best of times but they do try their best. I remember a month when a clothes vendor selling clothes was asked to leave, it was obvious they weren't made in the UAE, I bought a fab scarve of her though, had Made in Indonesia on the tab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.