British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Art Exhibition (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/art-exhibition-529764/)

bectilley Apr 16th 2008 2:15 pm

Art Exhibition

Hey there everyone if you happen to be in or near Al Ain on the 1st May then you are invited to a very exciting event!!!!:D I am having an art exhibition at the Al Ain Rugby club it will be running for one month 1st May-1st June.. the opening will be a night not to be missed. There will be two guitarists followed by a talented Dj. The Rugby club will be offering a drink promotion too.... nothing better than a drink in your hand, great art and soulful music!!!!!! :thumbsup:

So I will look forward to seeing you there May 1st at the Al Ain Rugby Club from 7pm till late!

Blue Cat Apr 16th 2008 2:24 pm

Re: Art Exhibition

sounds fantastic! well done!! post this information on the Al Ain thread too.

;););)

bectilley Apr 16th 2008 2:27 pm

awwwww thanks for that... shall do. :D

Blue Cat Apr 16th 2008 2:28 pm

I shall check out hotel rates, I might just pop up myself, I have a few friends in Al Ain ;)

bectilley Apr 16th 2008 2:30 pm

Sounds great how "good" are those friends hahahah spare bed/ couch???? ;)

Blue Cat Apr 16th 2008 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by bectilley (Post 6218053)
Sounds great how "good" are those friends hahahah spare bed/ couch???? ;)

the are living in the Hilton Hotel permanently!!

bectilley Apr 16th 2008 2:39 pm

well it is a great excuse for a visit... and the Hilton is having a pool party that night you could go there after :D Its all happening in Al Ain!!!! haha

Amazing Grace Apr 16th 2008 2:44 pm

I think I have seen your exhibition advertised with the newsletter for Al Ain that Rachel and Michelle do once a month. Hopefully we will be there to look at your art. DH and I are actually having the pool party at house house which is AkA Al Ain Hilton so lots of people will be there:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bectilley Apr 18th 2008 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6218016)
sounds fantastic! well done!! post this information on the Al Ain thread too.

;););)

hey there where is the al ain thread???? :)

bectilley Apr 18th 2008 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace (Post 6218120)
I think I have seen your exhibition advertised with the newsletter for Al Ain that Rachel and Michelle do once a month. Hopefully we will be there to look at your art. DH and I are actually having the pool party at house house which is AkA Al Ain Hilton so lots of people will be there:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ohhh I hope you do make it that would be fabulous. I believe the pool party is starting later this time... so that would be perfect art drink music dj AND a pool party!!!! what a fun night :) I am in the process of organising a VERY big group to go to the pool party after my opening... how exciting!!!!!!!! Hope to see you there. :)

Blue Cat Apr 18th 2008 8:59 am

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457411

Hilton is coming in at 450 dhs a night, will check with hubby when he gets back and let you know. I saw Amazing Grace yesterday and she is definately coming.

Inselaffen Apr 18th 2008 5:52 pm

Am planning a couple of nights at the Mercure in Al Ain around then. But don't think I'll be leaving the room much ;)

BangleMan Apr 18th 2008 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6229334)
Am planning a couple of nights at the Mercure in Al Ain around then. But don't think I'll be leaving the room much ;)

Wont they be giving you a key then ?

Blue Cat Apr 19th 2008 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6229334)

just as well the food is crap :p

bectilley May 1st 2008 2:34 am

Hi, just a reminder Colours of Arabia art exhibition is on TONIGHT from
7pm at the Al Ain Rugby Club. Please come along and say hi and don't
forget to sign the guest book!!!!! I put the paintings up last night
and they look FABULOUS....not to mention there will be two guitarists
and a dj entertaining us. :) See you there!