British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The Apprentice (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/apprentice-692179/)

Blue Cat Nov 4th 2010 9:01 am

The Apprentice

Anyone else watching the current series with Lord Sugar? every year I think surely they can be so stupid, every year I am proved wrong. Got it all downloaded for this evening :thumbup:

Blue Cat Nov 4th 2010 11:34 am

Re: The Apprentice

66 hits and not one reply, I shall continue talking to myself

soukie Nov 4th 2010 2:03 pm

I am an avid watcher - love Alan Sugar. He definitely made the right decision on last night's episode - won't spoil it for you bit it's the episode where they have to sell designer gear. Let me know what you think :)

Blue Cat Nov 4th 2010 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 8961396)
I am an avid watcher - love Alan Sugar. He definitely made the right decision on last night's episode - won't spoil it for you bit it's the episode where they have to sell designer gear. Let me know what you think :)

will do, will be watching it after dinner, I love Alan as well, did you see Piers Morgan's life stories on him? I was well happy last week when that nutjob got the boot :thumbup:

soukie Nov 4th 2010 2:18 pm

I missed the Piers Morgan show with AS but keep meaning to download it. If you thought last week's apprentice was good this week's is even better.

The Dean Nov 4th 2010 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8961401)
will do, will be watching it after dinner, I love Alan as well, did you see Piers Morgan's life stories on him? I was well happy last week when that nutjob got the boot :thumbup:

He got it wrong last night - he was surprised by her 'outburst'. True, she was ranting incoherently at times, but she was one of the stronger participants overall.

And I saw her on that Fired show later (where Darragh O'Brain interviews them) and she seemed eminently qualified for a job as a glamour model - stunning.........!

Blue Cat Nov 4th 2010 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8961432)
He got it wrong last night - he was surprised by her 'outburst'. True, she was ranting incoherently at times, but she was one of the stronger participants overall.

And I saw her on that Fired show later (where Darragh O'Brain interviews them) and she seemed eminently qualified for a job as a glamour model - stunning.........!

shut it!! I haven't seen it yet!

lionheart Nov 4th 2010 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8961452)
shut it!! I haven't seen it yet!

Serves your right for talking about current shows. So how about Survivor? When is that nasty Afro-American girl getting the chop?

Blue Cat Nov 4th 2010 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8961538)
Serves your right for talking about current shows. So how about Survivor? When is that nasty Afro-American girl getting the chop?

not watching Survivor got to much better stuff to watch :)

soukie Nov 4th 2010 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8961432)

Don't agree! But I'll not discuss any further as BC hasn't seen it yet.

Madam Medusa Nov 5th 2010 2:49 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 8961396)

i love it too...the biggest muppet last night though was that woman who spent £300 on that totally hideous tie-dress...

MM, xx

soukie Nov 5th 2010 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8962698)
i love it too...the biggest muppet last night though was that woman who spent £300 on that totally hideous tie-dress...

MM, xx

:rofl:Well there were in WAG territory.

Autonomy Nov 5th 2010 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8961542)
not watching Survivor got to much better stuff to watch :)

Just curious BC and all - you / we love all these UK / US reality shows - would you be as excited / into an Arabian version (in English of course!) - a real one, not a fake knock off, but a real, well done version just based in the Middle East...?

Bungdit Din Nov 5th 2010 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8962972)
Just curious BC and all - you / we love all these UK / US reality shows - would you be as excited / into an Arabian version (in English of course!) - a real one, not a fake knock off, but a real, well done version just based in the Middle East...?

impossible to say, some people like some reality shows and not others. I love UK Apprentice, can't get into American Apprentice at all, I know people who are the other way round. I can't say I'd be into an Arabian reality show just because it was based in the ME, and the cultural norms here might make it difficult to do properly in an entertaining way. What is racy and daring to Arab viewers might end up neutered and bland to western eyes.

plus it would have to be something I could download and watch without ads, can't be doing with the terrible local TV channels with ads every 5 minutes.

soukie Nov 5th 2010 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8962972)

Don't you remember the apprentice style show set in Abu Dhabi - they had to "impress" Dr Al-Fahim the then CEO of Hydra Properties. I used to watch this one too....