Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Army checkpoints on E44 Road to Hatta closed

Army checkpoints on E44 Road to Hatta closed

Old Nov 24th 2015, 7:35 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Army checkpoints on E44 Road to Hatta closed

Just in case anyone on the bored is planning on travelling to or from Oman I've read that the army checkpoints either side of the Omani enclave at Al Rawdah (just after Madam) are closed and will be, apparently, "for some time". The alternative route is E44 then E55 then E102 (Sharjah - Kalba road) which brings you back to the E44 somewhere round about Masfout I believe
Old Nov 25th 2015, 7:45 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Army checkpoints on E44 Road to Hatta closed

Not directly, but possibly indirectly related, last Friday all Syrian employees of offshore O&G installations were removed and sent to town. Mina Zayed was shut down for 4-5 hrs in the afternoon in preparation of their arrival. They were whisked away very quietly..
Old Nov 29th 2015, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Army checkpoints on E44 Road to Hatta closed

The check points are closed, though of course there's no signaage to let you know, just a couple of blokes on deck chairs making you turn round when you get there.

The drive through the mountains from the Sharjah Kalba Road to Masfout is quite fun though, I'd almost be tempted to go that way anyway for the sake of a more interesting drive.

It's a magnet for imbeciles on power bikes though.