Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone here is struggling with smoking ?

Anyone here is struggling with smoking ?

Old Jun 14th 2015, 12:06 pm
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Anyone here is struggling with smoking ?

Hi All

For some reason being in the ME makes it particularly harder to quit ,
I sat a date to quit which was the first of Jan this year , but fell off the wagon after two weeks

Does this place make you smoke more or make quitting harder or its just all in the head ?

share your thoughts / experiences with ciggies and whether you quit , relapsed or planning on quitting them
Old Jun 14th 2015, 4:00 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone here is struggling with smoking ?

I one day decided to not have them in the day time. Just like that.
So stopped carrying them completely and made sure none were available at the work place for me. Honestly speaking it was hard only for 2 or 3 days, as I had the thought of looking forward to having a smoke with a cold one in my head the whole day.
Now if I am not having a beer, I dont need one. And sometimes can even go for days without a smoke. Its all in the head mate.
Its been over 10 years now I think. I dont mind other people smoking in front of me like the other 'quitters' who just have to make a scene when someone farts smoke in their direction. Hate 'sore quitters'
Old Jun 15th 2015, 4:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I've cut down as well. Can easily go through 20 a day if I'm honest.

Decided to stop smoking so much at work, now I'm in a different office I have just never let the routine start. I probably have 4-5 by home time instead of 12-15. It's made a huge difference.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 5:56 am
"The Seeker"

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I one day decided to not have them in the day time. Just like that.
So stopped carrying them completely and made sure none were available at the work place for me. Honestly speaking it was hard only for 2 or 3 days, as I had the thought of looking forward to having a smoke with a cold one in my head the whole day.
Now if I am not having a beer, I dont need one. And sometimes can even go for days without a smoke. Its all in the head mate.
Its been over 10 years now I think. I dont mind other people smoking in front of me like the other 'quitters' who just have to make a scene when someone farts smoke in their direction. Hate 'sore quitters'
I hate sore quitters as well , they're just so sanctimonious ,
as for me , I'd always go full turkey on weekends , just doesn't stick for more than 15 days at best , once I've stretched that for 2 months .
it seems like a curse , I'd always go back sucking on those cancer sticks .
Happy for you pal ! that is some discipline you've got right there
Old Jun 15th 2015, 6:10 am
"The Seeker"

Originally Posted by Scamp
I've cut down as well. Can easily go through 20 a day if I'm honest.

Decided to stop smoking so much at work, now I'm in a different office I have just never let the routine start. I probably have 4-5 by home time instead of 12-15. It's made a huge difference.
I have unlimited smoke breaks at work , I used to smoke like 15-18 in 8 hours or so
I use them as an execuse to get away from my damn desk

is that 20 cigarettes lights or full flavor ?
Old Jun 15th 2015, 6:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Leannmean
I have unlimited smoke breaks at work , I used to smoke like 15-18 in 8 hours or so
I use them as an execuse to get away from my damn desk

is that 20 cigarettes lights or full flavor ?
Well, when I first started it was Marlboro reds. Then I went to rollies. Then menthols. Now Marlboro have changed their menthols from normal to strong Double ICe things, I've gone to dunhill switch, the grey and green, they're lighter and fine.

I'd really like a super-light menthol. Friend of mine quit by going lighter and lighter until it was basically breathing. Then he found it didn't have the same appeal, so the whole - need to get up and do something was replaced with water / coffee / anything and didn't have the same struggle because the nicotine side had subsided over a long period. I guess...
Old Jun 15th 2015, 6:24 am
"The Seeker"

yeah , I tried the 1 by 1 Marlboro White , they were fine just not as smooth as Golds .
recently I've tried the all new dunhill slims with the receding filter (Gold not Silver ) and they taste heavenly especially with a good cup of freshly brewed coffee

certainly taste much better than the Swedish Nicorette that I've been chewing on and spitting occasionally ,

Last edited by Leannmean; Jun 15th 2015 at 6:24 am. Reason: spelling correction
Old Jun 15th 2015, 6:26 am
Account Closed

yeah , I tried the 1 by 1 Marlboro White , they were fine just not as smooth as Golds .
recently I've tried the all new dunhill slims with the receding filter (Gold not Silver ) and they taste heavenly especially with a good cup of freshly brewed coffee

certainly taste much better than the Swedish Nicorette that I've been chewing on and spitting occasionally ,
To be honest, to quit, you have to WANT to quit. I don't really want to at the moment, but I will, just not yet.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 6:27 am
"The Seeker"

So true Scamp , I feel like I HAVE to quit not really WANT to though ....
I guess I am allowed a few vices
Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

So true Scamp , I feel like I HAVE to quit not really WANT to though ....
I guess I am allowed a few vices
Stick to masturbating. It's better for the lungs.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:38 am

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
what if he likes to smoke WHILE masturbating??
Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:38 am
"The Seeker"

Talking Re: Anyone here is struggling with smoking ?

Originally Posted by Millhouse
.... Millhouse ; your comment made my day ... Thanks
Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:41 am
"The Seeker"

what if he likes to smoke WHILE masturbating??
LOL , that is something I never tried ... Now I'll think of ciggies while I whack it thanks to you
Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:59 am

LOL , that is something I never tried ... Now I'll think of ciggies while I whack it thanks to you
please dont thank me while you whack it.....thank millhouse, he started it!
Old Jun 15th 2015, 9:25 am
"The Seeker"

please dont thank me while you whack it.....thank millhouse, he started it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.