British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Aquaventure During Ramadan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/aquaventure-during-ramadan-802572/)

Poshy Jul 11th 2013 9:26 am

Aquaventure During Ramadan

Went there yesterday, yes it was Hot but very quiet, no queue's for the slides, loads of free sun loungers, serving food and drinks and smoking areas in abundance, the eating areas inside were partitioned off.

Discount for UAE Residents ( not sure if that's on all the time )

Adult: AED 120* (was AED 250)
Child: AED 100* (was AED 205)

* Each guests must prove UAE residency by a form of identification, Driving Licence, EID, or Passport. Full price will be charged without identification. Child price applies to children under 1.2m tall.

Had a really really good day :thumbsup:, was most pleasant late afternoon / early evening, not knowing it would be so quiet we got there at 10am, no need really.

Sandboy Jul 11th 2013 10:00 am

Re: Aquaventure During Ramadan

pisses me off that they charge kids according to their height, once had a right barney at dreamland about that, don't charge fatties more at buffets or on planes or short arses to rent that cushion at the barbers :frown:

Blue Cat Jul 11th 2013 10:44 am

We were at Wild Wadi not sure of the deals they have on for residents but we have bought annual passes, 2000 dhs each but you get two free passes which are worth 470 dhs (235 dhs to get in these days). We can go every day for an entire year, don't have to queue to get in. Definitely good value for money :)

Blue Cat Jul 11th 2013 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 10794658)
pisses me off that they charge kids according to their height, once had a right barney at dreamland about that, don't charge fatties more at buffets or on planes or short arses to rent that cushion at the barbers :frown:

agree we have been paying full price at WW since our daughter was 5

Bahtatboy Jul 11th 2013 10:46 am

Where's Millhouse?

Blue Cat Jul 11th 2013 10:55 am

forgot to say you can also sign in up to people each at a discounted rate of 150 pp

The_Citizen Jul 11th 2013 11:10 am

hmmm might do this tomorrow.

Got some Entertainer vouchers for here as well.

Poshy Jul 11th 2013 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10794730)
We were at Wild Wadi not sure of the deals they have on for residents but we have bought annual passes, 2000 dhs each but you get two free passes which are worth 470 dhs (235 dhs to get in these days). We can go every day for an entire year, don't have to queue to get in. Definitely good value for money :)

Once or twice a year is enough for me, I like it....but not that much ;)

Blue Cat Jul 11th 2013 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Poshy (Post 10794838)
Once or twice a year is enough for me, I like it....but not that much ;)

the child wanted to do this instead of summer camp, works well for us we don't have to go for the entire day we can just go for a few hours to break the day up.

Poshy Jul 11th 2013 11:35 am

Good idea :thumbsup:, not a long drive from where you live too x

busybee2 Jul 11th 2013 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10794840)
the child wanted to do this instead of summer camp, works well for us we don't have to go for the entire day we can just go for a few hours to break the day up.

the annual passes are pretty good value, you dont have to go that many times in a year to get your moneys worth, but of course only worth it if you live close by. i wasnt impressed with yas waterworld the fact that they didnt mention that when they opened that their annual passes actually had a allocation number on them...... and "sold out" very quickly, and then i think they realised it was too cheap.... and suddenly we dont have any more until next year, bet they are more expensive next year....:sneaky: i still much prefer the 2 in dubai tho.

busybee2 Jul 11th 2013 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10794734)
agree we have been paying full price at WW since our daughter was 5

my kids are very tall.... so they were still babies (well we have always had to pay out more for height related entrance passes and clothes...!)

Poshy Jul 11th 2013 12:06 pm

Mine are tall too, always worn clothes 2-3 ages higher than they actually are.

My 14 is taller than me and im 5'9"I think...ish

... also dont agree with the height thing

busybee2 Jul 11th 2013 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Poshy (Post 10794923)
Mine are tall too, always worn clothes 2-3 ages higher than they actually are.

My 14 is taller than me and im 5'9"I think...ish

... also dont agree with the height thing

yeh i have a 14 year old and he is 6ft something... the 16 is just shorter than his brother. yes clothes at least 3-4 years older, so we have always had to endure the more expensive clothes etc etc.

Poshy Jul 11th 2013 12:10 pm

Lol, yes same here ((( lanky kids ))) x