Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone leaving the country or know of anyone leaving??

Anyone leaving the country or know of anyone leaving??

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 3:53 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone leaving the country or know of anyone leaving??

Originally Posted by seven seas
Your best bet is to ask people who never, ever eat curry- like British expats for example.
Yeah, we're leaving and flogging all our stuff in the first couple of weeks of December - sofa, coffee table, telly table (no telly - it has already gone), dining room table and chairs, computer table (nice one), queen size bed, chest of drawers... gawd, you could even have our cutlery and crockery if you wanted it!

I'm keen to avoid Dubizzle because I hate the haggling. PM me if you're interested, but I will probably only get back to you right at the end of the month because we'e off on holiday in a few hours.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

sad face @ hello kitty

how are you feeling about leaving?
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Your best bet is to ask people who never, ever eat curry- like British expats for example.
Isn't Chicken Tikka Masala supposed to be officially the favourite meal of Brits these days?
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
Yeah, we're leaving and flogging all our stuff in the first couple of weeks of December - sofa, coffee table, telly table (no telly - it has already gone), dining room table and chairs, computer table (nice one), queen size bed, chest of drawers... gawd, you could even have our cutlery and crockery if you wanted it!

I'm keen to avoid Dubizzle because I hate the haggling. PM me if you're interested, but I will probably only get back to you right at the end of the month because we'e off on holiday in a few hours.
Have sent you a pm with contact details!!!

Thanks Chris
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Just posting to refresh this, Still interested!! May have someone interested in other stuff who has just moved to sillicon oasis. I pm'd u my no. as above look forward to hearing from you

Thanks Chris
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

shes on holiday Chris
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:26 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris_m
Just posting to refresh this, Still interested!! May have someone interested in other stuff who has just moved to sillicon oasis. I pm'd u my no. as above look forward to hearing from you

Thanks Chris
just got back today, so will send you a text. I'll be taking photos of everything tomorrow, so just let me know what you or your friend is interested in (I know you'd like to see the sofa) and I'll email them.

Kittycat - I've now got over the shock of the suddenness of our decision (kind of made for us really) and so am now just getting on with things. The saddest thing is that, having thought about it, there is nothing fundamentally about Dubai that I will miss aside from the great buffets. I can live without cheap mani/pedis and I know that I will see most of the friends I've made here again at some stage. I've "done" almost everything I wanted to to in the region, so yes, I really feel that my time here is over and that a new chapter is starting - with all the excitement and change that brings.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well good for you HK- (must say part of me is a bit jealous). Well you know if you ever want a holiday I have a camp bed you are very welcome to.

Never got to take you shopping :-)

So what have you got to sell that I might be after? have you got a bookcase?
Old Dec 1st 2011, 10:38 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

just got back today, so will send you a text. I'll be taking photos of everything tomorrow, so just let me know what you or your friend is interested in (I know you'd like to see the sofa) and I'll email them.

Kittycat - I've now got over the shock of the suddenness of our decision (kind of made for us really) and so am now just getting on with things. The saddest thing is that, having thought about it, there is nothing fundamentally about Dubai that I will miss aside from the great buffets. I can live without cheap mani/pedis and I know that I will see most of the friends I've made here again at some stage. I've "done" almost everything I wanted to to in the region, so yes, I really feel that my time here is over and that a new chapter is starting - with all the excitement and change that brings.
We'll miss you. You and your family are lovely.

Old Dec 1st 2011, 12:12 pm
ex-expat

Originally Posted by Meow
We'll miss you. You and your family are lovely.

aww, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now... maybe I should turn the AC back on! lol

Kittycat - next time you're in London with a day to spare, we must hook up!

As for stuff to sell, here's the list with ono prices:
- telly table (beech effect 160x50x45, 4 drawers, 2 cubby holes) 200aed
- coffee table (beech effect 120x65x40, frosted glass centre panel) 200aed
- 2x toddler beds with mattresses 300aed each
- sofa (brown fabric, 4 seater with chaise longue bit) 500aed
- dining table with 6 chairs (pale/beech rubberwood, neutral upholstered seats) 1500aed
- Ikea cabinet (beech/ oak effect, 2 square cupboards and 4 drawers) 400aed
- Microwave 200aed
- Ikea chest/ TV stand (beech effect) 200aed
- Computer table (beech effect 135x67x75) 500aed
- Ikea Malm queen sized bed (bech effect, with headboard and mattress) 1000aed
- Ikea Malm headboard storage thing with roll-out shelving (beech, to match) 250aed
- Ikea Malm tallboy (that's a tall and narrow chest of drawers) with a flip-up mirror (beech effect) 250aed
- 2x Ikea bedside lamps (black metal stick bases with neutral shade) 50aed
- wooden screw-fix stairgate (never used) 200aed
- 2x Group 1,2,3 car seats (one sand coloured, one red, both convert from full seat with 5 point harness to "simple" booster seat to be used with adult seatbelt, suitable from 9 months - 11 years) 400aed each
- Canon MP250 printer/scanner/copier 500aed

Stuff you could give me some money for if you wanted to, but I have no idea how much:
- large ironing board and iron
- cleaning stuff (vacuum, mop and bucket, dustpan and brush, dusters, window cleaning things, etc...)
- Ikea cutlery and neutral dinner set (not Ikea) including cups and saucers, plus a random assortment of glasses... for 6 covers, apart from I broke a wine glass. Oops.
- unused camping BBQ (a few points of rust where we opened the box) and small bag of charcoal

and free to a good (or in fairness even a rubbish) home
- Ikea shoe rack (the simple one...)
- completely random Ikea free-standing trouser hanger thing
- Ikea wall mirror (the really basic one)

If you're interested in anything please pm me an email address so that I can send photos.

Anything left over we'll be giving to charity on or around the 12th December, although Helping Hands are resolutely not answering their email after nearly 3 weeks. TakeMyJunk are the only other ones I know of...
Old Dec 1st 2011, 12:28 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Anything left over we'll be giving to charity on or around the 12th December, although Helping Hands are resolutely not answering their email after nearly 3 weeks. TakeMyJunk are the only other ones I know of...
I don't think HH are really operating anymore. Long story that I won't post here. Take my Junk are a good bunch.

We're had some new staff recently, so I'd be happy to circulate your list of things to sell if you'd like.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ill take your hoover- fed up of sweeping! and your microwave please ( bout time I started cooking....
Old Dec 1st 2011, 1:35 pm
ex-expat

Originally Posted by Meow
I don't think HH are really operating anymore. Long story that I won't post here. Take my Junk are a good bunch.

We're had some new staff recently, so I'd be happy to circulate your list of things to sell if you'd like.
Interesting...

Yes, please do circulate if you think they'd be interested. I'm keen to avoid the trauma of Dubizzle!

Kittycat - microwave and hoover are yours! I'll message you.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

I'll have the iron board an iron, and get some lessons off my sister on how to use both . Please send a txt and i'll forward you my email address that be great.

Plus load of other bits!

Thanks Chris
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kittycat1
shes on holiday Chris
Nar Nar, Sorry couldn't resist!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.