Arrived in Dubai!

Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold
Default Arrived in Dubai!

Got here this evening! Not that it means much to most of you but I feel more of an official expat now.. although, I've only been on Emirati soil for about 4 hours.. so I am a 4 year old expat!
Old Jan 4th 2013, 8:57 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Arrived in Dubai!

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Got here this evening! Not that it means much to most of you but I feel more of an official expat now.. although, I've only been on Emirati soil for about 4 hours.. so I am a 4 year old expat!
And you're not in a bar yet?

Pah, call yourself an expat....
Old Jan 5th 2013, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kix
And you're not in a bar yet?

Pah, call yourself an expat....
I'm afraid I *may* just be the only Brit expat in this city who doesn't drink alcohol.... so no, a bar wasn't my first point of call upon arrival last night!

Saff
Old Jan 5th 2013, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations - hope you settle in ok
Old Jan 5th 2013, 6:56 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

How does that work then? Is it a year for an hour like some biblical punishment?
Old Jan 5th 2013, 7:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

welcome
Old Jan 5th 2013, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fossildog
How does that work then? Is it a year for an hour like some biblical punishment?
hah!

For a second I wondered what the heck you were on about but just realised my mistake there. I blame the travel exhaustion!

Saff
Old Jan 5th 2013, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

Welcome to the Sandpit Saff!
Old Jan 5th 2013, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks guys!
Waking up to a blue sky and sunshine this morning was amazing!
Old Jan 5th 2013, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

thanks guys!
Waking up to a blue sky and sunshine this morning was amazing!
Let us remind you of that in August

Welcome to the UAE! have a great time here.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:43 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the insane sand pit.

You'll have loads more questions, so you know where we are.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks guys! So far I've spent my whole day (my first day in Dubai!) traipsing around JLT/Marina/JBR today viewing flatshares with stops at coffeeshops inbetween (like right now! Carrying my trusty laptop around with me) Seen three apts, and two of them were lovely. Half tempted to go for one *right now* but obviously want to see a few more first.

I guess I've come at the perfect time - great walking weather! There was a flatshare I particularly liked.. based on my limited geographical knowledge of the Marina so far, I think it's a little far out from the action? It's next to the Marriot? Or is that still pretty central?

What about you guys who don't drive - do you find it a pain in the neck having to rely on taxis/metro? I was wondering today, would I totally hate this place in the summer when I need to spend 10 minutes outside the building waiting for a cab
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:51 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Near the Marriot is fine. A couple of our regular posters live nearby. You're wise notot rush into anything. Get your bearings a little first.

Many people rely on cabs/buses/metro and if you are near a hotel, it's usually a good place to pick up a cab. You don't have to rely on ones in the street as you can order them over the phone.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Meow
Near the Marriot is fine. A couple of our regular posters live nearby. You're wise notot rush into anything. Get your bearings a little first.

Many people rely on cabs/buses/metro and if you are near a hotel, it's usually a good place to pick up a cab. You don't have to rely on ones in the street as you can order them over the phone.
AH, good point about hotel/taxi pickup, I didn't consider that as a plus! Cheers
Old Jan 5th 2013, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I love the metro and if i was in an apartment, I would definitely choose to be walking distance to a station.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.