British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The apprentice in DXB. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/apprentice-dxb-798366/)

OleJanx May 28th 2013 8:41 pm

The apprentice in DXB.

Dear God! Barbie and Ken come to life, but twice as plastic and stupid! If that dolt who says he knows Dubai like the back of his hand, he must be wearing gloves! A quick whizz round Karama, or Sharjah ( OK, maybe bending the rules, but even so..) would have done the job. Effing hopeless.
Bet they have clean elbows, though, because I doubt they know the difference between their arses and their elbows. Actually, I might be wrong. They all seem to be talking out of their arses, but I would still hazard a guess at personal hygene difficulties...
What a crock of shit. The Apprentice has turned into a parody of itself.:thumbdown:

OleJanx May 28th 2013 9:02 pm

Re: The apprentice in DXB.

Further comments...
Spoiler:
Napoleon was a useless short arse who couldn't conquer Moscow, was exiled to Elba, and had the indignity of having his knob auctioned. Yeah, really a great guy to hero-worship...

jam25mack May 29th 2013 4:43 am

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 10729346)
Dear God! Barbie and Ken come to life, but twice as plastic and stupid! If that dolt who says he knows Dubai like the back of his hand, he must be wearing gloves! A quick whizz round Karama, or Sharjah ( OK, maybe bending the rules, but even so..) would have done the job. Effing hopeless.
Bet they have clean elbows, though, because I doubt they know the difference between their arses and their elbows. Actually, I might be wrong. They all seem to be talking out of their arses, but I would still hazard a guess at personal hygene difficulties...
What a crock of shit. The Apprentice has turned into a parody of itself.:thumbdown:

To a point I agree, however, to be fair...... if that silly Irish bint hadn't been negative and disruptive the whole task then they might have got somewhere! Two 'events' caused them to lose time 1) her changing the destination from the Madinat to DXB Mall at the last minute (although I think she was probably correct she didn't know that and was just being a dick) , and 2) the basic error with the flag size. If those events didn't happen they would have had at least an extra hour to find things. Then following that on with all this 'doesn't play well with women bullsh*t' (which seemed totally fictitious) then I think Alan sacked the wrong chap. He had been relatively strong so far and hadn't put a foot wrong. She has to go next. I didn't mind her up until last nights episode but now.....grrrr!

Also, the Welsh guy.... agghhhh! What a prick!

As for the Oud..... I would have gone with the scent too....

I do agree though, a quick trip to Carrefor or Geant followed by Adventure HQ for the Falcon Hat, a petrol station for a flag and you'd be almost there in 1 hr.

as for the quality of the candidates, these seem to come in waves, you have a year of quality then scumbag dross for a season or two and repeat. They were relatively good last season I seem to remember.

scrubbedexpat141 May 30th 2013 4:37 am

I couldn't stand that Zee chap. SO arrogant.

Still, I actually felt sorry for him when the girls turned on him in the boardroom using all sorts of terrible things like ebing sexist and the like.

Glad to see him gone though. The Irish bird was a pain but was generally correct in what she wanted.

Should have gone to Dragon Mart. For everything.

Millhouse May 30th 2013 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10731790)
Should have gone to Dragon Mart. For everything.

I thought the same - and a whizz around the corner to the plant souq for plant.

I'd have done Satwa, Dragonmart and the plant souk - and maybe a Smokers Centre - In fairness, the Oud would have killed some of my time too.

scrubbedexpat141 May 30th 2013 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10731793)
I thought the same - and a whizz around the corner to the plant souq for plant.

I'd have done Satwa, Dragonmart and the plant souk - and maybe a Smokers Centre - In fairness, the Oud would have killed some of my time too.

Oud was tricky, but when it says Egyptian Mahogany and Standard Size...I'd be questioning my thoughts that it's the perfume.

shiva May 30th 2013 5:00 am

never watched it before, wont be watching it again. sugar would be mad to go into business with any of them.

what a bunch of utter idiots.

worst case scenario in a city you dont know.

find a local or expat and ask them or better yet, find a taxi driver and get him to take you to where you need to go. rocket science it aint.

personally i'd have done, and in this order Satwa, plant souq, dragonmart. the *********** who says he lives here should have at least have known about satwa.

in fact now im thinking about it, if they had walked another 100m past the gold souq they would've hit areas where they could have got everything they needed at wholesale price.

as a parting comment why the **** didnt they tell everyone it was for a big hotel deal and that they needed free/discounted samples?

Blue Cat May 30th 2013 5:18 am

The Irish woman I could punch in the face she is an absolute pain in the arse and was disruptive right through this task. The basic lack of common sense in all of them is alarming. I like Miles the most at this point in time. He was an idiot to wait for the flag but he doesn't know what it is like living here from a cultural point of view. We all know that it would take double the time they state. Why did no one think of a vet for the falcon cover?

flares May 30th 2013 5:36 am

You shouldn't give anyone with a thick Ulster accent any task like that in Dubai. It cannot be understood by most of us Brits - what chance Keralite shop keepers.

Oi wan sam aaaard. aaar, woooo, day so it is spelt

scrubbedexpat141 May 30th 2013 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10731816)
The Irish woman I could punch in the face she is an absolute pain in the arse and was disruptive right through this task. The basic lack of common sense in all of them is alarming. I like Miles the most at this point in time. He was an idiot to wait for the flag but he doesn't know what it is like living here from a cultural point of view. We all know that it would take double the time they state. Why did no one think of a vet for the falcon cover?

I wouldn't have had a clue about a falcon hood.

Oud was tough
Kandura - pretty straightforward - can get them all over.
Palm was straightforward
Flag - fair play to Zee for pre-ordering, shame on all three of them for not noticing the cm/inch error.
Coffee Pot - Pretty much anywhere, Antiques Museum, but that's a ball ache and no negotiating...Carrefour probably have them.

Struggling to remember the other three...

NorthernLad May 30th 2013 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10731798)
Oud was tricky, but when it says Egyptian Mahogany and Standard Size...I'd be questioning my thoughts that it's the perfume.

Are they banned from using the internet? A quick search would have told them what the oud was.

I'm glad Zee went, deserved it for making out he was an expert on Dubai then failing miserably.

Id have done as Shive said - ask expats or taxi drivers. Dragonmart and the Antiques Museum should have provided most of the items.

shiva May 30th 2013 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10731831)
Pretty much anywhere, Antiques Museum, but that's a ball ache and no negotiating

are you honestly telling us you pay the first price in the antiques museum????

Millhouse May 30th 2013 5:49 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10731826)
You shouldn't give anyone with a thick Ulster accent any task like that in Dubai. It cannot be understood by most of us Brits - what chance Keralite shop keepers.

Oi wan sam aaaard. aaar, woooo, day so it is spelt

I loved the '32 oiinccce' bit

Millhouse May 30th 2013 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10731816)
The Irish woman I could punch in the face she is an absolute pain in the arse and was disruptive right through this task.

I don't understand what she does with her lipstick - it's all over her face

Blue Cat May 30th 2013 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10731844)
I don't understand what she does with her lipstick - it's all over her face

it's gloss, she has botox in her lips and obviously thinks that they look attractive, she is an idiot of mammoth proportions.

Scamp fair enough on the eagle cover thing, my vet sells them but I am guessing not many know that, yellow pages should have helped them though.