Wikiposts

the armed forces

Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the armed forces

Originally Posted by shiva
itstead of asking a bunch of the bored why not go here
http://www.army.mod.uk/
and here
http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/howdoijoi...s/default.aspx

then specifically here
http://www.army.mod.uk/8478.aspx

and here
http://www.sandhurst.mod.uk/
I looked at those shiva and if you have hours to browse which i cant be bothered to do, I asked my fellow posters who have been in the military and would def have a fast track answer for me?

But thanks for the links!

Last edited by Grace O Malley; Jan 18th 2009 at 5:17 pm. Reason: no need
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

ok he needs to decide what he wants to do, ie infantry officer, intellegence, engineer, vet, helicopter pilot etc.
then get in touch with a recruiter who will explain what he needs to do
see here http://www.armyonline.mod.uk/

oh forgot. Sandhurst is the royal military academy sandhurst in surrey, basically its an officer training school where he will learn military techniques, strategic thinking, leadership training etc ie make him into a soldier. take 1 normal civvie at one end and ex weeks later punt out a junior officer ready to join his regiment
Thanks pet
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:17 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_M...demy_Sandhurst
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:21 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
I looked at those shiva and if you have hours to browse which i cant be bothered to do, I asked my fellow posters who have been in the military and would def have a fast track answer for me?

But thanks for the links!
if your son is serious then you probably want to know EXACTLY what he will go through as it will lessen your fear considerably.
As he finds out whats involved it will either steel his resolve or scare the shite out of him!!!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

if your son is serious then you probably want to know EXACTLY what he will go through as it will lessen your fear considerably.
As he finds out whats involved it will either steel his resolve or scare the shite out of him!!!
Thanks Shiva! As you were!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Just out of interest, I have a friend served in the Royal Marines during Desert Storm. Was able to get all his IT education and training through them and now has a AU$140k+ job working in Western Australia for Citibank as a technical IT security person.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

lol, always have to get your little dig in hey

He is British matey and quite patriotic and no that doesn't bother me at all!
no dig intended (for a change)
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
no dig intended (for a change)
Ah whats wrong, you not in good form at the minute
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:51 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

ask him if he would consider the Royal Navy. If he would consider this i can arrange a little visit to a ship for him maybe in a month or so.

I know im biased but a Royal Naval Officer is a fantastic career.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
ask him if he would consider the Royal Navy. If he would consider this i can arrange a little visit to a ship for him maybe in a month or so.

I think a very good idea, investigating that is, not the Navy
when i was younger i was very interested in joining the RAF (my old man was in it), I joined the Air Cadets, did work experience in RAF, went to lots of events/tatoos, talked to people, all that sort of thing, but in the end I decided that marching, boot cleaning and being told what to do a lot wasnt necessarily for me... Lots of positives tho, whatever rocks yer boat/plane/tank(!) really...
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander

Oh that would be fab Commander, can you do that? Would be brilliant! At least it would give him some insight.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I think a very good idea, investigating that is, not the Navy
when i was younger i was very interested in joining the RAF (my old man was in it), I joined the Air Cadets, did work experience in RAF, went to lots of events/tatoos, talked to people, all that sort of thing, but in the end I decided that marching, boot cleaning and being told what to do a lot wasnt necessarily for me... Lots of positives tho, whatever rocks yer boat/plane/tank(!) really...
ha ha, i think he is trying to get out of going to Uni myself!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

ha ha, i think he is trying to get out of going to Uni myself!
Uni v's the Forces

No contest, tell him "get to Uni young man" and spend two years having an absolute blast and a year thinking b0LL0@#s I need to do some work...

Where is he going?
Old Jan 18th 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Uni v's the Forces

No contest, tell him "get to Uni young man" and spend two years having an absolute blast and a year thinking b0LL0@#s I need to do some work...

Where is he going?

lol, this is the prob, I think he is thinking that Uni is like school!

He is in his first year of A levels, studying, Maths, History, Geography and Business. He will start revising 2 weeks before the exam, thats his usual style oh in between world of warcraft, x box and PS and animee????
Old Jan 18th 2009, 7:08 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Uni v's the Forces

Where is he going?
indeed, or go to uni sponsored by the forces and then get to travel with the forces during the holidays..result..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.