arghhh dewa again

Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default arghhh dewa again

OH MY GOD!

Just had my landlord on the blower telling me I owe 1500 aed on my dewa bill- this is driving me mad! Having previously spent 3 hours in the dewa office, being cut off once, sorting all the mess out that some incompetent imbecile has created, I am just about sick to the back teeth of it! ARGGHHH!

My account balance with dewa is settled so surely my landlord cant chase me for any money directly when as far as I am concerned it is all settled - can they?

A very very frustrated kittycat! grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:42 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: arghhh dewa again

Have you seen the bill? If not, don't pay.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:43 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Have you created an online account? You can view your bills and pay online, I have just come back from Qatar and my water was cut off, so I opened an online account so I can check when out of the country. I was without water for 36 hours and they were actually very helpful

Hope you get it sorted, I cant think why your landlord is involved but I have no previous bill probs as the company used to pick up all my bills, so I am not sure.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

i am completely up to date with my bills- basically there is a muppet in my building who was paying my bills for me- he then noticed ( I had been contacting dewa trying to get a bill but they kept telling me my building wasnt registered) so this muppet then noticed and stopped paying- so i went down to dewa and sorted it all out- without killing anyone even though i was tempted. The muppet in question is now demanding money from my landlord as he says dewa haven't reimbersed him- to which I have said he needs to get his muppet ass down to dewa but they are saying that i have to pay them for them to pay him- I don't think so! My question is if the landlord thinks i owe them money- even though i dont- would they be abe to take it from my deposit at the end of my contract as i can see this going on and on and on!
Old Mar 28th 2011, 11:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

what has it got to do with the Landlord and how does he know what you owe DEWA?
Old Mar 28th 2011, 11:57 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
i am completely up to date with my bills- basically there is a muppet in my building who was paying my bills for me- he then noticed ( I had been contacting dewa trying to get a bill but they kept telling me my building wasnt registered) so this muppet then noticed and stopped paying- so i went down to dewa and sorted it all out- without killing anyone even though i was tempted. The muppet in question is now demanding money from my landlord as he says dewa haven't reimbersed him- to which I have said he needs to get his muppet ass down to dewa but they are saying that i have to pay them for them to pay him- I don't think so! My question is if the landlord thinks i owe them money- even though i dont- would they be abe to take it from my deposit at the end of my contract as i can see this going on and on and on!
well, in fairness, he could take pretty much anything from your deposit and walk away with it.

I can see why DEWA won't reimburse Muppet because then they would have the headache of having to chase you for the money that, had they not been so retarded, you would have been billed for anyway. Imagine the paperwork! Imagine having to engage more than 2 braincells at any one time! Gosh, far easier for them not to.

Anyhow, you LL has nothing to do with it really, unless he decided to pay Muppet himself (not quite sure why he'd do that) and then get you to reimburse him.

It's a tricky one. I guess if you feel that you should have paid those bills (and haven't actually paid DEWA backdated to the start of your tenancy), then ask Muppet for copies of all the bills for your property and give him a wad of cash with express orders to STFU. If, on the other hand, DEWA have been cheeky sods and charged you backdated, as well as taken Muppet's money for the same period, then you can tell them all to STFU, as I guess you have records of all your dues being paid, by you.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 12:01 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

No.

**** the landlord, you are in control of the bill. When you leave you will have to give your landlord and up to date and final settlement of your DEWA bill and he will give you deposit back.

You pay DEWA, not him. Give him nowt.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If, on the other hand, DEWA have been cheeky sods and charged you backdated, as well as taken Muppet's money for the same period, then you can tell them all to STFU, as I guess you have records of all your dues being paid, by you.
Yep this is exactly whats happened, he's obviously hassling the landlord and doesn't want to spend half his life in DEWA trying to sort i all out like I had to.
I have sent copies of all my receipts to my landlord but they are still on my case about it! grrr
Old Mar 28th 2011, 5:24 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Yep this is exactly whats happened, he's obviously hassling the landlord and doesn't want to spend half his life in DEWA trying to sort i all out like I had to.
I have sent copies of all my receipts to my landlord but they are still on my case about it! grrr
oh well then, if you've got proof that you've paid DEWA direct for the bills that he also paid, then it's just his own silly fault and his own silly mess to sort out. You knew that anyway...
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

When i left for Singers 9 months ago i had a very similar situation for this. I cleared all the balances but due to various balls ups by DEWA the landlord, or his factor decided to have another 2000 AED of my deposit. They could never produce any evidence of it.

The cheque for the balance of the deposit bounced anyway of course. Thieving buggers.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Why is somebody else paying your bills "for you"? Get that one back in your own hands - I have been to DEWA personally several times, to pay my own bills on my own behalf. I go to the place just off Al Wasl. I get one of those print-out ticket jobbies with my number on it, I then wait for (usually) between five and twenty minutes, then I pay the bill, get it stamped "PAID", and leave. They are always courteous, and Fatima (desk 18) is very pretty.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 5:15 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Why is somebody else paying your bills "for you"? Get that one back in your own hands - I have been to DEWA personally several times, to pay my own bills on my own behalf. I go to the place just off Al Wasl. I get one of those print-out ticket jobbies with my number on it, I then wait for (usually) between five and twenty minutes, then I pay the bill, get it stamped "PAID", and leave. They are always courteous, and Fatima (desk 18) is very pretty.
I likewise pay my bills in person. If you go around 8am opening time, it takes five minutes. Just a thought, maybe you are now being charged the Housing Fee. That added Dhs345 per month to my bill from 1st January 2011. Perhaps they are chasing you for that.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:38 am
ex-expat

Originally Posted by The Dean
she is - and she spent quite some time sorting it all out. At the beginning of her tenancy, DEWA were sending the bills to the wrong person, who foolishly was just paying them without realising. When she went to chase all this, DEWA backdated her bills to the beginning of her tenancy, and she's now all up to date, which means that DEWA has taken 2 lots of money for the same bill and should therefore reimburse the person who was wrongly billed (and who wrongly forked out the cash)... it's this Muppet who's now trying to claim his money back from Kitty's LL, rather than going to DEWA himself.

Anyhow, if LL decides he needs a bit more cash, he'll take it from the deposit. We just think of the deposit as money lost and if we get any back (despite leaving the apartment spotless), then it'll be like an end of year bonus. Our last LL docked 2k from our deposit for "paint" because he wanted to give the whole apartment another coat of white. What can you say?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
she is - and she spent quite some time sorting it all out. At the beginning of her tenancy, DEWA were sending the bills to the wrong person, who foolishly was just paying them without realising. When she went to chase all this, DEWA backdated her bills to the beginning of her tenancy, and she's now all up to date, which means that DEWA has taken 2 lots of money for the same bill and should therefore reimburse the person who was wrongly billed (and who wrongly forked out the cash)... it's this Muppet who's now trying to claim his money back from Kitty's LL, rather than going to DEWA himself.

Anyhow, if LL decides he needs a bit more cash, he'll take it from the deposit. We just think of the deposit as money lost and if we get any back (despite leaving the apartment spotless), then it'll be like an end of year bonus. Our last LL docked 2k from our deposit for "paint" because he wanted to give the whole apartment another coat of white. What can you say?
You can tell him that legally he cannot charge you to repaint the apartment provide it is handed back in the same colour and in decent condition. Wear and tear is expected.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 12:59 pm
ex-expat

Originally Posted by Meow
You can tell him that legally he cannot charge you to repaint the apartment provide it is handed back in the same colour and in decent condition. Wear and tear is expected.
yeah, I can tell him that, sure... but there's very little recourse, really, is there? I mean, sure, we could get into a battle involving RERA, but the fees we'd have to pay (5% of the annual rent?) would mean it isn't worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.