Arrived in Dubai!

Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:45 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrived in Dubai!

Originally Posted by Myusernamewastaken
Did he tell you the same thing the second time you called him? In that case maybe he is telling the truth about not having a female only flatshare but advertises something that can't be offered as a way to get phone calls to have people to look at other apartments.
You mean agents and landlords do that kind of thing to get more calls? No way...
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

You mean agents and landlords do that kind of thing to get more calls? No way...
Someone had to tell her.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Yesterday I rang someone on Dubizzle, 'Mr Landlord', because he had an advert for a girls only flatshare. When I rang him he said it had *just* gone but he could show me a masterbed+ensuite in a mixed flatshare in the Marina, which turned out to be lovely. He told me I would be hard pressed to find a girls only apartment and that he has none to offer at the moment.
Today I went on Dubizzle and found an advert posted just last night for a masterbed+ensuite in a girls only apt in the same tower, when I rang the number, it was the same landlord! I didn't realise until the very end when I asked for his name and then we hung up, but he must have had my number saved on his phone and knew it was me. Awkward! And what a fibber
A number of your posts seem to highlight your inexperience and innocent naivety (e.g. having to ask if you can have male visitors to visit you and being surprised landlords in Dubai are all a bunch of bvllsh1tting ar$eholes).

Please be VERY aware that all is not necessarily what it seems in the Middle East. People will spin you a yarn readily and without conscience. Forums like this are a useful (and often brutally honest) source of information but please be sure you keep your eyes open and wits about you as a single woman new to Dubai. Do not be lulled into a false sense of security by the apparent 'safety' of the place. Scammers and bvllshitters are commonplace (a pal of mine who is a 8 year veteran was caught up between a landlord and agent in a real estate scam and there was fvck all he could do about it). Do your homework and it's ok (and I would encourage) to be very wary of people and not place trust in them until you're sure.

And remember, if you meet a Mohammed, he won't be any different to all of the rest.... This may not make sense now, but it will in 6 months, especially if you date one.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
...Mohammed, he won't be any different to all of the rest....especially if you date one.
Saff, he's speaking from experience here...
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scamp
Saff, he's speaking from experience here...
Jealously is an ugly trait Scamp
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Why would he fib about not having a female only flatshare available? What am I missing here...
work on the assumption that if he has a tash he's lying

hard on the phone I know but always served me well
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sandboy
work on the assumption that if he has a tash he's lying

hard on the phone I know but always served me well
Easy work around: If they answer the phone "aaaloo?" Then say it again 85 times whilst you're speaking. They're lying or retarded or often both.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Jealously is an ugly trait Scamp
Jealous you probably date men?

Easy work around: If they answer the phone "aaaloo?" Then say it again 85 times whilst you're speaking. They're lying or retarded or often both.
Hahahahahahahahahaha So true.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Jealous you probably date men?
Going around to your mum's because she still cooks your dinner and does your washing doesn't count as dating chicks Scamp
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:26 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You two should get a room.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Meow
Only if you agree to join in and film it Meow
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Only if you agree to join in and film it Meow

Join in? With your boys love-in? I'd be surplus to requirements.

That avatar <--- is a photograph, BTW.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:43 am
Account Closed

Oh come on, I'm only playing with the knobhead.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Join in? With your boys love-in? I'd be surplus to requirements.

That avatar <--- is a photograph, BTW.
A sandwich without meat is just twice slices of bread...
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:46 am
Bored liberal

Oh come on, I'm only playing with the knobhead.

That's exactly why you should get a room...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.