Armani Suit Scam

Old Jul 1st 2013, 10:38 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Armani Suit Scam

Originally Posted by Alex_88
Just a note to let you know that Mr. Fabio Della Valle and his Armani Suit Scam have now arrived in Singapore where he is active in the CBD during lunch time. Guess when it sounds too good to be true it usually is!

Unfortunately I ignored the several red flags and am still not sure how I ended up with a suit from this ***hole. So if you're googling and read this message - it's a scam!
C'mon, let's see some pics...
Old Jan 8th 2014, 10:38 am
Just Joined

DXBDavie has a spectacular aura aboutDXBDavie has a spectacular aura aboutDXBDavie has a spectacular aura about

Fabio Della Valle

Stopped me this afternoon (08 Jan 14) outside Lamcy Plaza, driving a white Kia saloon.

Yep, he gave me his business card.

D.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:31 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

now I really wana meet him
Old Jan 8th 2014, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBDavie
Fabio Della Valle

Stopped me this afternoon (08 Jan 14) outside Lamcy Plaza, driving a white Kia saloon.

Yep, he gave me his business card.

D.
He probably figured that anyone silly enough to be in the vicinity of Lamcy Plaza was stupid enough to fall for his scam......... worst mall ever.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 12:47 am
Just Joined

nickycell is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Armani Suit Scam

I just met this gentleman yesterday. I'm staying at the Marriott Marquis (Dubai) and I was coming back from the gold souk. He asked me for directions to get back in a hurry to the airport explaining he just finished a fashion show. He told me he had some suits, he worked for Armani (gave me his business card) and that he couldn't sell the suits and wanted me to buy a cell phone as gift for his wife as he couldn't "take money" which sounded even more weird (to me).
He was driving a white Audi (I'm pretty sure it was a A6). I told him that I didn't have money and told me don't worry let's go to where you stay at and get from an ATM then you can buy me a mobile phone (so suddenly he started to be less pressed to get to the airport). I told him that I appreciated the offer but no thank you. Unfortunately I tend to think that if it is too good to be true it might be.
Cheers
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Holy F*#@! I just remembered a dark skinned guy driving a nice black car who stopped to ask me for directions in Dubai, when I explained I was lost myself and trying to find some shops we had a little chat, he gathered I wasn't likely to have money to spare, he gave me his card (designer for Armani) and we parted amicably.

I was in the market for a suit too
Old Mar 13th 2014, 5:08 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
I was in the market for a suit too
Just so happens I have an Armani suit for sale, never been worn. Got it from an Armani designer who was 'getting rid' of suits he couldn't take back to Europe. What size are you?
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:35 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Just so happens I have an Armani suit for sale, never been worn. Got it from an Armani designer who was 'getting rid' of suits he couldn't take back to Europe. What size are you?
I want to see this suit mike..................
Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:46 pm

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I want to see this suit mike..................

Old Mar 24th 2014, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it as good as the one you bought in that Oxfam shop next to the Methadone Clinic ?
Old Mar 24th 2014, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Is it as good as the one you bought in that Oxfam shop next to the Methadone Clinic ?
Take more water with it, there's a good chap.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Couple of weeks back, some blokes in an Etisalat van stopped in Garhoud to offer me Toblerone at about 5.30 a.m. Not sure what all that was about.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Standanista
Couple of weeks back, some blokes in an Etisalat van stopped in Garhoud to offer me Toblerone at about 5.30 a.m. Not sure what all that was about.
I see nothing wrong with that! Its the norm here mate. They were just being polite, thats all.

If I had a dirham for everytime a stranger stopped me in the middle of the road at odd times of the day to offer me sweets etc, I probably could buy a few shwarmas with that money!
Old Feb 16th 2015, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I see nothing wrong with that! Its the norm here mate. They were just being polite, thats all.

If I had a dirham for everytime a stranger stopped me in the middle of the road at odd times of the day to offer me sweets etc, I probably could buy a few shwarmas with that money!
I screwed up. I love Toblerone.