Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Is anyone here superstitious?

Is anyone here superstitious?

Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

thomas_fly1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is anyone here superstitious?

I am not particularly superstitious but for fun my friends and I used to hit the roof of the car if you were running an orange light. I think it was just a silly thing to do rather than a superstition.

But when I went to Peru last month I noticed that these people are incredibly superstitious. A NOTE to those who are reading! Don't pass the salt to anyone, hand to hand; always place it back on the table in front of the person who asked for the salt so that they can pick it up. If you don't know this little piece of vital information you might just find yourself waiting for a long time until some tells you to put the salt back on the table! No one will take it front you because it is terribly bad luck!

The Andean people have also a unique religion based on a fusion or rituals, superstitions, Roman Catholic practices and some hidden symbolisms from the time that their religious was suppressed by the Spanish Invaders.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 4:12 am
Banned

K Gun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
No! - she can justify it by listing the characteristics she identifies. She's a Taurus which means nothing to me but she found my mother difficult from about thirty seconds into their first meeting. She hadn't asked me her date of birth but she instinctively sensed she was also a Taurus (correct). They don't get on, apparently (Tauruses with Tauruses).

Please don't ask me to explain or justify it - I think it's creepy beyond belief - but I can swear to her accuracy!
I'm just not buying it
Old Sep 28th 2012, 4:42 am
Banned

K Gun is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not superstitious but I do have my rituals. I will only fly first class and I wont attend any sporting event unless i'm in the front row. I rarely go to bars anymore but when I did I always sat at the end of the bar with my back to a wall. I never sit in the back seat of cars and rarely drive anywhere unless i'm doing the driving. I don't like my picture taken and prefer to eat off of square plates.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K Gun
I'm just not buying it
She would read your post about only flying first-class, and insisting on front-row seats at sporting events, and would quickly tell you what you are.......
Old Sep 28th 2012, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K Gun
I'm not superstitious but I do have my rituals. I will only fly first class and I wont attend any sporting event unless i'm in the front row. I rarely go to bars anymore but when I did I always sat at the end of the bar with my back to a wall. I never sit in the back seat of cars and rarely drive anywhere unless i'm doing the driving. I don't like my picture taken and prefer to eat off of square plates.
You don't like having your photo taken? Why's that? Too much retribution after the lens is U/S and the owners are pissed at you?
I doubt you've ever flown first class, and as for plates, I'd be suprised if you've ever eaten from anything other the polystyrene boxes...
And won't go anywhere unless you're driving? Need friends, Bubba, first before they will get in a vehicle with you. Bet you either have a Dodge Ram or a Suburban- the Red neck transportayshun of choice.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

You rejoin the Bored under a new name - just to reply to a post which was a reply to a post you made under a previous name....???

You are insane. And probably dangerous.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
However............. I'm convinced (against my better judgement) that signs of the zodiac, or 'star signs', do reflect characteristics and traits of behaviour.
Yes, me too. And I think you could argue a scientific basis for horoscopes, based upon when you were conceived/born.

That said, I do not believe in ghosts, UFOs, mediums, seeing the future, or anything like that.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Bet you either have a Dodge Ram or a Suburban- the Red neck transportayshun of choice.
I would love to have a Dodge Ram
Old Sep 30th 2012, 5:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Golden Goat

I like PRIME young penis
you pervert.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Golden Goat
Does anyone want to see pictures of my wifes Cadilac STS, my Jeep Cherokees, my 455 HP Subaru, my 66 Corvette or my tractors?

Oddly enough, yes, I would actually
Old Sep 30th 2012, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
I would love to have a Dodge Ram
Thats what I intend to get, a Dodge Ram crew cab dually with Cummins diesel, to pull my gooseneck.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know these knew euphemisms....
Old Oct 1st 2012, 4:22 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
In addition to using the Chinese year-based system (eg Year of the Dragon), the Japanese also attribute charachter traits to blood type. Every Japanese person knows his or her blood type, and the characteristics that go with it. I'm A+, and like everything neat and ordered, which is one of the traits. Can't remember the others...
I'm A+ and completely scruffy and disorganised ergo it's bollox
Old Oct 1st 2012, 4:24 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
I'm A+ and completely scruffy and disorganised ergo it's bollox
But you're not Japanese....are you?
Old Oct 1st 2012, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
But you're not Japanese....are you?
There is a marvellous book called The Blue Eyed Salaryman in which a European working for a Japanese company, after having a yearly medical was told he had an eye problem: Yep, the company's eye scanner wasn't used to blue eyes and registered a problem....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.