Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone watching Lionheart v Bangleman?

Anyone watching Lionheart v Bangleman?

Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone watching Lionheart v Bangleman?

Or rather... Manchester City v West Ham.

2-1 to MC at h-t - but should be 2-2 from where I was sitting - what was wrong with that goal?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:52 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone watching Lionheart v Bangleman?

Originally Posted by The Dean
Or rather... Manchester City v West Ham.

2-1 to MC at h-t - but should be 2-2 from where I was sitting - what was wrong with that goal?
An entertaining game. Should have been 4-2 but will settle for the 3 points and the return from injury of Santa Cruz and Michael "Chubby" Johnson. Hughes will have selection problems when Adebayor and Robinho return as well. As for West Ham, they play attractive football and should soon climb from their current lowly position.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
An entertaining game. Should have been 4-2 but will settle for the 3 points and the return from injury of Santa Cruz and Michael "Chubby" Johnson. Hughes will have selection problems when Adebayor and Robinho return as well. As for West Ham, they play attractive football and should soon climb from their current lowly position.
Yeah but they are the sort of problems you want, Adebayor will always start as he is the main man, Bellamy is a great player despite being an odious, horrible little shitbag - Robinhio can slot in anywhere really and Petrov is ace, but Bellamy may take his place on the wing.

I'm pretty much sure you'll get 5th place this season.

West Ham have done well despite having very little money and not much, apart from Cole in the striker department.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:54 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

What was wrong with that 2nd goal for **** sake, and what an utter tedious prick of a ref, moving the ball back 5inches if a free kick was being taken in wrong place and some really petty decisions, and getting the '2nd' goal one completely wrong....

We woz robbed !!!!

Well, not quite, but considering the crap team we put out due to inkjuries, and lack of half decent players a loss was expected

The quality of Tevez as a man shone through when he scored and put his hand up to apologise to West Ham fans, and his hands together beging for forgiveness........compare that to the 80 yard sprint by Adebayor a few weeks ago.....enough said !
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
What was wrong with that 2nd goal for **** sake, and what an utter tedious prick of a ref, moving the ball back 5inches if a free kick was being taken in wrong place and some really petty decisions, and getting the '2nd' goal one completely wrong....

We woz robbed !!!!

Well, not quite, but considering the crap team we put out due to inkjuries, and lack of half decent players a loss was expected

The quality of Tevez as a man shone through when he scored and put his hand up to apologise to West Ham fans, and his hands together beging for forgiveness........compare that to the 80 yard sprint by Adebayor a few weeks ago.....enough said !
aye Tevez is class, I didn't know any players on your bench mind, are they are reserves or something?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:49 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to remind Bangleman that the Assistant Ref was waving his flag before Cole put his cross in. My instinct tells me that Given may therefore have been distracted. Over the 90 minutes, City had about 12 decent attempts on goal to WHU's 3-4 so it was a fair result. That lad Noble looks useful. If he continues to play like that, Hughes may try and buy him in the January transfer window. I thought De Jong was immense.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Just to remind Bangleman that the Assistant Ref was waving his flag before Cole put his cross in. My instinct tells me that Given may therefore have been distracted. Over the 90 minutes, City had about 12 decent attempts on goal to WHU's 3-4 so it was a fair result. That lad Noble looks useful. If he continues to play like that, Hughes may try and buy him in the January transfer window. I thought De Jong was immense.
I have an immense De Jong as well...............