aprt repairs

Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aprt repairs

Originally Posted by Leannmean
I pay rent on a monthly basis , so each time something of that nature happens , I just get someone to fix it and give me the bill , I snap it , send it to the landlord via Whatsapp then deduct the amount from the rent
good idea....in my case, my company pays upfront and then deducts it from me on a monthly basis.....so no leverage here
Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:38 am
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mission
good idea....in my case, my company pays upfront and then deducts it from me on a monthly basis.....so no leverage here
the landlord will definitely have to pay for it ,unless it is a very small amount that you can just forget about , having said that , getting money from the landlord is not easy and painless,unfortunately .

why there is no handyman to take care of these issues in the building ?
Old Aug 30th 2016, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leannmean
the landlord will definitely have to pay for it ,unless it is a very small amount that you can just forget about , having said that , getting money from the landlord is not easy and painless,unfortunately .

why there is no handyman to take care of these issues in the building ?
There is building maintenance and they quoted me AED 1100, but coz my landlord is a complete d *ck, I'd rather not bring it to his attention (otherwise either I will end up paying for it, or if i bring it to his attention and i don't pay for it and hence get it repaired, he will then deduct it from my deposit) and since I will not be renewing come Nov, I can live with it, since it only supplies hot water to the kitchen sink.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
There is building maintenance and they quoted me AED 1100, but coz my landlord is a complete d *ck, I'd rather not bring it to his attention (otherwise either I will end up paying for it, or if i bring it to his attention and i don't pay for it and hence get it repaired, he will then deduct it from my deposit) and since I will not be renewing come Nov, I can live with it, since it only supplies hot water to the kitchen sink.
That's inflation for you. Jim'ill'fixit would do them for 850 in the ranches. He charged me 1100 on a second one after some 'access problems'. I paid 900 to the guys and had a big argument with a Liverpudlian who said he would block my house from future work... 'ok mate, you do that'